Coman, Doyle and Harrington earn academic honors from ACC
Casey works seven strong innings as UVA moves on to face TCU/CCSU winner
Cavaliers score eight runs in first inning and get seven strong innings from Daniel Lynch
Haseley and Smith earn first-team honors
Cavaliers win sixth straight ACC series
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
Baseball vs. Miami (By Kelsey Grant)
College World Series Finals Game 2 (by Matt Riley)
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt- College World Series Game 3
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt- College World Series Game 2
• Played in 168 games (144 starts) during his five-year UVA career
• Earned bachelor's degree in economics in spring 2016 and master's in higher education administration in 2017
• 2017 Third-Team All-ACC honoree (C)
• Named to Johnny Bench Award Watch List
• Started 52 games (22 C, 7 1B, 23 DH)
• Recorded his best season in a UVA uniform, with career highs in batting (.347), hits (69), doubles (14), homers (5) and RBI (40)
• Ranked 10th in ACC in batting (.347)
• Batted in four games and pitched in two games
• Missed majority of season after suffering elbow injury while pitching on Feb. 28 vs. East Carolina
• Had hits in three of the four games in which he batted
• Played in 58 games with 55 starts (25 at catcher, 13 at DH, 17 at first base)
• Batted team-best .347 in ACC games (ninth among all ACC players)
• Batted .333 (43-for-132) over last 35 games after return from facial injury
• Started at DH in 11 of UVa’s 12 NCAA tournament games
• Was 3-for-8 in NCAA Super Regional
• Hit sacrifice fly to score lone run of game in 1-0 College World Series win over Florida (6/15)
• His RBI groundout snapped a scoreless tie in UVa’s win over USC to open NCAA tournament (5/29)
• Was 7-for-36 in 11 games in NCAA tournament
• Was 5-for-12 (.417) at ACC tournament
• Started 21 straight games behind the plate prior to start at first base on May 23 in ACC tournament (stretch started in UVa’s final game of Georgia Tech series)
• Missed eight games in late Feburary/early March with knee injury; also missed the April 8 game vs. VMI after taking a grounder to the face during batting practice
• Played in 45 games, with 28 starts
• Had hits in 21 of 28 starts
• Started second game of each weekend series
• Batted .294 (5-for-17) with four runs in NCAA tournament and was 4-for-10 in College World Series
• Hit go-ahead 2-run single in College World Series in fourth inning against Ole Miss (6/21)
• Was 5-for-8 in Wake Forest series
• Hit first college home run in win over Richmond (4/24)
• Went 2-for-7 in Clemson series; scored Game 3's only run
• Was 2-for-7 with two RBI in Virginia Tech series
• Started all three games of Miami series (2-for-10)
• Drove in career-best four runs, three off a bases-clearing double, in win over Princeton (3/20)
• Played in nine games, with five starts
• Missed first 19 games with injury
• Returned March 19 and doubled in run in first at bat
• Three of his four hits were doubles
• Earned first ACC start in second game of DH at Virginia Tech (4/27); went 1-for-3 with double, RBI
• Made first career start March 20 vs. Yale; also started April 23 against Richmond and March 27 vs. Towson
PARK VISTA HS
• Three-time all-conference honoree (2010-12)
• Posted career batting average of .344 with 95 hits
• Named second-team all-county by Sun Sentinel his sophomore, junior and senior years
• Named second-team all-county by Palm Beach Post in 2012
• Earned team's Heart and Hustle Award in 2011 and Gold Glove Award in 2010
• Was team's Most Valuable Hitter in 2012
• Coached by Larry Greenstein at Park Vista
• Also played golf his senior year (carded a 43 average per nine holes)
• Named a scholar-athlete all four years
• Member of National Honor Society and Mu Alpha Theta
• Played travel team baseball with Palm Beach Police Athletic League
• Parents are Bob and Kim Coman
• Father played golf at Rollins College
• Has two sisters, Katherine and Kristina
Dreams Coming True for Opoku at UVAMen's Soccer9/22/17Edward Opoku, a native of Ghana, is the leading scorer for No. 9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 North Carolina on Friday night at Klöckner Stadium.Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces 2017 Fall Baseball Schedule
Baseball | 9/14/2017
UVA plays a home exhibition against the Ontario Blue Jays on Oct. 12, and travels to Cary, N.C., ...
Artie Lewicki to Make MLB Debut Monday with Tigers
Baseball | 9/3/2017
Lewicki is the 39th Virginia baseball player to reach Major League Baseball and the 16th Cavalier...
Cavaliers in the Pros: August Update
Baseball | 8/22/2017
Five former Cavaliers are currently playing on first-place teams as MLB heads toward final month ...
Virginia's Summer Baseball Wrapup
Baseball | 8/16/2017
Rising junior Daniel Lynch had a breakout summer while playing for the Orleans Firebirds and was ...
Jeff White: UVA Greats Enjoying Reunion in D.C.
Baseball | 7/28/2017
Ryan Zimmerman and Sean Doolittle, who were teammates at UVA in 2005, now play together on the...
Cavaliers in the Pros: All-Star Break Update
Baseball | 7/12/2017
For the third straight season, 11 former Virginia baseball players have seen time at the Major...
Summer Baseball Update
Baseball | 07/11/2017
Virginia's Bobby Nicholson (NECBL) and Grant Donahue (PGCBL) each were named their respective...
Three Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Baseball | 06/29/2017
Robbie Coman, Tommy Doyle and Chesdin Harrington each were named to the all-academic team for the...
- Online Stores