Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
Smith and Haseley combine for three homers, 10 RBI in big Tuesday win
Cavaliers limit Tigers to two hits to complete midweek series sweep
O’Connor becomes winningest coach in program history with 595th career win
Bullpen works 6 1/3 scoreless innings in victory
• Pitched in six games out of bullpen
• Worked scoreless inning of relief against Notre Dame (4/21)
• Worked in 24 games out of bullpen, accumulating 50 1/3 innings
• After allowing eight earned runs in first four games (4 2/3 IP), he recorded 13 1/3 straight scoreless innings in four games from March 9-26
• Worked 3 1/3 scoreless innings and earned win as UVA rallied to win at Duke (3/12)
• Pitched four scoreless innings to wrap up game and earn the win against Wake Forest (3/18)
• Worked two scoreless innings of relief to earn win against Longwood (4/13)
• Allowed only one baserunner in four innings of relief against Radford to earn first save (4/19)
• Worked 4 1/3 scoreless innings in back-to-back Tuesday outings to pick up wins at Old Dominion (4/26) and Liberty (5/3)
ST. PETERSBURG COLLEGE
• Named Second-Team All-Conference in 2015
• Went 6-2 with 2.77 ERA and just 13 walks in 78 innings
• Also fired two complete games
• Coached by Ryan Beckman
VENICE HIGH SCHOOL
• Member of back-to-back state championship teams in 2012 and 2013
• Coached by Craig Faulkner
• Member of Spanish Honor Society
• Played travel team baseball with Florida Burn
• Parents are John and Stephanie Shambora
• Has two older brothers, Douglas and Dennis, and one younger sister, Isabella
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia-Towson Midweek Series Cancelled
Baseball | 3/20/2018
The Virginia-Towson midweek baseball series, scheduled to take place on Tuesday (March 20) and...
No. 21 Virginia Clinches Series in Walk-off Fashion
Baseball | 3/18/2018
Virginia scored three runs in the bottom of the 10th inning as part of a 10-9 series-clinching...
Cavaliers Even Series with Boston College
Baseball | 3/17/2018
A five-run, seventh inning and a career day from Daniel Lynch helped Virginia to even the series ...
Game Two Start Time Moved to 3:30 p.m.
Baseball | 3/17/2018
The first pitch of Saturday’s (March 17) ACC game against Boston College has been moved to ...
No. 21 Virginia Drops Series Opener to BC
Baseball | 3/16/2018
Boston College scored five of the game’s last six runs in a 6-2 series opening victory over...
ACC Play Resumes for No. 21 Virginia
Baseball | 3/15/2018
No. 21 Virginia will play its first home ACC series this weekend when it hosts BC at Disharoon...
No. 24 Virginia Hosts Towson in Midweek Series
Baseball | 03/19/2018
No. 24 Virginia will host Towson in a two-game midweek series beginning on Tuesday and concluding...
No. 21 Virginia Walks Off Against JMU
Baseball | 03/14/2018
Tanner Morris delivered a bases loaded sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning in a 3-2...
- Online Stores