Cavaliers force rubber game in final ACC series of the year
Cavaliers score two in last at bat
Cavaliers fueled by five-run second inning
Haseley and Smith earn first-team honors
Hurricanes take opener, 5-1, but UVA rebounds for 13-6 win in nightcap
• Named to 2017 ACC All-Freshman Team
• Appeared in 11 games, making seven starts
• Batters hit just .219 against him
• Earned wins over VMI (2/21), Notre Dame (4/22) and Florida State (4/29)
• Fired 19 1/3 consecutive scoreless innings in April during starts against Virginia Tech, Notre Dame and Florida State
• Started and worked seven scoreless innings in UVA's extra-inning win at Virginia Tech (4/14); did not walk a batter
• Pitched 6 1/3 shutout innings against Notre Dame (4/22)
• Allowed two hits and four walks in shutout frames in 8-0 win at Florida State (4/29)
• Scattered four hits across 3 2/3 innings of relief, allowing only one run against Duke (3/24)
• Made UVA debut in season opener against Liberty, working 1 2/3 innings
• Did not pitch after May 13 because of injury
COLONIAL HEIGHTS HS
• Selected by Washington Nationals in 38th round of 2016 MLB Draft
• Played three sports in high school (baseball, volleyball, basketball)
• Named 2016 Rawlings and Perfect Game Third-Team All-American
• Was All-Atlantic Region First-Team honoree in 2016
• Named Conference 25 Player of the Year and All-Region Player of the Year in 2016
• Twice named Underclass All-American by Perfect Game
• Went 9-0 with 1.53 ERA as junior and 6-2 with 1.83 ERA as sophomore
• Was 2016 Virginia State Player of the Year in volleyball; led CHHS to its first volleyball state championship
• Two-time First-Team All-State and three-time All-Region honoree in volleyball
• Was three-time First-Team All-Conference 25, All-Region and All-Metro honoree in volleyball
• Was three-time All-Academic honoree in both baseball and volleyball
• Coached by Gerald Carsley in baseball
• Played travel baseball with Virginia Cardinals
• Earned Presidential Education Award for maintaining GPA over 3.5 for all four years of high school
• Earned Richmond Times-Dispatch Scholar-Athlete Scholarship in 2016
• Parents are Jim and Sharon Murdock
• Has two brothers, Zachary and Jacob
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Begins ACC Tournament Play Tuesday
Baseball | 5/21/2018
No. 10 seed Virginia will begin its play in the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship on Tuesday
Four Cavaliers Earn All-ACC Accolades
Baseball | 5/21/2018
Second baseman Andy Weber earned First Team All-ACC honors for the first time in his career.
Dates, Times Announced For ACC Baseball Championship
Baseball | 5/20/2018
Virginia will begin play in the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship on Tuesday (May 22).
Wake Forest Outlasts Virginia in Regular Season Finale
Baseball | 5/19/2018
Wake Forest scored runs in all but one turn at the plate in a 18-12 victory over Virginia.
Virginia Evens Series at Wake Forest
Baseball | 5/18/2018
Virginia scored a season-high 15 runs, including nine in the ninth to even the series at Wake...
Former Cavalier Seeks to Return to the Field, as a Coach
Baseball | 5/18/2018
A former Cavalier and pro baseball player, Branden Cogswell is set to complete his undergraduate ...
Virginia Falls to Wake Forest in Series Opener
Baseball | 05/17/2018
Wake Forest took the opener of a three-game ACC series, 7-3 against Virginia behind three home runs.
Virginia Concludes Regular Season at Wake Forest
Baseball | 05/16/2018
Virginia travels to Wake Forest for a three-game ACC series beginning Thursday (May 17).
- Online Stores