La Prise, Towns, Pinero selected Wednesday
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Three UVa pitchers limit Pirates to five hits
Cavaliers even the series against Vanderbilt with 7-2 victory
Cavaliers defeat Ole Miss 4-1 to advance to finals for first time in program history
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt- College World Series Game 2
Relive all of the excitement by browsing some of the best images from the run to the College World Series.
Virginia beats Ole Miss 4-1 on 6/21/14
Baseball vs. Clemson (by Matt Riley)
Baseball vs. East Carolina 2/23/14
• Selected by Toronto Blue Jays in 19th round of 2015 MLB Draft
• Played in just four games in February while battling injury
• Missed remainder of season after undergoing hip surgery on April 1
• Played in 50 games, including 46 starts (23 at third base, 22 at DH, one at second base)
• Named to Charlottesville Regional All-Tournament Team
• Batted .300 (15-for-50) and started all 12 games in NCAA tournament; was 7-for-13 in regional
• Had four hits in CWS Finals series against Vanderbilt
• Was 3-for-10 in ACC tournament
• Went 3-for-11 with RBI in Georgia Tech series
• Was 3-for-8 in FSU series; hit first career home run in Game 1
• Was 4-for-11 in UNC series
• Cooled off in Clemson series after batting .556 (15-for-27) in previous 10 games
• Was 3-for-3 and reached base in all five plate appearances at James Madison (4/10)
• Started at third and went 2-for-4 with RBI vs. ECU (2/23)
• Had two hits, including RBI double, off bench at William & Mary (2/19)
• Played in 19 games, appearing in nine as pinch hitter
• Earned seven starts, including two in ACC play: May 12 against Duke and May 18 at North Carolina
• Started ACC tournament game against Georgia Tech and had sac fly (5/23)
• Hit two-run triple in 11th inning in win at UNC (5/18)
• Had pinch-hit single, scored run against VCU (5/14)
• Was 1-for-6 in Duke series
• Went 1-for-4 as DH against JMU (4/24)
• Named to All-Southeastern PA Baseball first team in 2012
• Selected as 2012 Bicentennial Athletic League MVP
• Was two-time first-team all-league selection
• Named 2012 team MVP and earned school's 2011 Barry M. Henley Award for baseball
• Earned 2012 Devon Prep Alumni Award for Athletics
• Holds the Devon Prep single-season stolen base, RBI and home run records
• Earned All-Main Line and Daily Local News All-Area first-team honors in 2011
• Coached by Mark Aquilante at Devon Prep
• Also played two years of soccer (center midfield) and three years of basketball (point guard)
• Was a first-team All-Bicentennial Athletic League selection in basketball
• Member of National Honor Society; earned English Award and School Loyalty Award
• Parents are David and Marie La Prise
• Has one sister, Caroline
• Father played soccer at Maine
Afamefuna Thriving in New RoleMen's Soccer4/24/17After making the ACC's All-Freshman team as a defender last fall, Virginia's Robin Afamefuna is looking to contribute more at the attacking end this year.'Hoos Head Into Postseason on High NoteWomen's Lacrosse4/22/17In its regular-season finale, Virginia clinched the No. 3 seed in the ACC tournament with a 6-5 win over Virginia Tech at Klöckner Stadium.Coleman Making Most of OpportunityFootball4/21/17Lester Coleman, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, has emerged as a strong candidate to succeed Nicholas Conte as Virginia's punter.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 11 Virginia Dominates Notre Dame, 9-0, to Win Series
Baseball | 4/22/2017
Noah Murdock and Alec Bettinger combined on a five-hit shutout as UVA picked up its third...
No. 11 Virginia Splits DH With Notre Dame
Baseball | 4/22/2017
Please note: The series finale Saturday has been moved to an 11 a.m. start time because of...
No. 11 Virginia Welcomes Notre Dame for ACC Series
Baseball | 4/20/2017
The original schedule has been altered, and the teams will play a doubleheader Friday, followed...
Schedule Altered for Virginia-Notre Dame Series
Baseball | 4/20/2017
The teams will play at doubleheader at 4 p.m. Friday. The series finale will be played at 4 p.m. ...
Lynch Dazzles as No. 11 Virginia Tops JMU, 7-2
Baseball | 4/19/2017
Lynch scattered six hits in his first career complete game as Virginia won for the 10th time in...
No. 11 Virginia Cruises Past Longwood, 13-2
Baseball | 4/18/2017
The Cavaliers limited Longwood to two hits while three UVA pitchers combined to strike out 14...
No. 11 Virginia Plays Host to Longwood, JMU
Baseball | 04/17/2017
Virginia plays host to Longwood Tuesday and James Madison Wednesday at Davenport Field. First...
No. 12 Virginia Drops Series Finale at Virginia Tech, 7-5
Baseball | 04/15/2017
The Cavaliers won the series, two games to one, as their eight-game win streak came to an end.
- Online Stores