Virginia 17, William & Mary 4
Virginia 17, William & Mary 4
Cavaliers rack up 20 hits in win over William & Mary
O’Connor becomes winningest coach in program history with 595th career win
Cavaliers win for 11th time in last 12 games
Baseball vs. Miami (By Kelsey Grant)
• Played in 35 games, making 20 starts
• Played in 27 of UVA’s last 36 games
• Pinch hit in 11 games this season (4-for-10 as PH)
• Made first start on March 27 at DH against Louisville and went 1-for-4
• Hit two-run double that provided final winning margin against NC State (4/2)
• Drew walk-off walk in 7-6 win over Virginia Tech (5/20)
• Hit two-run single in ACC tournament win against Louisville (5/28)
• Batted team-high .545 (6-for-11) with HR, four RBI in NCAA regional
• Played in 12 games, including 11 starts (6 2B, 5 DH)
• Recorded hits in eight of his 12 games
• Made UVA debut April 15 against William & Mary after injuring his hamstring and undergoing surgery in September
• Hit RBI single in pinch-hit appearance in ninth inning of CWS Finals vs. Vanderbilt (Game 1, 6/22)
• Picked up single during his first NCAA tournament game against USC (5/29)
• Hit RBI single in ACC win at North Carolina (5/15)
• Hit by pitch to drive in go-ahead run in win against Miami (4/20)
• Went 2-for-4 with pair of RBI i against Miami (4/19)
• Went 3-for-4 in college debut against William & Mary
DOUGLAS FREEMAN HS
• Made Perfect Game Collegiate All-Star Team in summer 2014 as rising college freshman; played with Newark Pilots
• Was 2014 First-Team All-State honoree and led team to state championship game
• Batted .362 with three home runs, 18 RBI, 26 runs and 22 stolen bases in 2014
• Four-time All-Conference 11 honoree, including first-team selections his junior and senior years
• Two-time All-Region selection
• Named 2014 Conference 11 Player of the Year
• Four-time Academic All-Conference honoree
• Member of 2013 team the reached state semifinals before falling to Great Bridge HS (and current UVa teammates Connor Jones and Charlie Cody)
• Played football his senior season and played running back (6 TDs) and defensive back (1 INT)
• Also played two years of basketball
• Recipient of 2014 Matt Davis Foundation Scholarship (awarded on academics, character and sportsmanship)
• Played travel team baseball with EvoShield Canes
• Parents are Dave Gerstenmaier and Jennie Holsinger
• Has one brother, Chip
Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.Cross Training for Heavier WorkloadFootball9/15/17Redshirt freshman De'Vante Cross, who expected to play quarterback and receiver for Virginia this fall, is now practicing at cornerback, too.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces 2017 Fall Baseball Schedule
Baseball | 9/14/2017
UVA plays a home exhibition against the Ontario Blue Jays on Oct. 12, and travels to Cary, N.C., ...
Artie Lewicki to Make MLB Debut Monday with Tigers
Baseball | 9/3/2017
Lewicki is the 39th Virginia baseball player to reach Major League Baseball and the 16th Cavalier...
Cavaliers in the Pros: August Update
Baseball | 8/22/2017
Five former Cavaliers are currently playing on first-place teams as MLB heads toward final month ...
Virginia's Summer Baseball Wrapup
Baseball | 8/16/2017
Rising junior Daniel Lynch had a breakout summer while playing for the Orleans Firebirds and was ...
Jeff White: UVA Greats Enjoying Reunion in D.C.
Baseball | 7/28/2017
Ryan Zimmerman and Sean Doolittle, who were teammates at UVA in 2005, now play together on the...
Cavaliers in the Pros: All-Star Break Update
Baseball | 7/12/2017
For the third straight season, 11 former Virginia baseball players have seen time at the Major...
Summer Baseball Update
Baseball | 07/11/2017
Virginia's Bobby Nicholson (NECBL) and Grant Donahue (PGCBL) each were named their respective...
Three Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Baseball | 06/29/2017
Robbie Coman, Tommy Doyle and Chesdin Harrington each were named to the all-academic team for the...
- Online Stores