Coman, Doyle and Harrington earn academic honors from ACC
Haseley hits go-ahead homer in 10th inning as UVA clinches series
Simmons drives in four, while Smith goes 4-for-5
Cavaliers win fifth straight and record first ACC sweep
Smith and Haseley combine for three homers, 10 RBI in big Tuesday win
• Pitched in 18 games, including a pair of midweek starts
• Opponents batted .160 against him
• Recorded 38 strikeouts in 37 1/3 innings
• Worked more than one inning in 12 of his 18 outings
• Fired 4 2/3 hitless innings of relief in NCAA Regional against Dallas Baptist (6/5), a career-long outing
• Worked perfect eighth inning in ACC tournament win over Clemson (5/26)
• Picked up win over VCU with a 1 2/3 scoreless innings of relief (4/11)
• Started against Old Dominion and worked 3 1/3 innings to notch win (4/4)
• Made first college start against Towson and worked three scoreless innings to earn win (3/22)
• Did not allow a run in first eight appearances (14 1/3 innings)
• Pitched in 11 games out of bullpen
• Worked 1 2/3 scoreless innings at Louisville in first ACC action (3/27)
• Fired season-high two innings against VCU (4/20)
• Earned first win in relief outing in Game 2 of DH at Pitt (4/30)
PATRICK HENRY HS
• 2015 Conference 16 Player of Year
• Named 2015 Second-Team All-State 5A as pitcher
• Earned First-Team All-5A North Region and Second-Team All-Metro honors as pitcher in 2015
• First-team all-conference honoree as pitcher and second-team selection at shortstop as senior
• Was three-time all-conference honoree at shortstop (2013, 2014, 2015)
• Recorded 82 strikeouts, 1.08 ERA and just nine walks in 52 innings during senior season
• Fired three shutouts, including a no-hitter against Mills Godwin HS, during his senior year
• Named MVP of 2015 Conference 16 Tournament (pitched eight-inning shutout in championship game and batted .571 in tournament)
• Two-time team captain
• Coached by Sammy Hart
• Also played varsity football for three years (quarterback and wide receiver)
• Was Second-Team All-Conference 16 selection at wide receiver his junior year
• Member of Honor Roll, National Honor Society, BETA Club and Varsity Club
• Played travel team baseball with Virginia Cardinals
• Parents are Mark and Julie Harrington
• Has one sister, Logan, who runs cross country and track and Christopher Newport University
• Father played football at Slippery Rock
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Evens Series Behind Strong Pitching
Baseball | 4/21/2018
Daniel Lynch and reliever Bennett Sousa shut down Louisville over the final six innings in a 5-4...
Louisville Takes Opener With Late Rally
Baseball | 4/20/2018
Danny Oriente doubled in two runs in the eighth inning to help, Louisville prevail, 5-4 over...
Virginia Travels to Louisville for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 4/19/2018
Virginia will continue its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this weekend with a three-game road...
Virginia Powers Past Liberty, 14-3
Baseball | 4/18/2018
A four-run second inning and a five-run seventh aided Virginia to an 14-3 victory over Liberty.
Virginia Walks-off against GW in 12th
Baseball | 4/17/2018
Brendan Rivoli doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 12th inning in a 3-2 midweek win.
Virginia Baseball Signs John “Parker” Staples
Baseball | 4/16/2018
Virginia head baseball coach Brian O’Connor announced the signing of nine-year-old John ...
Pair of Midweeks Close Out Virginia Home Stand
Baseball | 04/16/2018
Virginia hosts George Washington on Tuesday and Liberty on Wednesday to conclude home stand.
No. 22 UNC Sweeps DH to Clinch Series
Baseball | 04/14/2018
North Carolina clinched its third-straight ACC series with a 12-5 victory over Virginia in the...
- Online Stores