Novak hits game-winning single in bottom of ninth inning
Haseley hits go-ahead homer in 10th inning as UVA clinches series
Cavaliers get quality start from Derek Casey to win third straight
Cavaliers pile up 20 hits to force a Sunday rubber game in the series
Haseley works 6 1/3 inning to earn win and also hits home run, drives in two
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
• Appeared in 32 games with 18 starts (9 LF, 9 DH)
• Nine of his 17 hits went for extra bases (5 2B, 4 HR)
• Was 3-for-4 with two HR, three runs and four RBI in win against Duke (3/25)
• Hit solo home run at Clemson (3/19)
• Doubled, scored two runs and drove in two in win over Rutgers (2/26)
• Hit 3-run home run in seventh inning in comeback win over Kansas (2/19)
• Played in 26 games; started 22 of UVA’s last 23 games in left field, including final 18
• Suffered ankle injury on Feb. 23 against VMI; returned April 6 in pinch-hit appearance against George Washington
• Made first start of season in LF on April 17 vs. UNC; went 1-for-4 with 2-run single
• Drove in three runs against Radford (4/19)
• Was 3-for-8 in two starts in LF in Miami series
• Hit go-ahead, two-run homer in Friday win against Georgia Tech (5/13); also homered in Sunday game
• Hit two-run home run in eighth inning against Virginia Tech (5/20)
• Was 2-for-10 with two doubles, two RBI at ACC tournament
• Played in 23 games, making 15 starts (12 in LF, 3 at DH)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Had seven-game hit streak snapped with pinch-hit appearance against Duke (5/8)
• Had three hits and threw out runner at the plate in win against Miami (4/18)
• Hit first career home run, a 2-run blast in eighth inning, at Georgia Tech (4/12)
• Recorded three hits in his first college game against East Carolina (2/14)
• Came to UVA as infielder, but moved to outfield early in season to help fill void there
GREAT BRIDGE HS
• Three-time all-state honoree
• Named to MaxPreps Underclass All-America Team three times
• Four-time all-district and three-time all-region honoree
• Earned second-team all-district honors in 2014 despite missing part of season with broken hand
• Played with former UVA teammate Connor Jones at Great Bridge; team won 2011 state championship
• Coached by Sean Townsend
• Played travel team baseball with EvoShield Canes
• Parents are Jim and Sarah Cody
• Has two brothers, Patrick and Jimmy, both of whom went on to play college baseball - Patrick played at Gettysburg College and Jimmy at Muhlenberg College
Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores