Cavaliers score eight runs in first inning and get seven strong innings from Daniel Lynch
Haseley and Smith earn first-team honors
Cavaliers win sixth straight ACC series
Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
Hurricanes take opener, 5-1, but UVA rebounds for 13-6 win in nightcap
Virginia took on Vanderbilt in game three of the College World Series Finals.
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt (CWS Game 2 - 06/23/15)
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt in the CWS Finals
The Virginia Cavaliers vs. Florida Gators in the College World Series on June 6, 2015.
Virginia takes on Florida at the College World Series
• Third-Team All-ACC selection at second base
• Played in all 60 games (45 starts at 2B, 15 in CF); hit in leadoff slot in last 18 games (first 42 in 2-hole)
• Third in ACC in hits (92) and runs (62), 14th in batting (.351)
• Ranks third in UVA history in single-season hits and fifth in single-season runs
• Struck out 12 times in 262 AB; ranked fourth toughest to strike out nationally (1 every 21.8 AB)
• Ranks 16th nationally in hits, 17th in sac bunts (14) and 18th in runs
• Recorded four hit streaks of eight games or more
• Had career-long 12-game hit streak snapped April 24 and 11-game streak broken May 21
• Second on team with 26 multiple-hit games (12 in 62 games in 2015)
• Reached 50 hits in 33 games (fastest at UVA since Phil Gosselin did it in 31 games in 2010)
• Went 5-for-12 in Duke series
• Was 5-for-14 with pair of doubles in Boston College series
• Went 5-for-13 in North Carolina series
• Was 6-for-14 with four runs in Pitt series
• Went 5-for-15 with four runs in Georgia Tech series
• Was 6-for-15 (.400) with home run, four RBI in NCAA regional
• Played in 62 games and started 61 (22 CF, 39 2B)
• Named to All-College World Series Team
• Ranked fifth toughest nationally to strike out (12 K in 260 PA; 1 K per 19.1 AB)
• Batted .292 (7-for-24) in CWS (second best on team)
• Recorded the go-ahead hit in three of UVa’s 10 NCAA tournament wins (11-for-42 with seven RBI in tournament)
• Went 3-for-4 and drove in eventual game-winning run with sixth-inning single in Game 2 of CWS Finals (6/23)
• Hit 2-run walk-off single in Game 2 of NCAA Super Regional against Maryland to send Virginia to College World Series (6/6)
• Had two key hits in NCAA Regional: 2-run double in ninth inning vs. USC in opener (5/29) and go-ahead RBI single in eighth inning vs. San Diego State (5/30)
• Led team with 11 HBP and second with nine sacrifice bunts
• Recorded four hits in win over Marist (2/22)
• Homered to lead off La Salle game (2/21)
• Missed his first game April 15 vs. William & Mary because of hamstring injury and was out for seven games
• Started first 21 games of season in center field
• Excelled in baseball and hockey during high school career
• Three-time All-New York State Team, All-Conference and All-Greater Rochester
• Twice named Rochester City Athletic Conference Player of the Year; named league MVP his junior and senior seasons
• Holds school's career records for plate appearances (329), batting average (.464), singles (87), doubles (34) and stolen bases (38); also holds single-season record for batting average (.560) and runs scored (28)
• Two-time team MVP
• Coached by Jason Wasserman
• Also played four years of hockey and one year of soccer
• Was two-time Bowman Cup Team Selection (best hockey players from Rochester and Buffalo areas)
• Led his team in scoring his last two seasons and led league in scoring his senior year while earning All-Greater Rochester honors his senior season
• Awarded the Hopps Senior Male Athletic Achievement Award (awarded to high school senior male who demonstrates athletic ability, good character and sportsmanship)
• Played travel team baseball with East Coast Grays
• Parents are Peter and Julie Clement
• Has two sisters, Glennie and Ellie
• Father played rugby at St. Lawrence University, while mother played soccer at Babson College
• Cousin, Abby Clement, ran track at UVA
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Uses Big First Inning to Cruise Past Clemson, 10-2
Baseball | 5/26/2017
Virginia scored eight runs in the first inning and rolled to the win behind seven strong innings ...
Virginia Falls to Duke in ACC Pool Play, 4-3
Baseball | 5/25/2017
Virginia concludes pool play at noon Friday against Clemson at UofL's Jim Patterson Stadium.
Virginia's ACC Tournament Schedule Altered
Baseball | 5/24/2017
Virginia will play Duke at 3 p.m. Thursday at Louisville Slugger Field and Clemson at noon Friday...
No. 10 Virginia Opens ACC Tournament Play Thursday
Baseball | 5/24/2017
The fourth-seeded Cavaliers play No. 9 seed Duke Thursday and No. 5 seed Clemson Friday in...
McCarthy Named to Collegiate National Team
Baseball | 5/24/2017
Virginia sophomore outfielder Jake McCarthy has received and accepted an invitation to compete on...
Six Cavaliers Named to 2017 All-ACC Team
Baseball | 5/22/2017
First-team honorees Adam Haseley and Pavin Smith highlighted six Cavaliers on the 2017 All-ACC Team.
McCarthy Named ACC Player of Week
Baseball | 05/22/2017
McCarthy had a big week, going 12-for-21 (.571) with a home run and six RBI while recording four ...
ACC Baseball Championship Schedule Announced
Baseball | 05/21/2017
Virginia plays Duke at 11 a.m. Thursday and Clemson at 11 a.m. Friday in Louisville, Ky.
- Online Stores