Cavaliers score two in last at bat
Panthers plate three runs in final turn at the plate
Virginia improves to 11-4 at home this season
Cavaliers stage extra inning comeback to defeat BC
Lynch fans career-high 11 batters
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
• Appeared in 32 games with 18 starts (9 LF, 9 DH)
• Nine of his 17 hits went for extra bases (5 2B, 4 HR)
• Was 3-for-4 with two HR, three runs and four RBI in win against Duke (3/25)
• Hit solo home run at Clemson (3/19)
• Doubled, scored two runs and drove in two in win over Rutgers (2/26)
• Hit 3-run home run in seventh inning in comeback win over Kansas (2/19)
• Played in 26 games; started 22 of UVA’s last 23 games in left field, including final 18
• Suffered ankle injury on Feb. 23 against VMI; returned April 6 in pinch-hit appearance against George Washington
• Made first start of season in LF on April 17 vs. UNC; went 1-for-4 with 2-run single
• Drove in three runs against Radford (4/19)
• Was 3-for-8 in two starts in LF in Miami series
• Hit go-ahead, two-run homer in Friday win against Georgia Tech (5/13); also homered in Sunday game
• Hit two-run home run in eighth inning against Virginia Tech (5/20)
• Was 2-for-10 with two doubles, two RBI at ACC tournament
• Played in 23 games, making 15 starts (12 in LF, 3 at DH)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Had seven-game hit streak snapped with pinch-hit appearance against Duke (5/8)
• Had three hits and threw out runner at the plate in win against Miami (4/18)
• Hit first career home run, a 2-run blast in eighth inning, at Georgia Tech (4/12)
• Recorded three hits in his first college game against East Carolina (2/14)
• Came to UVA as infielder, but moved to outfield early in season to help fill void there
GREAT BRIDGE HS
• Three-time all-state honoree
• Named to MaxPreps Underclass All-America Team three times
• Four-time all-district and three-time all-region honoree
• Earned second-team all-district honors in 2014 despite missing part of season with broken hand
• Played with former UVA teammate Connor Jones at Great Bridge; team won 2011 state championship
• Coached by Sean Townsend
• Played travel team baseball with EvoShield Canes
• Parents are Jim and Sarah Cody
• Has two brothers, Patrick and Jimmy, both of whom went on to play college baseball - Patrick played at Gettysburg College and Jimmy at Muhlenberg College
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tuesday's Game vs. ODU Cancelled
Baseball | 4/23/2018
Tuesday's non-conference game against Old Dominion at Harbor Park has been cancelled.
Ninth Inning Rally Clinches Series for Virginia
Baseball | 4/22/2018
Virginia rallied for two runs in the top of the ninth inning to stun Louisville, 2-1.
Virginia Evens Series Behind Strong Pitching
Baseball | 4/21/2018
Daniel Lynch and reliever Bennett Sousa shut down Louisville over the final six innings in a 5-4...
Louisville Takes Opener With Late Rally
Baseball | 4/20/2018
Danny Oriente doubled in two runs in the eighth inning to help, Louisville prevail, 5-4 over...
Virginia Travels to Louisville for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 4/19/2018
Virginia will continue its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this weekend with a three-game road...
Virginia Powers Past Liberty, 14-3
Baseball | 4/18/2018
A four-run second inning and a five-run seventh aided Virginia to an 14-3 victory over Liberty.
Virginia Walks-off against GW in 12th
Baseball | 04/17/2018
Brendan Rivoli doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 12th inning in a 3-2 midweek win.
Virginia Baseball Signs John “Parker” Staples
Baseball | 04/16/2018
Virginia head baseball coach Brian O’Connor announced the signing of nine-year-old John ...
- Online Stores