Cavaliers pile up 20 hits to force a Sunday rubber game in the series
Cavaliers limit Tigers to two hits to complete midweek series sweep
Casey tosses six strong innings in series-opening win
Casey, Bettinger and Wilson combine on three-hitter
Tar Heels take the series, two games to one
Virginia took on Vanderbilt in game three of the College World Series Finals.
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt (CWS Game 2 - 06/23/15)
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt in the CWS Finals
The Virginia Cavaliers vs. Florida Gators in the College World Series on June 6, 2015.
Virginia takes on Florida at the College World Series
• Third-Team All-ACC selection at second base
• Played in all 60 games (45 starts at 2B, 15 in CF); hit in leadoff slot in last 18 games (first 42 in 2-hole)
• Third in ACC in hits (92) and runs (62), 14th in batting (.351)
• Ranks third in UVA history in single-season hits and fifth in single-season runs
• Struck out 12 times in 262 AB; ranked fourth toughest to strike out nationally (1 every 21.8 AB)
• Ranks 16th nationally in hits, 17th in sac bunts (14) and 18th in runs
• Recorded four hit streaks of eight games or more
• Had career-long 12-game hit streak snapped April 24 and 11-game streak broken May 21
• Second on team with 26 multiple-hit games (12 in 62 games in 2015)
• Reached 50 hits in 33 games (fastest at UVA since Phil Gosselin did it in 31 games in 2010)
• Went 5-for-12 in Duke series
• Was 5-for-14 with pair of doubles in Boston College series
• Went 5-for-13 in North Carolina series
• Was 6-for-14 with four runs in Pitt series
• Went 5-for-15 with four runs in Georgia Tech series
• Was 6-for-15 (.400) with home run, four RBI in NCAA regional
• Played in 62 games and started 61 (22 CF, 39 2B)
• Named to All-College World Series Team
• Ranked fifth toughest nationally to strike out (12 K in 260 PA; 1 K per 19.1 AB)
• Batted .292 (7-for-24) in CWS (second best on team)
• Recorded the go-ahead hit in three of UVa’s 10 NCAA tournament wins (11-for-42 with seven RBI in tournament)
• Went 3-for-4 and drove in eventual game-winning run with sixth-inning single in Game 2 of CWS Finals (6/23)
• Hit 2-run walk-off single in Game 2 of NCAA Super Regional against Maryland to send Virginia to College World Series (6/6)
• Had two key hits in NCAA Regional: 2-run double in ninth inning vs. USC in opener (5/29) and go-ahead RBI single in eighth inning vs. San Diego State (5/30)
• Led team with 11 HBP and second with nine sacrifice bunts
• Recorded four hits in win over Marist (2/22)
• Homered to lead off La Salle game (2/21)
• Missed his first game April 15 vs. William & Mary because of hamstring injury and was out for seven games
• Started first 21 games of season in center field
• Excelled in baseball and hockey during high school career
• Three-time All-New York State Team, All-Conference and All-Greater Rochester
• Twice named Rochester City Athletic Conference Player of the Year; named league MVP his junior and senior seasons
• Holds school's career records for plate appearances (329), batting average (.464), singles (87), doubles (34) and stolen bases (38); also holds single-season record for batting average (.560) and runs scored (28)
• Two-time team MVP
• Coached by Jason Wasserman
• Also played four years of hockey and one year of soccer
• Was two-time Bowman Cup Team Selection (best hockey players from Rochester and Buffalo areas)
• Led his team in scoring his last two seasons and led league in scoring his senior year while earning All-Greater Rochester honors his senior season
• Awarded the Hopps Senior Male Athletic Achievement Award (awarded to high school senior male who demonstrates athletic ability, good character and sportsmanship)
• Played travel team baseball with East Coast Grays
• Parents are Peter and Julie Clement
• Has two sisters, Glennie and Ellie
• Father played rugby at St. Lawrence University, while mother played soccer at Babson College
• Cousin, Abby Clement, ran track at UVA
Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 16 Virginia Heads to VCU for 7 p.m. Wednesday Game
Baseball | 3/28/2017
Virginia-VCU Game Moved to Wednesday Night
Baseball | 3/27/2017
The Tuesday game between Virginia and VCU at The Diamond in Richmond has been rescheduled for 7 p...
No. 16 Virginia Tops Duke, 13-6, to Win Series
Baseball | 3/26/2017
After absorbing a big loss in the series opener Friday, the Cavaliers rebounded for 26 runs and...
No. 16 Virginia Powers Past Duke, 13-6
Baseball | 3/25/2017
The Cavaliers evened the series at a game apiece, with the rubber game slated for 1 p.m. Sunday.
No. 16 Virginia Drops Opener to Duke
Baseball | 3/24/2017
Virginia fell to 17-6 on the year, including a 2-5 mark in ACC play, with the loss.
No. 16 UVA Welcomes Duke for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Game 1 is slated for 4 p.m. Friday, with 1 p.m. contests on Saturday and Sunday to follow.
Jeff White: Weber Hitting Right Notes on Diamond
Baseball | 03/23/2017
Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this...
No. 16 Virginia Baseball Topples Towson, 8-4
Baseball | 03/22/2017
Eight Virginia pitchers combined to limit Towson to two hits in the win as the Cavaliers improved...
- Online Stores