Haseley and Smith earn first-team honors
Cavaliers win sixth straight ACC series
Cavaliers finish with 14-0 record in midweek games
Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
Cavaliers earn fourth straight ACC series win
• Pitched in 22 games, including seven starts
• Started in his first six games and seven of first eight before moving to bullpen in Boston College series; his last 14 appearances came out of bullpen
• Batters hit just .202 against him in 15 appearances out of bullpen
• Recorded three saves, all in ACC games
• Worked at least six innings in his first four starts of 2016
• Made first college start at Coastal Carolina and worked six innings of two-run baseball (2/21)
• Allowed two runs (one earned) in seven innings in win over East Carolina (2/28)
• Closed both UVA wins in UNC and Miami series
• Earned first save with two innings of relief at Miami (4/22)
• Struck out three of four batters he faced to claim save in series clincher at Miami (4/24)
• Picked up save in Game 2 of DH at Pitt (4/30)
• Pitched two perfect innings over two appearances at ACC tournament
• Pitched in 16 games out of bullpen
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Opponents batted .217 against him
• Fired 3 2/3 scoreless innings in NCAA tournament
• Worked one scoreless inning in College World Series against Florida (6/19)
• Matched career high with 2 2/3 scoreless innings against USC in championship game at NCAA Regional (5/31)
• Pitched perfect ninth inning of relief against NC State in ACC tournament (5/23)
• Missed first month of season with mononucleosis
FLINT HILL HS
• Selected by Washington Nationals in 35th round of 2014 MLB Draft
• Three-time all-state and all-conference selection
• 2014 Third-Team All-America selection by Perfect Game
• Named 2014 Co-Virginia State Player of the Year
• Earned 2014 All-Atlantic Region honors
• Was two-time All-Met selection
• Went 7-2 with 1.86 ERA, 84 strikeouts, 18 walks in 51 innings during senior season
• Set high school's school record for strikeouts in one game with 14
• Two-year team captain
• Coached by Tom Verbanic
• Also played basketball and football at Flint Hill
• Played travel team baseball with Demarini Stars
• Parents are George and Laura Doyle
• Mother played field hockey and lacrosse at Lafayette
• Has one brother, Matt, and two sisters, Claire and Katherine - each played or is playing Division I athletics; Matt played baseball at Harvard, while sisters each play lacrosse at Bucknell
'Hoos Looking to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball5/16/17The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them to four straight NCAA tournaments.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Six Cavaliers Named to 2017 All-ACC Team
Baseball | 5/22/2017
First-team honorees Adam Haseley and Pavin Smith highlighted six Cavaliers on the 2017 All-ACC Team.
McCarthy Named ACC Player of Week
Baseball | 5/22/2017
McCarthy had a big week, going 12-for-21 (.571) with a home run and six RBI while recording four ...
ACC Baseball Championship Schedule Announced
Baseball | 5/21/2017
Virginia plays Duke at 11 a.m. Thursday and Clemson at 11 a.m. Friday in Louisville, Ky.
No. 9 UVA Wins 10-9 at Georgia Tech to Take Series
Baseball | 5/20/2017
Virginia (41-13, 18-12 ACC) won the series, two games to one, to claim its sixth straight ACC...
No. 9 Virginia Rolls to 16-3 Win at Georgia Tech
Baseball | 5/19/2017
Virginia reached the 40-win plateau for the 11th time in head coach Brian O’Connor’s ...
No. 9 Virginia Falls at Georgia Tech, 14-7
Baseball | 5/18/2017
Adam Haseley went 4-for-5 with a home run, while Jake McCarthy added two homers and three RBI.
No. 9 Virginia Concludes Regular Season at Georgia Tech
Baseball | 05/17/2017
The Cavaliers are one victory shy of their 11th 40-win season in 14 years under Brian O’Con...
No. 9 Virginia Earns 8-3 Win Over Richmond
Baseball | 05/16/2017
Cameron Simmons hit a pair of home runs, while Bobby Nicholson worked a career-high 5 1/3 innings...
- Online Stores