Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
UVA limits Lancers to two hits, strikes out 14
Smith and Haseley combine for three homers, 10 RBI in big Tuesday win
Cavaliers outscore Rutgers 37-9 in series
Haseley works career-best 7 1/3 innings as UVA opens midweek series with win
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
• Pitched in 15 games
• Worked in 46 career games, including 44 out of bullpen
• Fired two scoreless innings at Clemson (3/18)
• Made 15 appearances (all in relief)
• Struck out 24 batters in 19 1/3 innings
• Worked 1 1/3 innings of relief against Wake Forest in ACC tournament (5/27)
• Made 16 appearances, including 14 out of bullpen
• Made starts against VMI (4/1) and Richmond (5/12)
• Fired four innings of one run baseball and struck out eight against Cornell (March 1)
• Earned win in college debut on Feb. 14 at East Carolina with four innings of one-run relief
• Redshirt season
JAMES RIVER HIGH SCHOOL
• Named Louisville Slugger All-American his senior year
• Went 7-1 with 0.80 ERA in 11 games during his senior year; struck out 84 in 61 innings
• Named Central Region Player of Year and Second-Team All-State as senior
• Was Co-Player of Year for Dominion District in senior year in 2013
• Led team to third-place state finish as sophomore and junior
• Competed at USA Baseball Tournament of Stars as junior
• Made Team USA U16 Team Trials as sophomore
• Was named First-Team All-Dominion District three times at first base; second-team selection his senior year
• Coached by Pete Schumacher
• Was high school teammate of former UVA pitcher Nathan Kirby
• Played travel team baseball with Richmond Braves
• Parents are Jeff and Mary Ann Roberts
• Has one sister, Katie, and one brother, Will
• Will pitched at UVA from 2009-11 and then in Cleveland Indians organization
• Cousins Mike and Sam Roberts played at VMI and went on to play minor league baseball
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia-Towson Midweek Series Cancelled
Baseball | 3/20/2018
The Virginia-Towson midweek baseball series, scheduled to take place on Tuesday (March 20) and...
No. 21 Virginia Clinches Series in Walk-off Fashion
Baseball | 3/18/2018
Virginia scored three runs in the bottom of the 10th inning as part of a 10-9 series-clinching...
Cavaliers Even Series with Boston College
Baseball | 3/17/2018
A five-run, seventh inning and a career day from Daniel Lynch helped Virginia to even the series ...
Game Two Start Time Moved to 3:30 p.m.
Baseball | 3/17/2018
The first pitch of Saturday’s (March 17) ACC game against Boston College has been moved to ...
No. 21 Virginia Drops Series Opener to BC
Baseball | 3/16/2018
Boston College scored five of the game’s last six runs in a 6-2 series opening victory over...
ACC Play Resumes for No. 21 Virginia
Baseball | 3/15/2018
No. 21 Virginia will play its first home ACC series this weekend when it hosts BC at Disharoon...
No. 24 Virginia Hosts Towson in Midweek Series
Baseball | 03/19/2018
No. 24 Virginia will host Towson in a two-game midweek series beginning on Tuesday and concluding...
No. 21 Virginia Walks Off Against JMU
Baseball | 03/14/2018
Tanner Morris delivered a bases loaded sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning in a 3-2...
- Online Stores