Casey fires six innings of one-run baseball to earn first win of season
Cavaliers score seven runs in seventh inning to post eighth straight victory
Cavaliers score nine unanswered runs in last three innings to finish weekend 3-0
McCarthy goes 3-for-4 with 3-run homer, while Lynch fires 6 1/3 strong innings
• Played in 19 games, including nine starts at shortstop
• Went 4-for-11 while starting all three games in Charleston Crab House Challenge to open the season
• Made start at shortstop in Saturday game at Florida State in place of injured Ernie Clement (4/29)
• Had singles in ACC games at North Carolina (3/11) and Clemson (3/19)
• Recorded two hits in season opener against Liberty (2/17)
• Four-year starter who led team to three state championships
• Earned All-State 4A honors at shortstop his senior year
• Batted in the cleanup spot and hit .470 with 11 doubles, 24 runs batted in and 25 runs scored his senior year
• Coached by Charlie Dragum at Hanover
• Played summer ball with Virginia Cardinals
• Also played one year of basketball
• Parents are Don and Keri Richardson
• Father was a quarterback at Ferrum College
• Has one sister, Keleigh, and one brother, Caydon
Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores