La Prise, Towns, Pinero selected Wednesday
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Three UVa pitchers limit Pirates to five hits
Cavaliers even the series against Vanderbilt with 7-2 victory
Cavaliers defeat Ole Miss 4-1 to advance to finals for first time in program history
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt- College World Series Game 2
Relive all of the excitement by browsing some of the best images from the run to the College World Series.
Virginia beats Ole Miss 4-1 on 6/21/14
Baseball vs. Clemson (by Matt Riley)
Baseball vs. East Carolina 2/23/14
• Selected by Toronto Blue Jays in 19th round of 2015 MLB Draft
• Played in just four games in February while battling injury
• Missed remainder of season after undergoing hip surgery on April 1
• Played in 50 games, including 46 starts (23 at third base, 22 at DH, one at second base)
• Named to Charlottesville Regional All-Tournament Team
• Batted .300 (15-for-50) and started all 12 games in NCAA tournament; was 7-for-13 in regional
• Had four hits in CWS Finals series against Vanderbilt
• Was 3-for-10 in ACC tournament
• Went 3-for-11 with RBI in Georgia Tech series
• Was 3-for-8 in FSU series; hit first career home run in Game 1
• Was 4-for-11 in UNC series
• Cooled off in Clemson series after batting .556 (15-for-27) in previous 10 games
• Was 3-for-3 and reached base in all five plate appearances at James Madison (4/10)
• Started at third and went 2-for-4 with RBI vs. ECU (2/23)
• Had two hits, including RBI double, off bench at William & Mary (2/19)
• Played in 19 games, appearing in nine as pinch hitter
• Earned seven starts, including two in ACC play: May 12 against Duke and May 18 at North Carolina
• Started ACC tournament game against Georgia Tech and had sac fly (5/23)
• Hit two-run triple in 11th inning in win at UNC (5/18)
• Had pinch-hit single, scored run against VCU (5/14)
• Was 1-for-6 in Duke series
• Went 1-for-4 as DH against JMU (4/24)
• Named to All-Southeastern PA Baseball first team in 2012
• Selected as 2012 Bicentennial Athletic League MVP
• Was two-time first-team all-league selection
• Named 2012 team MVP and earned school's 2011 Barry M. Henley Award for baseball
• Earned 2012 Devon Prep Alumni Award for Athletics
• Holds the Devon Prep single-season stolen base, RBI and home run records
• Earned All-Main Line and Daily Local News All-Area first-team honors in 2011
• Coached by Mark Aquilante at Devon Prep
• Also played two years of soccer (center midfield) and three years of basketball (point guard)
• Was a first-team All-Bicentennial Athletic League selection in basketball
• Member of National Honor Society; earned English Award and School Loyalty Award
• Parents are David and Marie La Prise
• Has one sister, Caroline
• Father played soccer at Maine
O-Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 16 Virginia Powers Past Duke, 13-6
Baseball | 3/25/2017
The Cavaliers evened the series at a game apiece, with the rubber game slated for 1 p.m. Sunday.
No. 16 Virginia Drops Opener to Duke
Baseball | 3/24/2017
Virginia fell to 17-6 on the year, including a 2-5 mark in ACC play, with the loss.
No. 16 UVA Welcomes Duke for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Game 1 is slated for 4 p.m. Friday, with 1 p.m. contests on Saturday and Sunday to follow.
Jeff White: Weber Hitting Right Notes on Diamond
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this...
No. 16 Virginia Baseball Topples Towson, 8-4
Baseball | 3/22/2017
Eight Virginia pitchers combined to limit Towson to two hits in the win as the Cavaliers improved...
No. 16 Virginia Picks Up 3-2 Win Over Towson
Baseball | 3/21/2017
The Cavaliers got two hits apiece from Jake McCarthy and Ernie Clement, while three UVA pitchers ...
No. 16 Virginia Tangles With Towson in Two-Game Series
Baseball | 03/20/2017
Virginia Drops Series to Clemson with 12-1 Sunday Loss
Baseball | 03/19/2017
For the second day in a row, Clemson jumped out to an early lead and used it cruise to a 12-1 win...
- Online Stores