Cavaliers take series, two games to one
Novak goes 3-for-4 with home run, five RBI in victory
Cavaliers clinch series with two wins on Friday
Cavaliers score most runs in nearly six years
By Jeff White (email@example.com)
Baseball vs. Miami (By Kelsey Grant)
• Pitched in 17 games out of bullpen
• Did not allow an earned run over 6 2/3 innings in three appearances in NCAA tournament
• Pitched against Florida (6/19) and Vanderbilt (6/22) in College World Series (2 2/3 total innings)
• Worked four perfect innings from 7th through 10th to earn win in regional championship game against USC (5/31)
• Notched win in Game 3 at North Carolina with four innings of two-run relief work (5/16)
• Picked up first career save with four-inning outing against Marist (2/21)
• Made 16 appearances, with 15 coming out of bullpen
• Returned to mound May 13 vs. VCU after missing a month with back injury; also pitched to one batter Saturday at Wake Forest (5/17)
• Made first career start against Towson, going four innings without allowing an earned run (3/19)
• Had two scoreless outings in Duke series
• Worked two or more innings in five outings
• Made 20 appearances out of bullpen, spanning 32 2/3 innings
• Worked five scoreless innings out of bullpen, facing minimum of 15 batters, to earn NCAA regional win against Elon (6/2)
• Fired three scoreless innings and allowed just one hit in ACC tournament game against Virginia Tech (5/25)
• Worked 10th and 11th innings at UNC to earn win in Game 3 of series (5/18)
• Had streak of 13 straight scoreless innings snapped at UNC
• Tossed 1 1/3 scoreless innings against Virginia Tech in second game of DH (4/27)
• Pitched three scoreless innings to earn first career win against Richmond (4/23)
• Tossed scoreless inning in game 1 of series against Florida State (4/20)
• Also pitched twice in Clemson series
• Two-time all-state honoree (2010 as pitcher, 2012 as DH)
• Twice named to All-Lehigh Valley Conference team (2011, 2012)
• 2010 and 2012 all-area honoree
• Named team MVP and captain in 2012
• Coached by Matt Garza
• Played travel team baseball with Canes Baseball
• Parents are Ronald and Karen Rosenberger
Cavaliers Roll Into Exam BreakBaseball5/4/16No. 13 Virginia, which is off until May 13, when ACC foe Georgia Tech visits Davenport Field, has won six games in a row.Cavaliers' Margin for Error GoneMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Cavaliers Roll Into Exam Break
Baseball | 5/4/2016
No. 13 Virginia, which has won six games in a row, is off until May 13, when ACC foe Georgia...
No. 13 Virginia Defeats Liberty for Sixth Straight Win, 7-3
Baseball | 5/3/2016
Virginia scored its sixth straight win and completed its eight-game road trip – the program...
No. 13 Virginia Travels to Liberty Tuesday
Baseball | 5/2/2016
Connor Jones Named ACC Pitcher of the Week
Baseball | 5/2/2016
It marks Jones' second such honor in the last four weeks. He also earned the distinction on April...
No. 21 Virginia Defeats Pitt to Sweep Series
Baseball | 5/1/2016
Adam Haseley pitched eight shutout innings as the Cavaliers recorded their first series sweep of ...
No. 21 Virginia Sweeps Doubleheader at Pitt
Baseball | 4/30/2016
Winners of three straight ACC series, Virginia goes for the three-game series sweep against the...
Q&A with Ernie Clement
Baseball | 04/30/2016
Clement talked about his team's recent run against ACC teams, his outlook on the rest of the...
No. 21 Virginia Heads to Pitt for ACC Weekend Series
Baseball | 04/29/2016
Virginia and Pitt start series at 1 p.m. Saturday with doubleheader at Charles L. Cost Field.
- Online Stores