Novak hits game-winning single in bottom of ninth inning
Cavaliers win opener, 12-3, over La Salle before dropping nightcap to Niagara
• Played in 15 games and scored five runs
• Made first college start at DH against Monmouth (3/13)
• Homered for his first career hit on March 4 vs. La Salle
• Scored walk-off run in UVA win over Liberty (5/2)
ST. ANNE'S-BELFIELD SCHOOL
• Three-sport standout at St. Anne's-Belfield School in Charlottesville (football, basketball, baseball)
• Named a Rawlings and Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American in baseball his senior year
• Earned all-region and All-Prep League Conference honors his senior year
• Batted .400 and hit four home runs his senior year
• Had tremendous football career (quarterback, wide receiver, defensive back) and was a three-year all-state honoree
• Scored over 50 touchdowns in his career and finished as state's fifth all-time leading receiver with 2,658 yards
• Named all-state at defensive back and wide receiver in 2013 and 2014, then earned all-state honors at defensive back and athlete in 2015
• Was named the Old Dominion Conference Offensive Player of the Year at quarterback in 2015
• Scored over 1,000 points in his basketball career
• Was a second-team all-state honoree in hoops at forward
• Received 2016 John G. McCrory Award from St. Anne's-Belfield for outstanding athlete skill for all sports
• Spent his freshman year at Fluvanna County HS
• Son of Chad and Jana Harrison
• Has one sister, Caelyn
Hunter Continues to Blossom for 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/18Another strong performance off the bench by redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter helped No. 2 Virginia rally for a 59-49 win at Wake Forest on Sunday night.1992-93 Cavaliers Step Back Into SpotlightWomen's Basketball1/20/18The 1992-93 Virginia women's basketball team will be honored Sunday at John Paul Jones Arena as part of National Girls and Women in Sports Day.'Hoos Make Themselves at Home in AtlantaMen's Basketball1/19/18No. 2 Virginia, which plays Sunday at Wake Forest, stretched its winning streak to nine games with a victory over Georgia Tech in Atlanta on Thursday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Flex Packages and Single-Game Tickets On Sale Now
Baseball | 1/8/2018
Single-game tickets and Flex Packages for the 2018 Virginia Baseball are on sale now through the ...
McCarthy Listed on Preseason All-America Team
Baseball | 12/18/2017
Jake McCarthywas listed on the Collegiate Baseball Preseason All-America Team as a second team...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
2018 Baseball Season Tickets on Sale Now
Baseball | 12/04/2017
The public sale of 2018 Virginia baseball season tickets begins on Monday, Dec. 4 for the...
Virginia Announces Inaugural Baseball Hall of Fame Class
Baseball | 12/07/2017
The 15-member Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class was unveiled today by current members of the...
- Online Stores