Coman, Doyle and Harrington earn academic honors from ACC
Haseley hits go-ahead homer in 10th inning as UVA clinches series
Simmons drives in four, while Smith goes 4-for-5
Cavaliers win fifth straight and record first ACC sweep
Smith and Haseley combine for three homers, 10 RBI in big Tuesday win
• Pitched in 18 games, including a pair of midweek starts
• Opponents batted .160 against him
• Recorded 38 strikeouts in 37 1/3 innings
• Worked more than one inning in 12 of his 18 outings
• Fired 4 2/3 hitless innings of relief in NCAA Regional against Dallas Baptist (6/5), a career-long outing
• Worked perfect eighth inning in ACC tournament win over Clemson (5/26)
• Picked up win over VCU with a 1 2/3 scoreless innings of relief (4/11)
• Started against Old Dominion and worked 3 1/3 innings to notch win (4/4)
• Made first college start against Towson and worked three scoreless innings to earn win (3/22)
• Did not allow a run in first eight appearances (14 1/3 innings)
• Pitched in 11 games out of bullpen
• Worked 1 2/3 scoreless innings at Louisville in first ACC action (3/27)
• Fired season-high two innings against VCU (4/20)
• Earned first win in relief outing in Game 2 of DH at Pitt (4/30)
PATRICK HENRY HS
• 2015 Conference 16 Player of Year
• Named 2015 Second-Team All-State 5A as pitcher
• Earned First-Team All-5A North Region and Second-Team All-Metro honors as pitcher in 2015
• First-team all-conference honoree as pitcher and second-team selection at shortstop as senior
• Was three-time all-conference honoree at shortstop (2013, 2014, 2015)
• Recorded 82 strikeouts, 1.08 ERA and just nine walks in 52 innings during senior season
• Fired three shutouts, including a no-hitter against Mills Godwin HS, during his senior year
• Named MVP of 2015 Conference 16 Tournament (pitched eight-inning shutout in championship game and batted .571 in tournament)
• Two-time team captain
• Coached by Sammy Hart
• Also played varsity football for three years (quarterback and wide receiver)
• Was Second-Team All-Conference 16 selection at wide receiver his junior year
• Member of Honor Roll, National Honor Society, BETA Club and Varsity Club
• Played travel team baseball with Virginia Cardinals
• Parents are Mark and Julie Harrington
• Has one sister, Logan, who runs cross country and track and Christopher Newport University
• Father played football at Slippery Rock
Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.Billiard's Return Energizes CavaliersWomen's Volleyball11/14/17Virginia has won three of its past six matches with freshman Sarah Billiard in the lineup. Billiard missed 10 matches while recovering from a knee injury.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores