Cavaliers reach 40-win plateau for 11th time in last 14 seasons
Smith and Haseley combine for three homers, 10 RBI in big Tuesday win
Casey, Bettinger and Wilson combine on three-hitter
Cavaliers outscore Rutgers 37-9 in series
Baseball America tabs UVa with No. 2-rated recruiting class for 2014
• Pitched 12 times out of bullpen, including five in ACC play
• Fired two scoreless innings to close out win at Georgia Tech (5/19)
• Worked career-best 3 2/3 innings and struck out career-high six batters in UVA's win over Old Dominion (4/4)
• Tossed scoreless inning with two strikeouts at North Carolina (3/11)
• After missing first two seasons with injuries, he made his UVA debut on Feb. 26 with back-to-back strikeouts against Rutgers
• Did not see game action
• Redshirt season
• First-team all-conference outfield and second-team pitcher honoree as senior
• Earned second-team all-region (outfield) and all-metro (pitcher) honors as senior
• Also earned all-district and all-region honors at DH as junior
• Went 7-0 with 1.24 ERA and 60 strikeouts in 45 innings his senior; also batted .386 with home run and 15 RBI
• Coached by Tim Lowery
• Played travel team baseball with Rise Baseball Academy
• Parents are Philip and Linda Wilson
• Has one brother, Tyler, who played at Virginia from 2008-11 and currently pitches for Baltimore Orioles (MLB debut in 2015)
Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores