Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
Smith and Haseley combine for three homers, 10 RBI in big Tuesday win
Cavaliers limit Tigers to two hits to complete midweek series sweep
O’Connor becomes winningest coach in program history with 595th career win
Bullpen works 6 1/3 scoreless innings in victory
• Pitched in six games out of bullpen
• Worked scoreless inning of relief against Notre Dame (4/21)
• Worked in 24 games out of bullpen, accumulating 50 1/3 innings
• After allowing eight earned runs in first four games (4 2/3 IP), he recorded 13 1/3 straight scoreless innings in four games from March 9-26
• Worked 3 1/3 scoreless innings and earned win as UVA rallied to win at Duke (3/12)
• Pitched four scoreless innings to wrap up game and earn the win against Wake Forest (3/18)
• Worked two scoreless innings of relief to earn win against Longwood (4/13)
• Allowed only one baserunner in four innings of relief against Radford to earn first save (4/19)
• Worked 4 1/3 scoreless innings in back-to-back Tuesday outings to pick up wins at Old Dominion (4/26) and Liberty (5/3)
ST. PETERSBURG COLLEGE
• Named Second-Team All-Conference in 2015
• Went 6-2 with 2.77 ERA and just 13 walks in 78 innings
• Also fired two complete games
• Coached by Ryan Beckman
VENICE HIGH SCHOOL
• Member of back-to-back state championship teams in 2012 and 2013
• Coached by Craig Faulkner
• Member of Spanish Honor Society
• Played travel team baseball with Florida Burn
• Parents are John and Stephanie Shambora
• Has two older brothers, Douglas and Dennis, and one younger sister, Isabella
Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.Resilient 'Hoos Keep Finding Ways to WinFootball10/14/17With a 20-14 victory Saturday over North Carolina at Kenan Stadium, Virginia stretched its winning streak to four games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Opens Fall Exhibition Schedule Thursday
Baseball | 10/11/2017
Virginia hosts the Ontario Blue Jays at 3 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 12) and plays Davidson in Cary, N.C...
Virginia Baseball Announces 2018 Schedule
Baseball | 10/5/2017
UVA will play 35 games at the newly-renovated Davenport Field, including ACC series with BC,...
Jeff White: Transformation Under Way at Davenport Field
Baseball | 9/27/2017
A major renovation of Davenport Field began in June and is scheduled to be completed before UVA's...
Virginia Announces 2017 Fall Baseball Schedule
Baseball | 9/14/2017
UVA plays a home exhibition against the Ontario Blue Jays on Oct. 12, and travels to Cary, N.C., ...
Artie Lewicki to Make MLB Debut Monday with Tigers
Baseball | 9/3/2017
Lewicki is the 39th Virginia baseball player to reach Major League Baseball and the 16th Cavalier...
Cavaliers in the Pros: August Update
Baseball | 8/22/2017
Five former Cavaliers are currently playing on first-place teams as MLB heads toward final month ...
Virginia's Summer Baseball Wrapup
Baseball | 08/16/2017
Rising junior Daniel Lynch had a breakout summer while playing for the Orleans Firebirds and was ...
Jeff White: UVA Greats Enjoying Reunion in D.C.
Baseball | 07/28/2017
Ryan Zimmerman and Sean Doolittle, who were teammates at UVA in 2005, now play together on the...
- Online Stores