Novak hits game-winning single in bottom of ninth inning
Haseley hits go-ahead homer in 10th inning as UVA clinches series
Cavaliers get quality start from Derek Casey to win third straight
Cavaliers pile up 20 hits to force a Sunday rubber game in the series
Haseley works 6 1/3 inning to earn win and also hits home run, drives in two
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
• Played in 26 games; started 22 of UVA’s last 23 games in left field, including final 18
• Suffered ankle injury on Feb. 23 against VMI; returned April 6 in pinch-hit appearance against George Washington
• Made first start of season in LF on April 17 vs. UNC; went 1-for-4 with 2-run single
• Drove in three runs against Radford (4/19)
• Was 3-for-8 in two starts in LF in Miami series
• Hit go-ahead, two-run homer in Friday win against Georgia Tech (5/13); also homered in Sunday game
• Hit two-run home run in eighth inning against Virginia Tech (5/20)
• Was 2-for-10 with two doubles, two RBI at ACC tournament
• Played in 23 games, making 15 starts (12 in LF, 3 at DH)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Had seven-game hit streak snapped with pinch-hit appearance against Duke (5/8)
• Had three hits and threw out runner at the plate in win against Miami (4/18)
• Hit first career home run, a 2-run blast in eighth inning, at Georgia Tech (4/12)
• Recorded three hits in his first college game against East Carolina (2/14)
• Came to UVA as infielder, but moved to outfield early in season to help fill void there
GREAT BRIDGE HS
• Three-time all-state honoree
• Named to MaxPreps Underclass All-America Team three times
• Four-time all-district and three-time all-region honoree
• Earned second-team all-district honors in 2014 despite missing part of season with broken hand
• Played with former UVA teammate Connor Jones at Great Bridge; team won 2011 state championship
• Coached by Sean Townsend
• Played travel team baseball with EvoShield Canes
• Parents are Jim and Sarah Cody
• Has two brothers, Patrick and Jimmy, both of whom went on to play college baseball - Patrick played at Gettysburg College and Jimmy at Muhlenberg College
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Uses Big First Inning to Cruise Past Clemson, 10-2
Baseball | 5/26/2017
Virginia scored eight runs in the first inning and rolled to the win behind seven strong innings ...
Virginia Falls to Duke in ACC Pool Play, 4-3
Baseball | 5/25/2017
Virginia concludes pool play at noon Friday against Clemson at UofL's Jim Patterson Stadium.
Virginia's ACC Tournament Schedule Altered
Baseball | 5/24/2017
Virginia will play Duke at 3 p.m. Thursday at Louisville Slugger Field and Clemson at noon Friday...
No. 10 Virginia Opens ACC Tournament Play Thursday
Baseball | 5/24/2017
The fourth-seeded Cavaliers play No. 9 seed Duke Thursday and No. 5 seed Clemson Friday in...
McCarthy Named to Collegiate National Team
Baseball | 5/24/2017
Virginia sophomore outfielder Jake McCarthy has received and accepted an invitation to compete on...
Six Cavaliers Named to 2017 All-ACC Team
Baseball | 5/22/2017
First-team honorees Adam Haseley and Pavin Smith highlighted six Cavaliers on the 2017 All-ACC Team.
McCarthy Named ACC Player of Week
Baseball | 05/22/2017
McCarthy had a big week, going 12-for-21 (.571) with a home run and six RBI while recording four ...
ACC Baseball Championship Schedule Announced
Baseball | 05/21/2017
Virginia plays Duke at 11 a.m. Thursday and Clemson at 11 a.m. Friday in Louisville, Ky.
- Online Stores