Sousa strikes out six in six-out save
Casey pitches complete game shutout in game one
Panthers plate three runs in final turn at the plate
Lynch matches career-high with 11 strikeouts
Lynch fans career-high 11 batters
• Made 14 starts (six in ACC play) and led team with 77 1/3 innings pitched
• Recorded six quality starts
• Worked seven innings of one-run baseball to earn ACC tournament win against Clemson (5/26)
• Pitched first career complete game in win over James Madison (4/19)
• Tossed six scoreless innings and did not issue a walk in earning midweek win over George Washington (4/5)
• Fired 7 2/3 innings of shutout baseball to earn Friday night win at Clemson (3/17)
• Won three straight Friday starts to open the season
• Made 13 appearances (nine starts) and worked 41 innings
• Struck out nine batters in UVA debut (most by a UVA starter in his first game in the O'Connor era)
• Missed start vs. Wake Forest with illness (3/18)
• Worked five shutout innings and retired final 12 batters he faced in first midweek start against Old Dominion (3/30)
• Worked 2 1/3 perfect innings out of bullpen over two appearances in ACC tournament
DOUGLAS FREEMAN HS
• Named Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American
• Was First-Team All-Colonial Conference selection
• Recorded 0.97 ERA his junior year, when he was tabbed a First-Team Class 5A All-State
• Also earned All-Region and All-Metro honors
• Coached by Ray Moore
• Earned Academic All-State honors and was member of National Honor Society
• Played travel team baseball with Richmond Baseball Academy West
• Father is Dan Lynch
• Oldest of three siblings; has one sister, Molly, and one brother, Will
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tuesday's Game vs. ODU Cancelled
Baseball | 4/23/2018
Tuesday's non-conference game against Old Dominion at Harbor Park has been cancelled.
Ninth Inning Rally Clinches Series for Virginia
Baseball | 4/22/2018
Virginia rallied for two runs in the top of the ninth inning to stun Louisville, 2-1.
Virginia Evens Series Behind Strong Pitching
Baseball | 4/21/2018
Daniel Lynch and reliever Bennett Sousa shut down Louisville over the final six innings in a 5-4...
Louisville Takes Opener With Late Rally
Baseball | 4/20/2018
Danny Oriente doubled in two runs in the eighth inning to help, Louisville prevail, 5-4 over...
Virginia Travels to Louisville for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 4/19/2018
Virginia will continue its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this weekend with a three-game road...
Virginia Powers Past Liberty, 14-3
Baseball | 4/18/2018
A four-run second inning and a five-run seventh aided Virginia to an 14-3 victory over Liberty.
Virginia Walks-off against GW in 12th
Baseball | 04/17/2018
Brendan Rivoli doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 12th inning in a 3-2 midweek win.
Virginia Baseball Signs John “Parker” Staples
Baseball | 04/16/2018
Virginia head baseball coach Brian O’Connor announced the signing of nine-year-old John ...
- Online Stores