Cavaliers have won six straight games, now 10-2 in ACC play
Cavaliers open 2014 season Friday (Feb. 14) against Kentucky
2013-14 class features nine student-athletes, including three MLB draftees
Irving hits two-run single in eighth inning to push Orange to win
Relive all of the excitement by browsing some of the best images from the run to the College World Series.
• Made nine appearances, including one start (March 30 at second base vs. Virginia Tech)
• Drove in run in win over Virginia Tech (3/30)
• Picked up first career hit, a single, in seventh inning against William & Mary (4/16)
• Singled and scored in win over Richmond (4/23)
SUN PRAIRIE HIGH SCHOOL
• Named First-Team All-State in 2012 (junior season)
• Did not play his senior season after suffering injury in scrimmage before season
• Three-time all-conference and all-region honoree
• Holds Sun Prairie single-season records in runs batting (.521), hits (49), runs (43), singles (34) and OBP (.628)
• Hit .521 with two homers, eight doubles, five triples and 18 stolen bases during huge junior season
• Three-year team captain and two-time team MVP and Gold Glove winner
• Named All-State Academic his junior year
• Was honorable mention all-state honoree in 2011 as sophomore
• Coached by Rob Hamilton
• Played basketball his freshman year
• Member of National Honor Society and DECA Club
• Parents are Craig and Betsy Butler
• Has one sister, Paige, and one brother, Tyler
Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange & Blue World Series Starts Thursday
Baseball | 10/18/2017
The Orange and Blue World Series consists of seven games, beginning Thursday (Oct. 19) and...
Virginia Opens Fall Exhibition Schedule Thursday
Baseball | 10/11/2017
Virginia hosts the Ontario Blue Jays at 3 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 12) and plays Davidson in Cary, N.C...
Virginia Baseball Announces 2018 Schedule
Baseball | 10/5/2017
UVA will play 35 games at the newly-renovated Davenport Field, including ACC series with BC,...
Jeff White: Transformation Under Way at Davenport Field
Baseball | 9/27/2017
A major renovation of Davenport Field began in June and is scheduled to be completed before UVA's...
Virginia Announces 2017 Fall Baseball Schedule
Baseball | 9/14/2017
UVA plays a home exhibition against the Ontario Blue Jays on Oct. 12, and travels to Cary, N.C., ...
Artie Lewicki to Make MLB Debut Monday with Tigers
Baseball | 9/3/2017
Lewicki is the 39th Virginia baseball player to reach Major League Baseball and the 16th Cavalier...
Cavaliers in the Pros: August Update
Baseball | 08/22/2017
Five former Cavaliers are currently playing on first-place teams as MLB heads toward final month ...
Virginia's Summer Baseball Wrapup
Baseball | 08/16/2017
Rising junior Daniel Lynch had a breakout summer while playing for the Orleans Firebirds and was ...
- Online Stores