Cavaliers score eight runs in first inning and get seven strong innings from Daniel Lynch
Hurricanes take opener, 5-1, but UVA rebounds for 13-6 win in nightcap
Lynch scatters six hits in complete-game effort
Simmons drives in four, while Smith goes 4-for-5
Lynch shuts out GW over six innings, while UVA finishes with 15 hits
• Made 14 starts (six in ACC play) and led team with 77 1/3 innings pitched
• Recorded six quality starts
• Worked seven innings of one-run baseball to earn ACC tournament win against Clemson (5/26)
• Pitched first career complete game in win over James Madison (4/19)
• Tossed six scoreless innings and did not issue a walk in earning midweek win over George Washington (4/5)
• Fired 7 2/3 innings of shutout baseball to earn Friday night win at Clemson (3/17)
• Won three straight Friday starts to open the season
• Made 13 appearances (nine starts) and worked 41 innings
• Struck out nine batters in UVA debut (most by a UVA starter in his first game in the O’Connor era)
• Missed start vs. Wake Forest with illness (3/18)
• Worked five shutout innings and retired final 12 batters he faced in first midweek start against Old Dominion (3/30)
• Worked 2 1/3 perfect innings out of bullpen over two appearances in ACC tournament
DOUGLAS FREEMAN HS
• Named Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American
• Was First-Team All-Colonial Conference selection
• Recorded 0.97 ERA his junior year, when he was tabbed a First-Team Class 5A All-State
• Also earned All-Region and All-Metro honors
• Coached by Ray Moore
• Earned Academic All-State honors and was member of National Honor Society
• Played travel team baseball with Richmond Baseball Academy West
• Father is Dan Lynch
• Oldest of three siblings; has one sister, Molly, and one brother, Will
Littlepage Ready to Start Next ChapterGeneral Release11/24/17During Craig Littlepage's 16 years as athletics director, UVA teams have won 13 NCAA championships and 76 ACC titles.Cavaliers Looking to Build MomentumWomen's Basketball11/22/17Virginia (2-3) will play twice this weekend in the Cavalier Classic at John Paul Jones Arena: Saturday against Harvard and Sunday against Duquesne.'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores