Cavaliers take series, two games to one
Novak goes 3-for-4 with home run, five RBI in victory
Cavaliers clinch series with two wins on Friday
Cavaliers score most runs in nearly six years
By Jeff White (email@example.com)
Baseball vs. Miami (By Kelsey Grant)
• Worked at least two innings in 10 of his 17 outings
• Worked 3 1/3 scoreless innings out of bullpen to earn win in UVA victory over Wagner (3/9)
• Made first start since 2014 in second game of DH against Wake Forest and matched career high with five innings pitched while striking out career-high six batters (3/18)
• Earned win with three shutout innings in start against GW (4/6)
• Fired scoreless ninth inning to finish off win at Pitt (5/1)
• Pitched in 17 games out of bullpen
• Did not allow an earned run over 6 2/3 innings in three appearances in NCAA tournament
• Pitched against Florida (6/19) and Vanderbilt (6/22) in College World Series (2 2/3 total innings)
• Worked four perfect innings from 7th through 10th to earn win in regional championship game against USC (5/31)
• Notched win in Game 3 at North Carolina with four innings of two-run relief work (5/16)
• Picked up first career save with four-inning outing against Marist (2/21)
• Made 16 appearances, with 15 coming out of bullpen
• Returned to mound May 13 vs. VCU after missing a month with back injury; also pitched to one batter Saturday at Wake Forest (5/17)
• Made first career start against Towson, going four innings without allowing an earned run (3/19)
• Had two scoreless outings in Duke series
• Worked two or more innings in five outings
• Made 20 appearances out of bullpen, spanning 32 2/3 innings
• Worked five scoreless innings out of bullpen, facing minimum of 15 batters, to earn NCAA regional win against Elon (6/2)
• Fired three scoreless innings and allowed just one hit in ACC tournament game against Virginia Tech (5/25)
• Worked 10th and 11th innings at UNC to earn win in Game 3 of series (5/18)
• Had streak of 13 straight scoreless innings snapped at UNC
• Tossed 1 1/3 scoreless innings against Virginia Tech in second game of DH (4/27)
• Pitched three scoreless innings to earn first career win against Richmond (4/23)
• Tossed scoreless inning in game 1 of series against Florida State (4/20)
• Also pitched twice in Clemson series
• Two-time all-state honoree (2010 as pitcher, 2012 as DH)
• Twice named to All-Lehigh Valley Conference team (2011, 2012)
• 2010 and 2012 all-area honoree
• Named team MVP and captain in 2012
• Coached by Matt Garza
• Played travel team baseball with Canes Baseball
• Parents are Ronald and Karen Rosenberger
'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores