Cavaliers limit Tigers to two hits to complete midweek series sweep
O’Connor becomes winningest coach in program history with 595th career win
Bullpen works 6 1/3 scoreless innings in victory
Cavaliers score eight unanswered runs as bullpen tosses seven shutout innings
Sousa and Shambora scatter four hits in Tuesday night win
• Worked in 24 games out of bullpen, accumulating 50 1/3 innings
• After allowing eight earned runs in first four games (4 2/3 IP), he recorded 13 1/3 straight scoreless innings in four games from March 9-26
• Worked 3 1/3 scoreless innings and earned win as UVA rallied to win at Duke (3/12)
• Pitched four scoreless innings to wrap up game and earn the win against Wake Forest (3/18)
• Worked two scoreless innings of relief to earn win against Longwood (4/13)
• Allowed only one baserunner in four innings of relief against Radford to earn first save (4/19)
• Worked 4 1/3 scoreless innings in back-to-back Tuesday outings to pick up wins at Old Dominion (4/26) and Liberty (5/3)
• Named Second-Team All-Conference in 2015
• Went 6-2 with 2.77 ERA and just 13 walks in 78 innings
• Also fired two complete games
• Coached by Ryan Beckman
• Member of back-to-back state championship teams in 2012 and 2013
• Coached by Craig Faulkner
• Member of Spanish Honor Society
• Played travel team baseball with Florida Burn
• Parents are John and Stephanie Shambora
• Has two older brothers, Douglas and Dennis, and one younger sister, Isabella
O-Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 16 UVA Welcomes Duke for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Game 1 is slated for 4 p.m. Friday, with 1 p.m. contests on Saturday and Sunday to follow.
Jeff White: Weber Hitting Right Notes on Diamond
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this...
No. 16 Virginia Baseball Topples Towson, 8-4
Baseball | 3/22/2017
Eight Virginia pitchers combined to limit Towson to two hits in the win as the Cavaliers improved...
No. 16 Virginia Picks Up 3-2 Win Over Towson
Baseball | 3/21/2017
The Cavaliers got two hits apiece from Jake McCarthy and Ernie Clement, while three UVA pitchers ...
No. 16 Virginia Tangles With Towson in Two-Game Series
Baseball | 3/20/2017
Virginia Drops Series to Clemson with 12-1 Sunday Loss
Baseball | 3/19/2017
For the second day in a row, Clemson jumped out to an early lead and used it cruise to a 12-1 win...
Hoos' Rally Falls Short in 7-6 Loss at Clemson
Baseball | 03/18/2017
Despite a late-game rally, the No. 11 Virginia baseball team lost the second contest of its three...
Lynch Stellar on Mound in UVA's 2-0 Win at Clemson
Baseball | 03/17/2017
The No. 11 Virginia baseball team used an outstanding pitching performance by sophomore Daniel...
- Online Stores