Cavaliers finish with 14-0 record in midweek games
Hurricanes take opener, 5-1, but UVA rebounds for 13-6 win in nightcap
Derek Casey works seven strong innings, while offense collects 17 hits
Cavaliers limit Tigers to two hits to complete midweek series sweep
Cavaliers score most runs in nearly six years
• Made 12 appearances out of bullpen
• Worked career-high 3 1/3 scoreless innings against Miami (5/13)
• Did not allow an earned run in six straight outings (8 1/3 IP) from April 7-May 16
• Tossed two scoreless innings in ACC win over Pitt (4/7)
• Struck out career-high five batters over two innings against Towson (3/22)
• After giving up four earned runs in first outing, he allowed only two earned runs over his last 11 appearances
• Made one appearance out of bullpen, pitching against Wagner (March 9)
STEPHEN DECATUR HS
• Four-time All-Bayside Conference honoree, including three-time first-team selection
• Named First-Team Maryland District 8 his junior and senior seasons
• Earned selection to Brooks Robinson Memorial All-Star East Team in 2015
• Selected as Bayside Conference Senior All-Star Game MVP (Pitcher) in 2015
• Was his conference’s Pitcher of the Year in 2014 when he was 6-1 with 0.77 ERA
• Was 19-4 with 197 strikeouts during his four-year varsity career
• Fired no-hitter during sophomore season in 2013
• Coached by Rich Ferro at Decatur HS
• Four-time Minds in Motion Scholar-Athlete
• Played travel team baseball with EvoShield Canes
• Parents are Mike and Denise Donahue
Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores