Virginia pitchers toss sixth no-hitter in program history
Virginia scores season-high, 13 runs in series finale
Cavaliers finish with 14-0 record in midweek games
Hurricanes take opener, 5-1, but UVA rebounds for 13-6 win in nightcap
Derek Casey works seven strong innings, while offense collects 17 hits
• Made 12 appearances out of bullpen
• Worked career-high 3 1/3 scoreless innings against Miami (5/13)
• Did not allow an earned run in six straight outings (8 1/3 IP) from April 7-May 16
• Tossed two scoreless innings in ACC win over Pitt (4/7)
• Struck out career-high five batters over two innings against Towson (3/22)
• After giving up four earned runs in first outing, he allowed only two earned runs over his last 11 appearances
• Made one appearance out of bullpen, pitching against Wagner (March 9)
STEPHEN DECATUR HS
• Four-time All-Bayside Conference honoree, including three-time first-team selection
• Named First-Team Maryland District 8 his junior and senior seasons
• Earned selection to Brooks Robinson Memorial All-Star East Team in 2015
• Selected as Bayside Conference Senior All-Star Game MVP (Pitcher) in 2015
• Was his conference's Pitcher of the Year in 2014 when he was 6-1 with 0.77 ERA
• Was 19-4 with 197 strikeouts during his four-year varsity career
• Fired no-hitter during sophomore season in 2013
• Coached by Rich Ferro at Decatur HS
• Four-time Minds in Motion Scholar-Athlete
• Played travel team baseball with EvoShield Canes
• Parents are Mike and Denise Donahue
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia-Towson Midweek Series Cancelled
Baseball | 3/20/2018
The Virginia-Towson midweek baseball series, scheduled to take place on Tuesday (March 20) and...
No. 21 Virginia Clinches Series in Walk-off Fashion
Baseball | 3/18/2018
Virginia scored three runs in the bottom of the 10th inning as part of a 10-9 series-clinching...
Cavaliers Even Series with Boston College
Baseball | 3/17/2018
A five-run, seventh inning and a career day from Daniel Lynch helped Virginia to even the series ...
Game Two Start Time Moved to 3:30 p.m.
Baseball | 3/17/2018
The first pitch of Saturday’s (March 17) ACC game against Boston College has been moved to ...
No. 21 Virginia Drops Series Opener to BC
Baseball | 3/16/2018
Boston College scored five of the game’s last six runs in a 6-2 series opening victory over...
ACC Play Resumes for No. 21 Virginia
Baseball | 3/15/2018
No. 21 Virginia will play its first home ACC series this weekend when it hosts BC at Disharoon...
No. 24 Virginia Hosts Towson in Midweek Series
Baseball | 03/19/2018
No. 24 Virginia will host Towson in a two-game midweek series beginning on Tuesday and concluding...
No. 21 Virginia Walks Off Against JMU
Baseball | 03/14/2018
Tanner Morris delivered a bases loaded sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning in a 3-2...
- Online Stores