Cavaliers outscore Rutgers 37-9 in series
Haseley works career-best 7 1/3 innings as UVA opens midweek series with win
Cavalier pitchers strike out 18 in convincing win
Pinero's two-run single in eighth provides winning margin
Thaiss records career-high four hits and four RBI in win
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
• Made 15 appearances (all in relief)
• Struck out 24 batters in 19 1/3 innings
• Worked 1 1/3 innings of relief against Wake Forest in ACC tournament (5/27)
• Made 16 appearances, including 14 out of bullpen
• Made starts against VMI (4/1) and Richmond (5/12)
• Fired four innings of one run baseball and struck out eight against Cornell (March 1)
• Earned win in college debut on Feb. 14 at East Carolina with four innings of one-run relief
• Redshirt season
JAMES RIVER HIGH SCHOOL
• Named Louisville Slugger All-American his senior year
• Went 7-1 with 0.80 ERA in 11 games during his senior year; struck out 84 in 61 innings
• Named Central Region Player of Year and Second-Team All-State as senior
• Was Co-Player of Year for Dominion District in senior year in 2013
• Led team to third-place state finish as sophomore and junior
• Competed at USA Baseball Tournament of Stars as junior
• Made Team USA U16 Team Trials as sophomore
• Was named First-Team All-Dominion District three times at first base; second-team selection his senior year
• Coached by Pete Schumacher
• Was high school teammate of former UVA pitcher Nathan Kirby
• Played travel team baseball with Richmond Braves
• Parents are Jeff and Mary Ann Roberts
• Has one sister, Katie, and one brother, Will
• Will pitched at UVa from 2009-11 and now is in Cleveland Indians organization
• Cousins Mike and Sam Roberts played at VMI and went on to play minor league baseball
O-Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 16 Virginia Tops Duke, 13-6, to Win Series
Baseball | 3/26/2017
After absorbing a big loss in the series opener Friday, the Cavaliers rebounded for 26 runs and...
No. 16 Virginia Powers Past Duke, 13-6
Baseball | 3/25/2017
The Cavaliers evened the series at a game apiece, with the rubber game slated for 1 p.m. Sunday.
No. 16 Virginia Drops Opener to Duke
Baseball | 3/24/2017
Virginia fell to 17-6 on the year, including a 2-5 mark in ACC play, with the loss.
No. 16 UVA Welcomes Duke for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Game 1 is slated for 4 p.m. Friday, with 1 p.m. contests on Saturday and Sunday to follow.
Jeff White: Weber Hitting Right Notes on Diamond
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this...
No. 16 Virginia Baseball Topples Towson, 8-4
Baseball | 3/22/2017
Eight Virginia pitchers combined to limit Towson to two hits in the win as the Cavaliers improved...
No. 16 Virginia Picks Up 3-2 Win Over Towson
Baseball | 03/21/2017
The Cavaliers got two hits apiece from Jake McCarthy and Ernie Clement, while three UVA pitchers ...
No. 16 Virginia Tangles With Towson in Two-Game Series
Baseball | 03/20/2017
- Online Stores