Cavaliers fueled by five-run second inning
Cavaliers improve to 6-2 in midweek contests
Cavaliers return home Tuesday to host ODU
Virginia pitchers toss sixth no-hitter in program history
Cavaliers reach 40-win plateau for 11th time in last 14 seasons
• Pitched 12 times out of bullpen, including five in ACC play
• Fired two scoreless innings to close out win at Georgia Tech (5/19)
• Worked career-best 3 2/3 innings and struck out career-high six batters in UVA's win over Old Dominion (4/4)
• Tossed scoreless inning with two strikeouts at North Carolina (3/11)
• After missing first two seasons with injuries, he made his UVA debut on Feb. 26 with back-to-back strikeouts against Rutgers
• Did not see game action
• Redshirt season
• First-team all-conference outfield and second-team pitcher honoree as senior
• Earned second-team all-region (outfield) and all-metro (pitcher) honors as senior
• Also earned all-district and all-region honors at DH as junior
• Went 7-0 with 1.24 ERA and 60 strikeouts in 45 innings his senior; also batted .386 with home run and 15 RBI
• Coached by Tim Lowery
• Played travel team baseball with Rise Baseball Academy
• Parents are Philip and Linda Wilson
• Has one brother, Tyler, who played at Virginia from 2008-11 and pitched for the Baltimore Orioles from 2015-17. He is currently playing professionally in South Korea.
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Evens Series Behind Strong Pitching
Baseball | 4/21/2018
Daniel Lynch and reliever Bennett Sousa shut down Louisville over the final six innings in a 5-4...
Louisville Takes Opener With Late Rally
Baseball | 4/20/2018
Danny Oriente doubled in two runs in the eighth inning to help, Louisville prevail, 5-4 over...
Virginia Travels to Louisville for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 4/19/2018
Virginia will continue its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this weekend with a three-game road...
Virginia Powers Past Liberty, 14-3
Baseball | 4/18/2018
A four-run second inning and a five-run seventh aided Virginia to an 14-3 victory over Liberty.
Virginia Walks-off against GW in 12th
Baseball | 4/17/2018
Brendan Rivoli doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 12th inning in a 3-2 midweek win.
Virginia Baseball Signs John “Parker” Staples
Baseball | 4/16/2018
Virginia head baseball coach Brian O’Connor announced the signing of nine-year-old John ...
Pair of Midweeks Close Out Virginia Home Stand
Baseball | 04/16/2018
Virginia hosts George Washington on Tuesday and Liberty on Wednesday to conclude home stand.
No. 22 UNC Sweeps DH to Clinch Series
Baseball | 04/14/2018
North Carolina clinched its third-straight ACC series with a 12-5 victory over Virginia in the...
- Online Stores