Novak hits game-winning single in bottom of ninth inning
Cavaliers win opener, 12-3, over La Salle before dropping nightcap to Niagara
• Played in 15 games and scored five runs
• Made first college start at DH against Monmouth (3/13)
• Homered for his first career hit on March 4 vs. La Salle
• Scored walk-off run in UVA win over Liberty (5/2)
ST. ANNE'S-BELFIELD SCHOOL
• Three-sport standout at St. Anne's-Belfield School in Charlottesville (football, basketball, baseball)
• Named a Rawlings and Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American in baseball his senior year
• Earned all-region and All-Prep League Conference honors his senior year
• Batted .400 and hit four home runs his senior year
• Had tremendous football career (quarterback, wide receiver, defensive back) and was a three-year all-state honoree
• Scored over 50 touchdowns in his career and finished as state's fifth all-time leading receiver with 2,658 yards
• Named all-state at defensive back and wide receiver in 2013 and 2014, then earned all-state honors at defensive back and athlete in 2015
• Was named the Old Dominion Conference Offensive Player of the Year at quarterback in 2015
• Scored over 1,000 points in his basketball career
• Was a second-team all-state honoree in hoops at forward
• Received 2016 John G. McCrory Award from St. Anne's-Belfield for outstanding athlete skill for all sports
• Spent his freshman year at Fluvanna County HS
• Son of Chad and Jana Harrison
• Has one sister, Caelyn
'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores