Cavaliers use 11-run third inning to blow open game
Cavalier pitchers strike out 18 in convincing win
Jones works seven shutout innings in Cavaliers' season-opening win
Orange scores three runs in ninth inning to win Orange & Blue World Series
Waddell, Sborz combine on two-hitter
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
Baseball vs. Miami (By Kelsey Grant)
College World Series Finals Game 2 (by Matt Riley)
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt- College World Series Game 3
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt- College World Series Game 2
• Played in 58 games with 55 starts (25 at catcher, 13 at DH, 17 at first base)
• Batted team-best .347 in ACC games (ninth among all ACC players)
• Batted .333 (43-for-132) over last 35 games after return from facial injury
• Started at DH in 11 of UVa’s 12 NCAA tournament games
• Was 3-for-8 in NCAA Super Regional
• Hit sacrifice fly to score lone run of game in 1-0 College World Series win over Florida (6/15)
• His RBI groundout snapped a scoreless tie in UVa’s win over USC to open NCAA tournament (5/29)
• Was 7-for-36 in 11 games in NCAA tournament
• Was 5-for-12 (.417) at ACC tournament
• Started 21 straight games behind the plate prior to start at first base on May 23 in ACC tournament (stretch started in UVa’s final game of Georgia Tech series)
• Missed eight games in late Feburary/early March with knee injury; also missed the April 8 game vs. VMI after taking a grounder to the face during batting practice
• Played in 45 games, with 28 starts
• Had hits in 21 of 28 starts
• Started second game of each weekend series
• Batted .294 (5-for-17) with four runs in NCAA tournament and was 4-for-10 in College World Series
• Hit go-ahead 2-run single in College World Series in fourth inning against Ole Miss (6/21)
• Was 5-for-8 in Wake Forest series
• Hit first college home run in win over Richmond (4/24)
• Went 2-for-7 in Clemson series; scored Game 3's only run
• Was 2-for-7 with two RBI in Virginia Tech series
• Started all three games of Miami series (2-for-10)
• Drove in career-best four runs, three off a bases-clearing double, in win over Princeton (3/20)
• Played in nine games, with five starts
• Missed first 19 games with injury
• Returned March 19 and doubled in run in first at bat
• Three of his four hits were doubles
• Earned first ACC start in second game of DH at Virginia Tech (4/27); went 1-for-3 with double, RBI
• Made first career start March 20 vs. Yale; also started April 23 against Richmond and March 27 vs. Towson
• Three-time all-conference honoree (2010-12)
• Posted career batting average of .344 with 95 hits
• Named second-team all-county by Sun Sentinel his sophomore, junior and senior years
• Named second-team all-county by Palm Beach Post in 2012
• Earned team's Heart and Hustle Award in 2011 and Gold Glove Award in 2010
• Was team's Most Valuable Hitter in 2012
• Coached by Larry Greenstein at Park Vista
• Also played golf his senior year (carded a 43 average per nine holes)
• Named a scholar-athlete all four years
• Member of National Honor Society and Mu Alpha Theta
• Played travel team baseball with Palm Beach Police Athletic League
• Parents are Bob and Kim Coman
• Father played golf at Rollins College
• Has two sisters, Katherine and Kristina
Transfers Eager to Help Lift ProgramFootball5/26/16UVA's football team added three transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared Cohen and defensive end Jack Powers.Cavaliers' Reign Atop NCAA ContinuesMen's Tennis5/25/16With a 4-1 win over Oklahoma on Tuesday night, top-seeded Virginia captured its second straight NCAA men's title and third in four seasons.Mihaljevic's Star Continues to RiseTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/16In junior Filip Mihaljevic, Virginia's track & field team has one of the nation's elite shot putters and discus throwers.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 7 Virginia Falls 10-9 to Wake Forest
Baseball | 5/27/2016
Adam Haseley hit a pair of triples and drove in three runs as part of a three-hit day while...
No. 7 Virginia Falls to No. 12 Clemson, 5-4
Baseball | 5/26/2016
Matt Thaiss and Daniel Pinero each homered and went 2-for-3 for the Cavaliers in the narrow setback.
NCAA Regional, Super Regional Ticket Books On Sale Friday
Baseball | 5/26/2016
Potential Regional would be played June 3-6 at Davenport Field, Super Regional June 10-12 or 11-13.
No. 3 Seed UVA Begins ACC Tournament Thursday
Baseball | 5/25/2016
The No. 3 seed Cavaliers face No. 6 seed Clemson Thursday, No. 10 Wake Forest Friday and No. 2 ...
Four Cavaliers Named to 2016 All-ACC Team
Baseball | 5/23/2016
Connor Jones earned first-team honors at starting pitcher to highlight the Cavaliers’ four ...
ACC Baseball Championship Schedule Announced
Baseball | 5/22/2016
After winning 12 of its final 15 ACC games, UVA ascended to the No. 3 seed and will play Clemson ...
No. 8 Virginia Sweeps Virginia Tech with 4-1 Win
Baseball | 05/21/2016
Haseley (8-3) tossed his first career complete game, allowing just an unearned run and two hits...
Jeff White: Power Surge Contributing to Success
Baseball | 05/21/2016
Timely home runs helped No. 8 Virginia win the first two games of its series with ACC rival...
- Online Stores