Cavaliers take series, two games to one
Novak goes 3-for-4 with home run, five RBI in victory
Cavaliers clinch series with two wins on Friday
Cavaliers score most runs in nearly six years
By Jeff White (email@example.com)
Baseball vs. Miami (By Kelsey Grant)
• Pitched in 17 games out of bullpen
• Did not allow an earned run over 6 2/3 innings in three appearances in NCAA tournament
• Pitched against Florida (6/19) and Vanderbilt (6/22) in College World Series (2 2/3 total innings)
• Worked four perfect innings from 7th through 10th to earn win in regional championship game against USC (5/31)
• Notched win in Game 3 at North Carolina with four innings of two-run relief work (5/16)
• Picked up first career save with four-inning outing against Marist (2/21)
• Made 16 appearances, with 15 coming out of bullpen
• Returned to mound May 13 vs. VCU after missing a month with back injury; also pitched to one batter Saturday at Wake Forest (5/17)
• Made first career start against Towson, going four innings without allowing an earned run (3/19)
• Had two scoreless outings in Duke series
• Worked two or more innings in five outings
• Made 20 appearances out of bullpen, spanning 32 2/3 innings
• Worked five scoreless innings out of bullpen, facing minimum of 15 batters, to earn NCAA regional win against Elon (6/2)
• Fired three scoreless innings and allowed just one hit in ACC tournament game against Virginia Tech (5/25)
• Worked 10th and 11th innings at UNC to earn win in Game 3 of series (5/18)
• Had streak of 13 straight scoreless innings snapped at UNC
• Tossed 1 1/3 scoreless innings against Virginia Tech in second game of DH (4/27)
• Pitched three scoreless innings to earn first career win against Richmond (4/23)
• Tossed scoreless inning in game 1 of series against Florida State (4/20)
• Also pitched twice in Clemson series
• Two-time all-state honoree (2010 as pitcher, 2012 as DH)
• Twice named to All-Lehigh Valley Conference team (2011, 2012)
• 2010 and 2012 all-area honoree
• Named team MVP and captain in 2012
• Coached by Matt Garza
• Played travel team baseball with Canes Baseball
• Parents are Ronald and Karen Rosenberger
Transfers Eager to Help Lift ProgramFootball5/26/16UVA's football team added three transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared Cohen and defensive end Jack Powers.Cavaliers' Reign Atop NCAA ContinuesMen's Tennis5/25/16With a 4-1 win over Oklahoma on Tuesday night, top-seeded Virginia captured its second straight NCAA men's title and third in four seasons.Mihaljevic's Star Continues to RiseTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/16In junior Filip Mihaljevic, Virginia's track & field team has one of the nation's elite shot putters and discus throwers.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 7 Virginia Falls to No. 12 Clemson, 5-4
Baseball | 5/26/2016
Matt Thaiss and Daniel Pinero each homered and went 2-for-3 for the Cavaliers in the narrow setback.
NCAA Regional, Super Regional Ticket Books On Sale Friday
Baseball | 5/26/2016
Potential Regional would be played June 3-6 at Davenport Field, Super Regional June 10-12 or 11-13.
No. 3 Seed UVA Begins ACC Tournament Thursday
Baseball | 5/25/2016
The No. 3 seed Cavaliers face No. 6 seed Clemson Thursday, No. 10 Wake Forest Friday and No. 2 ...
Four Cavaliers Named to 2016 All-ACC Team
Baseball | 5/23/2016
Connor Jones earned first-team honors at starting pitcher to highlight the Cavaliers’ four ...
ACC Baseball Championship Schedule Announced
Baseball | 5/22/2016
After winning 12 of its final 15 ACC games, UVA ascended to the No. 3 seed and will play Clemson ...
No. 8 Virginia Sweeps Virginia Tech with 4-1 Win
Baseball | 5/21/2016
Haseley (8-3) tossed his first career complete game, allowing just an unearned run and two hits...
Jeff White: Power Surge Contributing to Success
Baseball | 05/21/2016
Timely home runs helped No. 8 Virginia win the first two games of its series with ACC rival...
No. 8 Virginia Walks Off with 7-6 Win over Virginia Tech
Baseball | 05/20/2016
Jack Gerstenmaier drew a bases-loaded walk in the ninth inning as Virginia walked off with the...
- Online Stores