Cavaliers conclude non-conference slate, head to Wake Forest Thursday
Virginia improves to 11-4 at home this season
Virginia pitchers toss sixth no-hitter in program history
Virginia scores season-high, 13 runs in series finale
Cavaliers finish with 14-0 record in midweek games
• Made 12 appearances out of bullpen
• Worked career-high 3 1/3 scoreless innings against Miami (5/13)
• Did not allow an earned run in six straight outings (8 1/3 IP) from April 7-May 16
• Tossed two scoreless innings in ACC win over Pitt (4/7)
• Struck out career-high five batters over two innings against Towson (3/22)
• After giving up four earned runs in first outing, he allowed only two earned runs over his last 11 appearances
• Made one appearance out of bullpen, pitching against Wagner (March 9)
STEPHEN DECATUR HS
• Four-time All-Bayside Conference honoree, including three-time first-team selection
• Named First-Team Maryland District 8 his junior and senior seasons
• Earned selection to Brooks Robinson Memorial All-Star East Team in 2015
• Selected as Bayside Conference Senior All-Star Game MVP (Pitcher) in 2015
• Was his conference's Pitcher of the Year in 2014 when he was 6-1 with 0.77 ERA
• Was 19-4 with 197 strikeouts during his four-year varsity career
• Fired no-hitter during sophomore season in 2013
• Coached by Rich Ferro at Decatur HS
• Four-time Minds in Motion Scholar-Athlete
• Played travel team baseball with EvoShield Canes
• Parents are Mike and Denise Donahue
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Dominant Pitching Helps Virginia End on High Note
Baseball | 5/24/2018
Virginia concluded pool play at the ACC Championship with a 4-2 victory over third-seeded NC...
Jeff White: Lynch Shines Again in His Season Finale
Baseball | 5/23/2018
In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday...
Virginia Falls to No. 9 Florida State in Extra Innings
Baseball | 5/22/2018
No. 9 Florida State prevailed, 3-2 in the bottom of the 11th inning with a walk-off single at the...
Virginia Begins ACC Tournament Play Tuesday
Baseball | 5/21/2018
No. 10 seed Virginia will begin its play in the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship on Tuesday
Four Cavaliers Earn All-ACC Accolades
Baseball | 5/21/2018
Second baseman Andy Weber earned First Team All-ACC honors for the first time in his career.
Dates, Times Announced For ACC Baseball Championship
Baseball | 5/20/2018
Virginia will begin play in the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship on Tuesday (May 22).
Wake Forest Outlasts Virginia in Regular Season Finale
Baseball | 05/19/2018
Wake Forest scored runs in all but one turn at the plate in a 18-12 victory over Virginia.
Virginia Evens Series at Wake Forest
Baseball | 05/18/2018
Virginia scored a season-high 15 runs, including nine in the ninth to even the series at Wake...
- Online Stores