Cavaliers take series, two games to one
Novak goes 3-for-4 with home run, five RBI in victory
Cavaliers clinch series with two wins on Friday
Cavaliers score most runs in nearly six years
By Jeff White (email@example.com)
Baseball vs. Miami (By Kelsey Grant)
• Worked at least two innings in 10 of his 17 outings
• Worked 3 1/3 scoreless innings out of bullpen to earn win in UVA victory over Wagner (3/9)
• Made first start since 2014 in second game of DH against Wake Forest and matched career high with five innings pitched while striking out career-high six batters (3/18)
• Earned win with three shutout innings in start against GW (4/6)
• Fired scoreless ninth inning to finish off win at Pitt (5/1)
• Pitched in 17 games out of bullpen
• Did not allow an earned run over 6 2/3 innings in three appearances in NCAA tournament
• Pitched against Florida (6/19) and Vanderbilt (6/22) in College World Series (2 2/3 total innings)
• Worked four perfect innings from 7th through 10th to earn win in regional championship game against USC (5/31)
• Notched win in Game 3 at North Carolina with four innings of two-run relief work (5/16)
• Picked up first career save with four-inning outing against Marist (2/21)
• Made 16 appearances, with 15 coming out of bullpen
• Returned to mound May 13 vs. VCU after missing a month with back injury; also pitched to one batter Saturday at Wake Forest (5/17)
• Made first career start against Towson, going four innings without allowing an earned run (3/19)
• Had two scoreless outings in Duke series
• Worked two or more innings in five outings
• Made 20 appearances out of bullpen, spanning 32 2/3 innings
• Worked five scoreless innings out of bullpen, facing minimum of 15 batters, to earn NCAA regional win against Elon (6/2)
• Fired three scoreless innings and allowed just one hit in ACC tournament game against Virginia Tech (5/25)
• Worked 10th and 11th innings at UNC to earn win in Game 3 of series (5/18)
• Had streak of 13 straight scoreless innings snapped at UNC
• Tossed 1 1/3 scoreless innings against Virginia Tech in second game of DH (4/27)
• Pitched three scoreless innings to earn first career win against Richmond (4/23)
• Tossed scoreless inning in game 1 of series against Florida State (4/20)
• Also pitched twice in Clemson series
• Two-time all-state honoree (2010 as pitcher, 2012 as DH)
• Twice named to All-Lehigh Valley Conference team (2011, 2012)
• 2010 and 2012 all-area honoree
• Named team MVP and captain in 2012
• Coached by Matt Garza
• Played travel team baseball with Canes Baseball
• Parents are Ronald and Karen Rosenberger
Cunningham Thriving With Super Bowl ChampsFootball2/23/18Former UVA offensive lineman Ian-Yates Cunningham is the Philadelphia Eagles' director of college scouting.No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earned victory over Georgia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena.New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 18 Virginia hosts Eastern Kentucky in Weekend Series
Baseball | 2/22/2018
No. 18 Virginia (2-2) begins a three-game series with Eastern Kentucky (0-4) on Friday (Feb. 23) ...
Jeff White: New Era Begins for Davenport Field
Baseball | 2/21/2018
The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a...
Big Inning Dooms No. 18 Virginia in Home Opener
Baseball | 2/20/2018
No. 18 Virginia (2-2) set a new home opener attendance record in a 9-4 loss to VMI.
Disharoon Park is now the Home of Virginia Baseball
Baseball | 2/20/2018
The University of Virginia department of athletics and the Virginia Athletics Foundation...
Jeff White: Davenport Field Ready for Unveiling
Baseball | 2/20/2018
No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and...
Baseball Home Opener Start Time Moved to 5 p.m.
Baseball | 2/19/2018
The first pitch for Virginia’s home opener against VMI on Tuesday (Feb.20) has been moved...
Virginia Opens Home Slate Tuesday
Baseball | 02/19/2018
Virginia (2-1) will play its first home game of the season on Tuesday (Feb. 20) against VMI (1-2)...
Sperling's Gem Leads No. 18 Virginia Past Rice
Baseball | 02/18/2018
Junior Evan Sperling (Poquoson, Va.) surrendered one hit and struck out nine batters as No. 18...
- Online Stores