La Prise, Towns, Pinero selected Wednesday
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Three UVa pitchers limit Pirates to five hits
Cavaliers even the series against Vanderbilt with 7-2 victory
Cavaliers defeat Ole Miss 4-1 to advance to finals for first time in program history
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt- College World Series Game 2
Relive all of the excitement by browsing some of the best images from the run to the College World Series.
Virginia beats Ole Miss 4-1 on 6/21/14
Baseball vs. Clemson (by Matt Riley)
Baseball vs. East Carolina 2/23/14
• Selected by Toronto Blue Jays in 19th round of 2015 MLB Draft
• Played in just four games in February while battling injury
• Missed remainder of season after undergoing hip surgery on April 1
• Played in 50 games, including 46 starts (23 at third base, 22 at DH, one at second base)
• Named to Charlottesville Regional All-Tournament Team
• Batted .300 (15-for-50) and started all 12 games in NCAA tournament; was 7-for-13 in regional
• Had four hits in CWS Finals series against Vanderbilt
• Was 3-for-10 in ACC tournament
• Went 3-for-11 with RBI in Georgia Tech series
• Was 3-for-8 in FSU series; hit first career home run in Game 1
• Was 4-for-11 in UNC series
• Cooled off in Clemson series after batting .556 (15-for-27) in previous 10 games
• Was 3-for-3 and reached base in all five plate appearances at James Madison (4/10)
• Started at third and went 2-for-4 with RBI vs. ECU (2/23)
• Had two hits, including RBI double, off bench at William & Mary (2/19)
• Played in 19 games, appearing in nine as pinch hitter
• Earned seven starts, including two in ACC play: May 12 against Duke and May 18 at North Carolina
• Started ACC tournament game against Georgia Tech and had sac fly (5/23)
• Hit two-run triple in 11th inning in win at UNC (5/18)
• Had pinch-hit single, scored run against VCU (5/14)
• Was 1-for-6 in Duke series
• Went 1-for-4 as DH against JMU (4/24)
• Named to All-Southeastern PA Baseball first team in 2012
• Selected as 2012 Bicentennial Athletic League MVP
• Was two-time first-team all-league selection
• Named 2012 team MVP and earned school's 2011 Barry M. Henley Award for baseball
• Earned 2012 Devon Prep Alumni Award for Athletics
• Holds the Devon Prep single-season stolen base, RBI and home run records
• Earned All-Main Line and Daily Local News All-Area first-team honors in 2011
• Coached by Mark Aquilante at Devon Prep
• Also played two years of soccer (center midfield) and three years of basketball (point guard)
• Was a first-team All-Bicentennial Athletic League selection in basketball
• Member of National Honor Society; earned English Award and School Loyalty Award
• Parents are David and Marie La Prise
• Has one sister, Caroline
• Father played soccer at Maine
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia-Towson Midweek Series Cancelled
Baseball | 3/20/2018
The Virginia-Towson midweek baseball series, scheduled to take place on Tuesday (March 20) and...
No. 21 Virginia Clinches Series in Walk-off Fashion
Baseball | 3/18/2018
Virginia scored three runs in the bottom of the 10th inning as part of a 10-9 series-clinching...
Cavaliers Even Series with Boston College
Baseball | 3/17/2018
A five-run, seventh inning and a career day from Daniel Lynch helped Virginia to even the series ...
Game Two Start Time Moved to 3:30 p.m.
Baseball | 3/17/2018
The first pitch of Saturday’s (March 17) ACC game against Boston College has been moved to ...
No. 21 Virginia Drops Series Opener to BC
Baseball | 3/16/2018
Boston College scored five of the game’s last six runs in a 6-2 series opening victory over...
ACC Play Resumes for No. 21 Virginia
Baseball | 3/15/2018
No. 21 Virginia will play its first home ACC series this weekend when it hosts BC at Disharoon...
No. 24 Virginia Hosts Towson in Midweek Series
Baseball | 03/19/2018
No. 24 Virginia will host Towson in a two-game midweek series beginning on Tuesday and concluding...
No. 21 Virginia Walks Off Against JMU
Baseball | 03/14/2018
Tanner Morris delivered a bases loaded sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning in a 3-2...
- Online Stores