Cavaliers finish with 14-0 record in midweek games
Novak hits game-winning single in bottom of ninth inning
Cavaliers earn fourth straight ACC series win
Lynch scatters six hits in complete-game effort
Derek Casey works seven strong innings, while offense collects 17 hits
• Played in 46 games, including 32 starts (24 at 3B, 6 at DH, 2 at 1B)
• Made 21 appearances, including 16 starts, in ACC play
• Fourth toughest to strike out in ACC (12.0 AB/K)
• Led team with 11 sacrifice bunts
• Hit pinch-hit double and scored run in NCAA tournament game at TCU (6/4)
• Was 4-for-8 in two starts in Florida State series
• Hit solo home run at Virginia Tech (4/15)
• Had three hits and reached base four times in win over Old Dominion (4/4)
• Was 4-for-12 in Louisville series
• Hit two-run, pinch-hit double and drove in three runs in win over La Salle (3/5)
• Doubled twice in three-hit, three-run effort at The Citadel (2/18)
• Played in 40 games, making 22 starts
• Went 3-for-6 with double and two RBI against Wagner (3/9)
• Doubled twice in win against Louisville (3/25)
• Hit go-ahead, 3-run triple in win over North Carolina (4/15)
• Cranked 2-run triple against Radford (4/19)
• Recorded three hits and scored twice against VCU (4/20)
• Hit first career home run, a 3-run blast, in win at Miami (4/22); was 3-for-9 in series
• First-Team All-State selection as senior
• Three-year First-Team All-Conference honoree
• Three-time recipient of All-Region and All-Met honors
• Named Co-Conference Player of Year his senior season
• Hit at least .480 in each of his three varsity seasons: .501 as sophomore, .568 as junior and .480 as senior; also hit four home runs his senior year
• Coached by Sammy Serrano
• Played travel team baseball with Marucci Stars
• Parents are Rob and Christie Eikhoff
• Mother played softball at Georgia Tech
• Born in San Diego
• Has two brothers, Tyler and Riley, and one sister, Emma
'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores