Casey works seven strong innings as UVA moves on to face TCU/CCSU winner
Cavaliers reach 40-win plateau for 11th time in last 14 seasons
Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
Novak hits game-winning single in bottom of ninth inning
Cavaliers rack up 17 hits in series-opening win
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
• Made 14 starts, including five in ACC play
• Worked seven innings of three-run baseball and did not issue a walk to earn win in his NCAA regional start against Dallas Baptist (6/3)
• Pitched 5 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs, in ACC tournament start against Duke (5/25)
• Matched career high by pitching seven innings in last regular-season start against Georgia Tech, earning the win (3ER, 3 H, 3 BB, 8 K)
• Also worked seven innings in his first ACC start in win over Pitt (4/7)
• Struck out career-high 10 batters in 6 1/3 innings in no-decision at VCU (3/29)
• Allowed two runs or fewer in each of his first seven starts
• Sat out season after undergoing elbow surgery late in the 2015 season
• Pitched in 10 games, including six midweek starts
• Made midweek start for five straight weeks from March 25 to April 21, with UVA earning wins in all of them
• Left April 21 game vs. Longwood after 2 2/3 innings with injury and did not pitch again in 2015
• Earned first college win on March 25 at Liberty
• Worked seven-plus innings of one-run baseball in win in hometown of Richmond on March 31 at VCU
• Made UVA debut on Feb. 14 out of bullpen at East Carolina
• Selected by St. Louis in 22nd round of 2014 MLB Draft
• 2014 Virginia Player of the Year
• Named 2014 Second-Team High School All-American by Perfect Game
• Named to MaxPreps 2014 Medium Schools All-America Team
• Went 27-0 with 0.51 ERA during his high-school career
• Led team to 2013 and 2014 Virginia state championships
• 2014 All-Metro Player of the Year; two-time All-Metro selection
• Coached by Charlie Dragum
• Played travel team baseball with EvoShield Canes
• Parents are Dale and Pia Casey
• Has one sister, Emma
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
Orange & Blue World Series Starts Thursday
Baseball | 10/18/2017
The Orange and Blue World Series consists of seven games, beginning Thursday (Oct. 19) and...
Virginia Opens Fall Exhibition Schedule Thursday
Baseball | 10/11/2017
Virginia hosts the Ontario Blue Jays at 3 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 12) and plays Davidson in Cary, N.C...
Virginia Baseball Announces 2018 Schedule
Baseball | 10/5/2017
UVA will play 35 games at the newly-renovated Davenport Field, including ACC series with BC,...
Jeff White: Transformation Under Way at Davenport Field
Baseball | 9/27/2017
A major renovation of Davenport Field began in June and is scheduled to be completed before UVA's...
Virginia Announces 2017 Fall Baseball Schedule
Baseball | 9/14/2017
UVA plays a home exhibition against the Ontario Blue Jays on Oct. 12, and travels to Cary, N.C., ...
Artie Lewicki to Make MLB Debut Monday with Tigers
Baseball | 09/03/2017
Lewicki is the 39th Virginia baseball player to reach Major League Baseball and the 16th Cavalier...
Cavaliers in the Pros: August Update
Baseball | 08/22/2017
Five former Cavaliers are currently playing on first-place teams as MLB heads toward final month ...
- Online Stores