Cardinals plate two runs in bottom of the eighth
Cavaliers register sixth walk-off win of 2018
Cavaliers have comeback fall short in game one
Casey, Abbott combine for team’s sixth shutout
Casey pitches complete game shutout in game one
• Played in 46 games, including 32 starts (24 at 3B, 6 at DH, 2 at 1B)
• Made 21 appearances, including 16 starts, in ACC play
• Fourth toughest to strike out in ACC (12.0 AB/K)
• Led team with 11 sacrifice bunts
• Hit pinch-hit double and scored run in NCAA tournament game at TCU (6/4)
• Was 4-for-8 in two starts in Florida State series
• Hit solo home run at Virginia Tech (4/15)
• Had three hits and reached base four times in win over Old Dominion (4/4)
• Was 4-for-12 in Louisville series
• Hit two-run, pinch-hit double and drove in three runs in win over La Salle (3/5)
• Doubled twice in three-hit, three-run effort at The Citadel (2/18)
• Played in 40 games, making 22 starts
• Went 3-for-6 with double and two RBI against Wagner (3/9)
• Doubled twice in win against Louisville (3/25)
• Hit go-ahead, 3-run triple in win over North Carolina (4/15)
• Cranked 2-run triple against Radford (4/19)
• Recorded three hits and scored twice against VCU (4/20)
• Hit first career home run, a 3-run blast, in win at Miami (4/22); was 3-for-9 in series
• First-Team All-State selection as senior
• Three-year First-Team All-Conference honoree
• Three-time recipient of All-Region and All-Met honors
• Named Co-Conference Player of Year his senior season
• Hit at least .480 in each of his three varsity seasons: .501 as sophomore, .568 as junior and .480 as senior; also hit four home runs his senior year
• Coached by Sammy Serrano
• Played travel team baseball with Marucci Stars
• Parents are Rob and Christie Eikhoff
• Mother played softball at Georgia Tech
• Born in San Diego
• Has two brothers, Tyler and Riley, and one sister, Emma
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Welcomes No. 10 Clemson to Disharoon Park
Baseball | 4/26/2018
Virginia returns to action on Friday as it begins a three-game ACC series against No. 10 Clemson.
Tuesday's Game vs. ODU Cancelled
Baseball | 4/23/2018
Tuesday's non-conference game against Old Dominion at Harbor Park has been cancelled.
Ninth Inning Rally Clinches Series for Virginia
Baseball | 4/22/2018
Virginia rallied for two runs in the top of the ninth inning to stun Louisville, 2-1.
Virginia Evens Series Behind Strong Pitching
Baseball | 4/21/2018
Daniel Lynch and reliever Bennett Sousa shut down Louisville over the final six innings in a 5-4...
Louisville Takes Opener With Late Rally
Baseball | 4/20/2018
Danny Oriente doubled in two runs in the eighth inning to help, Louisville prevail, 5-4 over...
Virginia Travels to Louisville for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 4/19/2018
Virginia will continue its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this weekend with a three-game road...
Virginia Powers Past Liberty, 14-3
Baseball | 04/18/2018
A four-run second inning and a five-run seventh aided Virginia to an 14-3 victory over Liberty.
Virginia Walks-off against GW in 12th
Baseball | 04/17/2018
Brendan Rivoli doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 12th inning in a 3-2 midweek win.
- Online Stores