Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
Smith and Haseley combine for three homers, 10 RBI in big Tuesday win
Cavaliers limit Tigers to two hits to complete midweek series sweep
O’Connor becomes winningest coach in program history with 595th career win
Bullpen works 6 1/3 scoreless innings in victory
• Worked in 24 games out of bullpen, accumulating 50 1/3 innings
• After allowing eight earned runs in first four games (4 2/3 IP), he recorded 13 1/3 straight scoreless innings in four games from March 9-26
• Worked 3 1/3 scoreless innings and earned win as UVA rallied to win at Duke (3/12)
• Pitched four scoreless innings to wrap up game and earn the win against Wake Forest (3/18)
• Worked two scoreless innings of relief to earn win against Longwood (4/13)
• Allowed only one baserunner in four innings of relief against Radford to earn first save (4/19)
• Worked 4 1/3 scoreless innings in back-to-back Tuesday outings to pick up wins at Old Dominion (4/26) and Liberty (5/3)
• Named Second-Team All-Conference in 2015
• Went 6-2 with 2.77 ERA and just 13 walks in 78 innings
• Also fired two complete games
• Coached by Ryan Beckman
• Member of back-to-back state championship teams in 2012 and 2013
• Coached by Craig Faulkner
• Member of Spanish Honor Society
• Played travel team baseball with Florida Burn
• Parents are John and Stephanie Shambora
• Has two older brothers, Douglas and Dennis, and one younger sister, Isabella
'Hoos Looking to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball5/16/17The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them to four straight NCAA tournaments.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Six Cavaliers Named to 2017 All-ACC Team
Baseball | 5/22/2017
First-team honorees Adam Haseley and Pavin Smith highlighted six Cavaliers on the 2017 All-ACC Team.
McCarthy Named ACC Player of Week
Baseball | 5/22/2017
McCarthy had a big week, going 12-for-21 (.571) with a home run and six RBI while recording four ...
ACC Baseball Championship Schedule Announced
Baseball | 5/21/2017
Virginia plays Duke at 11 a.m. Thursday and Clemson at 11 a.m. Friday in Louisville, Ky.
No. 9 UVA Wins 10-9 at Georgia Tech to Take Series
Baseball | 5/20/2017
Virginia (41-13, 18-12 ACC) won the series, two games to one, to claim its sixth straight ACC...
No. 9 Virginia Rolls to 16-3 Win at Georgia Tech
Baseball | 5/19/2017
Virginia reached the 40-win plateau for the 11th time in head coach Brian O’Connor’s ...
No. 9 Virginia Falls at Georgia Tech, 14-7
Baseball | 5/18/2017
Adam Haseley went 4-for-5 with a home run, while Jake McCarthy added two homers and three RBI.
No. 9 Virginia Concludes Regular Season at Georgia Tech
Baseball | 05/17/2017
The Cavaliers are one victory shy of their 11th 40-win season in 14 years under Brian O’Con...
No. 9 Virginia Earns 8-3 Win Over Richmond
Baseball | 05/16/2017
Cameron Simmons hit a pair of home runs, while Bobby Nicholson worked a career-high 5 1/3 innings...
- Online Stores