Haseley and Smith earn first-team honors
Hurricanes take opener, 5-1, but UVA rebounds for 13-6 win in nightcap
Murdock and Bettinger combine on two-hitter as Cavaliers even the series
Murdock and Bettinger combine on five-hit shutout
Haseley hits go-ahead homer in 10th inning as UVA clinches series
• Named to 2017 ACC All-Freshman Team
• Appeared in 11 games, making seven starts
• Batters hit just .219 against him
• Earned wins over VMI (2/21), Notre Dame (4/22) and Florida State (4/29)
• Fired 19 1/3 consecutive scoreless innings in April during starts against Virginia Tech, Notre Dame and Florida State
• Started and worked seven scoreless innings in UVA’s extra-inning win at Virginia Tech (4/14); did not walk a batter
• Pitched 6 1/3 shutout innings against Notre Dame (4/22)
• Allowed two hits and four walks in shutout frames in 8-0 win at Florida State (4/29)
• Scattered four hits across 3 2/3 innings of relief, allowing only one run against Duke (3/24)
• Made UVA debut in season opener against Liberty, working 1 2/3 innings
• Did not pitch after May 13 because of injury
COLONIAL HEIGHTS HS
• Selected by Washington Nationals in 38th round of 2016 MLB Draft
• Played three sports in high school (baseball, volleyball, basketball)
• Named 2016 Rawlings and Perfect Game Third-Team All-American
• Was All-Atlantic Region First-Team honoree in 2016
• Named Conference 25 Player of the Year and All-Region Player of the Year in 2016
• Twice named Underclass All-American by Perfect Game
• Went 9-0 with 1.53 ERA as junior and 6-2 with 1.83 ERA as sophomore
• Was 2016 Virginia State Player of the Year in volleyball; led CHHS to its first volleyball state championship
• Two-time First-Team All-State and three-time All-Region honoree in volleyball
• Was three-time First-Team All-Conference 25, All-Region and All-Metro honoree in volleyball
• Was three-time All-Academic honoree in both baseball and volleyball
• Coached by Gerald Carsley in baseball
• Played travel baseball with Virginia Cardinals
• Earned Presidential Education Award for maintaining GPA over 3.5 for all four years of high school
• Earned Richmond Times-Dispatch Scholar-Athlete Scholarship in 2016
• Parents are Jim and Sharon Murdock
• Has two brothers, Zachary and Jacob
Cavaliers Looking to Build MomentumWomen's Basketball11/22/17Virginia (2-3) will play twice this weekend in the Cavalier Classic at John Paul Jones Arena: Saturday against Harvard and Sunday against Duquesne.'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores