Cavaliers have won six straight games, now 10-2 in ACC play
Cavaliers open 2014 season Friday (Feb. 14) against Kentucky
2013-14 class features nine student-athletes, including three MLB draftees
Irving hits two-run single in eighth inning to push Orange to win
Relive all of the excitement by browsing some of the best images from the run to the College World Series.
• Made nine appearances, including one start (March 30 at second base vs. Virginia Tech)
• Drove in run in win over Virginia Tech (3/30)
• Picked up first career hit, a single, in seventh inning against William & Mary (4/16)
• Singled and scored in win over Richmond (4/23)
SUN PRAIRIE HIGH SCHOOL
• Named First-Team All-State in 2012 (junior season)
• Did not play his senior season after suffering injury in scrimmage before season
• Three-time all-conference and all-region honoree
• Holds Sun Prairie single-season records in runs batting (.521), hits (49), runs (43), singles (34) and OBP (.628)
• Hit .521 with two homers, eight doubles, five triples and 18 stolen bases during huge junior season
• Three-year team captain and two-time team MVP and Gold Glove winner
• Named All-State Academic his junior year
• Was honorable mention all-state honoree in 2011 as sophomore
• Coached by Rob Hamilton
• Played basketball his freshman year
• Member of National Honor Society and DECA Club
• Parents are Craig and Betsy Butler
• Has one sister, Paige, and one brother, Tyler
Blount Eager to Assume Larger RoleFootball3/21/18The job will not be handed to rising sophomore Joey Blount. He'll have to earn it. This is head coach Bronco Mendenhall's program, after all. But after spending the 2017 season as free safety Quin Blanding's understudy, Blount is the leading candidate to take over in the secondary for the University of Virginia's all-time leading tackler.'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hurricanes Take Series Opener in Extras
Baseball | 3/24/2018
Miami produced a walk-off, bases loaded single in the bottom of the 11th inning to take the...
Virginia Travels to Miami for Weekend ACC Series
Baseball | 3/22/2018
No. 24 Virginia will begin a three-game Atlantic Coast Conference series at Miam on Friday at 7.p...
ACC Play Resumes for No. 21 Virginia
Baseball | 3/15/2018
No. 21 Virginia will play its first home ACC series this weekend when it hosts BC at Disharoon...
No. 21 Virginia Drops Series Opener to BC
Baseball | 3/16/2018
Boston College scored five of the game’s last six runs in a 6-2 series opening victory over...
Game Two Start Time Moved to 3:30 p.m.
Baseball | 3/17/2018
The first pitch of Saturday’s (March 17) ACC game against Boston College has been moved to ...
Cavaliers Even Series with Boston College
Baseball | 3/17/2018
A five-run, seventh inning and a career day from Daniel Lynch helped Virginia to even the series ...
No. 21 Virginia Clinches Series in Walk-off Fashion
Baseball | 03/18/2018
Virginia scored three runs in the bottom of the 10th inning as part of a 10-9 series-clinching...
No. 24 Virginia Hosts Towson in Midweek Series
Baseball | 03/19/2018
No. 24 Virginia will host Towson in a two-game midweek series beginning on Tuesday and concluding...
- Online Stores