Coman, Doyle and Harrington earn academic honors from ACC
Haseley honored by NCBWA and Perfect Game/Rawlings, while Doyle nabs third-team laurels from NCBWA
Smith and Haseley go back-to-back in Top 10, Doyle taken in second round
Casey works seven strong innings as UVA moves on to face TCU/CCSU winner
Haseley and Smith earn first-team honors
• Has made 61 career appearances
• Owns 17 career saves, which is tied for sixth in school history
• Selected in MLB Draft in Competitive Balance B portion of second round by Colorado Rockies (No. 70 overall)
• Third-Team All-ACC honoree (relief pitcher)
• Pitched in 23 games, recording 14 saves (tied for second in ACC and 10th in the nation)
• With 14 saves, he tied for fifth most in a single season at UVA
• Eight of his saves came in league play
• Worked more than one inning in 12 of his 23 appearances
• Pitched scoreless ninth inning to earn save against Dallas Baptist in NCAA Regional (6/3)
• Fired 2 1/3 scoreless innings to earn win in series clincher against Georgia Tech (5/20)
• Worked season-high four innings to earn save and clinch series at Florida State, allowing one run with five strikeouts (4/30)
• Picked up saves in each of UVA's one-run wins at Virginia Tech (4/13-14)
• Recorded pair of saves in Pitt series
• Pitched in 22 games, including seven starts
• Started in his first six games and seven of first eight before moving to bullpen in Boston College series; his last 14 appearances came out of bullpen
• Batters hit just .202 against him in 15 appearances out of bullpen
• Recorded three saves, all in ACC games
• Worked at least six innings in his first four starts of 2016
• Made first college start at Coastal Carolina and worked six innings of two-run baseball (2/21)
• Allowed two runs (one earned) in seven innings in win over East Carolina (2/28)
• Closed both UVA wins in UNC and Miami series
• Earned first save with two innings of relief at Miami (4/22)
• Struck out three of four batters he faced to claim save in series clincher at Miami (4/24)
• Picked up save in Game 2 of DH at Pitt (4/30)
• Pitched two perfect innings over two appearances at ACC tournament
• Pitched in 16 games out of bullpen
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Opponents batted .217 against him
• Fired 3 2/3 scoreless innings in NCAA tournament
• Worked one scoreless inning in College World Series against Florida (6/19)
• Matched career high with 2 2/3 scoreless innings against USC in championship game at NCAA Regional (5/31)
• Pitched perfect ninth inning of relief against NC State in ACC tournament (5/23)
• Missed first month of season with mononucleosis
FLINT HILL HS
• Selected by Washington Nationals in 35th round of 2014 MLB Draft
• Three-time all-state and all-conference selection
• 2014 Third-Team All-America selection by Perfect Game
• Named 2014 Co-Virginia State Player of the Year
• Earned 2014 All-Atlantic Region honors
• Was two-time All-Met selection
• Went 7-2 with 1.86 ERA, 84 strikeouts, 18 walks in 51 innings during senior season
• Set high school's school record for strikeouts in one game with 14
• Two-year team captain
• Coached by Tom Verbanic
• Also played basketball and football at Flint Hill
• Played travel team baseball with Demarini Stars
• Parents are George and Laura Doyle
• Mother played field hockey and lacrosse at Lafayette
• Has one brother, Matt, and two sisters, Claire and Katherine - each played Division I athletics; Matt played baseball at Harvard, while sisters played lacrosse at Bucknell
Williams Excited About Opportunity at UVAGeneral Release10/22/17The next athletics director at UVA will be Carla Williams, who's been a student--athlete, coach and an administrator at the University of Georgia.'Hoos Take Step Back in One-Sided LossFootball10/21/17For Virginia, which lost 41-10 to visiting Boston College on Saturday, the next opportunity to become bowl-eligible comes next weekend at Pitt.Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
Orange & Blue World Series Starts Thursday
Baseball | 10/18/2017
The Orange and Blue World Series consists of seven games, beginning Thursday (Oct. 19) and...
Virginia Opens Fall Exhibition Schedule Thursday
Baseball | 10/11/2017
Virginia hosts the Ontario Blue Jays at 3 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 12) and plays Davidson in Cary, N.C...
Virginia Baseball Announces 2018 Schedule
Baseball | 10/5/2017
UVA will play 35 games at the newly-renovated Davenport Field, including ACC series with BC,...
Jeff White: Transformation Under Way at Davenport Field
Baseball | 9/27/2017
A major renovation of Davenport Field began in June and is scheduled to be completed before UVA's...
Virginia Announces 2017 Fall Baseball Schedule
Baseball | 9/14/2017
UVA plays a home exhibition against the Ontario Blue Jays on Oct. 12, and travels to Cary, N.C., ...
Artie Lewicki to Make MLB Debut Monday with Tigers
Baseball | 09/03/2017
Lewicki is the 39th Virginia baseball player to reach Major League Baseball and the 16th Cavalier...
Cavaliers in the Pros: August Update
Baseball | 08/22/2017
Five former Cavaliers are currently playing on first-place teams as MLB heads toward final month ...
- Online Stores