La Prise, Towns, Pinero selected Wednesday
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Three UVa pitchers limit Pirates to five hits
Cavaliers even the series against Vanderbilt with 7-2 victory
Cavaliers defeat Ole Miss 4-1 to advance to finals for first time in program history
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt- College World Series Game 2
Relive all of the excitement by browsing some of the best images from the run to the College World Series.
Virginia beats Ole Miss 4-1 on 6/21/14
Baseball vs. Clemson (by Matt Riley)
Baseball vs. East Carolina 2/23/14
• Selected by Toronto Blue Jays in 19th round of 2015 MLB Draft
• Played in just four games in February while battling injury
• Missed remainder of season after undergoing hip surgery on April 1
• Played in 50 games, including 46 starts (23 at third base, 22 at DH, one at second base)
• Named to Charlottesville Regional All-Tournament Team
• Batted .300 (15-for-50) and started all 12 games in NCAA tournament; was 7-for-13 in regional
• Had four hits in CWS Finals series against Vanderbilt
• Was 3-for-10 in ACC tournament
• Went 3-for-11 with RBI in Georgia Tech series
• Was 3-for-8 in FSU series; hit first career home run in Game 1
• Was 4-for-11 in UNC series
• Cooled off in Clemson series after batting .556 (15-for-27) in previous 10 games
• Was 3-for-3 and reached base in all five plate appearances at James Madison (4/10)
• Started at third and went 2-for-4 with RBI vs. ECU (2/23)
• Had two hits, including RBI double, off bench at William & Mary (2/19)
• Played in 19 games, appearing in nine as pinch hitter
• Earned seven starts, including two in ACC play: May 12 against Duke and May 18 at North Carolina
• Started ACC tournament game against Georgia Tech and had sac fly (5/23)
• Hit two-run triple in 11th inning in win at UNC (5/18)
• Had pinch-hit single, scored run against VCU (5/14)
• Was 1-for-6 in Duke series
• Went 1-for-4 as DH against JMU (4/24)
• Named to All-Southeastern PA Baseball first team in 2012
• Selected as 2012 Bicentennial Athletic League MVP
• Was two-time first-team all-league selection
• Named 2012 team MVP and earned school's 2011 Barry M. Henley Award for baseball
• Earned 2012 Devon Prep Alumni Award for Athletics
• Holds the Devon Prep single-season stolen base, RBI and home run records
• Earned All-Main Line and Daily Local News All-Area first-team honors in 2011
• Coached by Mark Aquilante at Devon Prep
• Also played two years of soccer (center midfield) and three years of basketball (point guard)
• Was a first-team All-Bicentennial Athletic League selection in basketball
• Member of National Honor Society; earned English Award and School Loyalty Award
• Parents are David and Marie La Prise
• Has one sister, Caroline
• Father played soccer at Maine
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Falls to No. 9 Florida State in Extra Innings
Baseball | 5/22/2018
No. 9 Florida State prevailed, 3-2 in the bottom of the 11th inning with a walk-off single at the...
Virginia Begins ACC Tournament Play Tuesday
Baseball | 5/21/2018
No. 10 seed Virginia will begin its play in the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship on Tuesday
Four Cavaliers Earn All-ACC Accolades
Baseball | 5/21/2018
Second baseman Andy Weber earned First Team All-ACC honors for the first time in his career.
Dates, Times Announced For ACC Baseball Championship
Baseball | 5/20/2018
Virginia will begin play in the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship on Tuesday (May 22).
Wake Forest Outlasts Virginia in Regular Season Finale
Baseball | 5/19/2018
Wake Forest scored runs in all but one turn at the plate in a 18-12 victory over Virginia.
Virginia Evens Series at Wake Forest
Baseball | 5/18/2018
Virginia scored a season-high 15 runs, including nine in the ninth to even the series at Wake...
Former Cavalier Seeks to Return to the Field, as a Coach
Baseball | 05/18/2018
A former Cavalier and pro baseball player, Branden Cogswell is set to complete his undergraduate ...
Virginia Falls to Wake Forest in Series Opener
Baseball | 05/17/2018
Wake Forest took the opener of a three-game ACC series, 7-3 against Virginia behind three home runs.
- Online Stores