Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
UVA limits Lancers to two hits, strikes out 14
Smith and Haseley combine for three homers, 10 RBI in big Tuesday win
Cavaliers outscore Rutgers 37-9 in series
Haseley works career-best 7 1/3 innings as UVA opens midweek series with win
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
• Pitched in 15 games
• Worked in 46 career games, including 44 out of bullpen
• Fired two scoreless innings at Clemson (3/18)
• Made 15 appearances (all in relief)
• Struck out 24 batters in 19 1/3 innings
• Worked 1 1/3 innings of relief against Wake Forest in ACC tournament (5/27)
• Made 16 appearances, including 14 out of bullpen
• Made starts against VMI (4/1) and Richmond (5/12)
• Fired four innings of one run baseball and struck out eight against Cornell (March 1)
• Earned win in college debut on Feb. 14 at East Carolina with four innings of one-run relief
• Redshirt season
JAMES RIVER HIGH SCHOOL
• Named Louisville Slugger All-American his senior year
• Went 7-1 with 0.80 ERA in 11 games during his senior year; struck out 84 in 61 innings
• Named Central Region Player of Year and Second-Team All-State as senior
• Was Co-Player of Year for Dominion District in senior year in 2013
• Led team to third-place state finish as sophomore and junior
• Competed at USA Baseball Tournament of Stars as junior
• Made Team USA U16 Team Trials as sophomore
• Was named First-Team All-Dominion District three times at first base; second-team selection his senior year
• Coached by Pete Schumacher
• Was high school teammate of former UVA pitcher Nathan Kirby
• Played travel team baseball with Richmond Braves
• Parents are Jeff and Mary Ann Roberts
• Has one sister, Katie, and one brother, Will
• Will pitched at UVA from 2009-11 and then in Cleveland Indians organization
• Cousins Mike and Sam Roberts played at VMI and went on to play minor league baseball
Williams Eager to Build on Legacy of SuccessGeneral Release10/23/17Carla Williams was introduced Monday as director of athletics Craig Littlepage's successor at UVA. Littlepage is retiring after 16 years as AD.Williams Excited About Opportunity at UVAGeneral Release10/22/17The next athletics director at UVA will be Carla Williams, who's been a student--athlete, coach and an administrator at the University of Georgia.'Hoos Take Step Back in One-Sided LossFootball10/21/17For Virginia, which lost 41-10 to visiting Boston College on Saturday, the next opportunity to become bowl-eligible comes next weekend at Pitt.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
Orange & Blue World Series Starts Thursday
Baseball | 10/18/2017
The Orange and Blue World Series consists of seven games, beginning Thursday (Oct. 19) and...
Virginia Opens Fall Exhibition Schedule Thursday
Baseball | 10/11/2017
Virginia hosts the Ontario Blue Jays at 3 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 12) and plays Davidson in Cary, N.C...
Virginia Baseball Announces 2018 Schedule
Baseball | 10/5/2017
UVA will play 35 games at the newly-renovated Davenport Field, including ACC series with BC,...
Jeff White: Transformation Under Way at Davenport Field
Baseball | 9/27/2017
A major renovation of Davenport Field began in June and is scheduled to be completed before UVA's...
Virginia Announces 2017 Fall Baseball Schedule
Baseball | 9/14/2017
UVA plays a home exhibition against the Ontario Blue Jays on Oct. 12, and travels to Cary, N.C., ...
Artie Lewicki to Make MLB Debut Monday with Tigers
Baseball | 09/03/2017
Lewicki is the 39th Virginia baseball player to reach Major League Baseball and the 16th Cavalier...
Cavaliers in the Pros: August Update
Baseball | 08/22/2017
Five former Cavaliers are currently playing on first-place teams as MLB heads toward final month ...
- Online Stores