Virginia scores season-high, 13 runs in series finale
Colonels rally for three runs in the ninth
Novak hits game-winning single in bottom of ninth inning
Cavaliers win opener, 12-3, over La Salle before dropping nightcap to Niagara
• Played in 15 games and scored five runs
• Made first college start at DH against Monmouth (3/13)
• Homered for his first career hit on March 4 vs. La Salle
• Scored walk-off run in UVA win over Liberty (5/2)
ST. ANNE'S-BELFIELD SCHOOL
• Three-sport standout at St. Anne's-Belfield School in Charlottesville (football, basketball, baseball)
• Named a Rawlings and Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American in baseball his senior year
• Earned all-region and All-Prep League Conference honors his senior year
• Batted .400 and hit four home runs his senior year
• Had tremendous football career (quarterback, wide receiver, defensive back) and was a three-year all-state honoree
• Scored over 50 touchdowns in his career and finished as state's fifth all-time leading receiver with 2,658 yards
• Named all-state at defensive back and wide receiver in 2013 and 2014, then earned all-state honors at defensive back and athlete in 2015
• Was named the Old Dominion Conference Offensive Player of the Year at quarterback in 2015
• Scored over 1,000 points in his basketball career
• Was a second-team all-state honoree in hoops at forward
• Received 2016 John G. McCrory Award from St. Anne's-Belfield for outstanding athlete skill for all sports
• Spent his freshman year at Fluvanna County HS
• Son of Chad and Jana Harrison
• Has one sister, Caelyn
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Louisville Takes Opener With Late Rally
Baseball | 4/20/2018
Danny Oriente doubled in two runs in the eighth inning to help, Louisville prevail, 5-4 over...
Virginia Travels to Louisville for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 4/19/2018
Virginia will continue its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this weekend with a three-game road...
Virginia Powers Past Liberty, 14-3
Baseball | 4/18/2018
A four-run second inning and a five-run seventh aided Virginia to an 14-3 victory over Liberty.
Virginia Walks-off against GW in 12th
Baseball | 4/17/2018
Brendan Rivoli doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 12th inning in a 3-2 midweek win.
Virginia Baseball Signs John “Parker” Staples
Baseball | 4/16/2018
Virginia head baseball coach Brian O’Connor announced the signing of nine-year-old John ...
Pair of Midweeks Close Out Virginia Home Stand
Baseball | 4/16/2018
Virginia hosts George Washington on Tuesday and Liberty on Wednesday to conclude home stand.
No. 22 UNC Sweeps DH to Clinch Series
Baseball | 04/14/2018
North Carolina clinched its third-straight ACC series with a 12-5 victory over Virginia in the...
Cavaliers Shut Out No. 22 UNC in Series Opener
Baseball | 04/13/2018
Virginia blanked No. 22 North Carolina , 4-0 in the opening game of a three-game ACC series.
- Online Stores