Crowd of over 1,000 watches as NCAA champions receive rings
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Waddell earns honor for second time, while Woodruff claims his first
Cavaliers and Commodores play for national championship at 8 p.m. Wednesday
By Jeff White (email@example.com)
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt (CWS Game 2 - 06/23/15)
Virginia vs. Vanderbilt in the CWS Finals
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
The team defeated Arkansas, 5-3 in the first round of the College World Series at Ameritrade Park in Omaha, Nebraska.
Baseball vs. Miami (By Kelsey Grant)
• Earned Elite 89 Award (highest GPA among all players competing at 2015 College World Series)
• Named to All-ACC Academic Baseball Team and ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 39 games, making 13 starts (eight in left field, three in right field, two at second base)
• Played in eight NCAA tournament games
• Went 3-for-4 with three singles in Game 2 start in CWS Finals against Vanderbilt (6/23); hit two-run single with two outs in sixth inning
• Scored game-tying run in ninth inning of Game 2 of super regional against Maryland (6/6)
• Appeared in all three regional games as a defensive replacement in left field
• Recorded career-best four hits and scored three runs in win against James Madison (4/8)
• Earned bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering on May 17
• Appeared in 11 games off bench
• Scored winning runs in each of UVa's walk-off wins to begin College World Series
• Scored from third base on Daniel Pinero's sacrifice fly in bottom of 15th inning in UVa's 3-2 walk-off win over TCU (6/19)
• Scored from second on Mike Papi's game-winning double in ninth inning against Ole Miss (6/17)
• Pinch ran in ninth inning and scored run at Wake Forest (5/17)
• Singled and scored in win over Richmond (4/24)
• Singled and drove in run against William & Mary (4/16)
• Doubled in win over Princeton (3/20)
• Pinch ran and recorded first career stolen base at Duke (3/8)
• Appeared in seven games as pinch hitter
• Drew pair of walks during the season
• Picked up RBI in win over Duke (5/11)
• Appeared in six games
• Walked and scored a run in his first career appearance, a win over Monmouth (2/26)
• Posted first career hit vs. Marist (3/14), a pinch-hit RBI double
• Three-time Liberty District All-Conference honoree
• Named First-Team All-District at utility in 2011, second-team at shortstop in 2010 and honorable mention in 2009
• Hit .400 with just two strikeouts his senior season
• Named team's MVP in 2011 and Defensive Player of the Year in 2010
• Two-time Captain as well as two-time Coach's Award honoree
• Four-year letterwinner
• Four-time Scholar Athlete honoree
• Played for David Gardziel at Thomas Jefferson
• Named to National Honor Society
• Earned National Latin Exam Scholarship and was Latin Honor Society Vice President his senior year
• Parents are Bob and Susan Woodruff
• Has sister, Hannah, and brother, Daniel
DiCamillo's Legacy Secure at UVAWrestling3/1/17At the ACC wrestling tournament Saturday, 141-pounder George DiCamillo will try to become the first four-time conference champion in UVA history.Cavaliers Celebrate Special Win at JPJMen's Basketball2/28/17One regular-season game remains for No. 23 Virginia, which hosts Pitt at noon Saturday at JPJ. UVA upsetNo. 5 North Carolina 53-43 on Monday night.Cavaliers Shift Focus to ACC TourneyWomen's Basketball2/27/17In the ACC tournament, No. 8 Virginia, which has a first-round bye, meets No. 9 seed Wake Forest at 2 p.m. Thursday in Conway, S.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 12 Virginia Downs William & Mary, 11-3
Baseball | 2/28/2017
The Cavaliers (8-0) have scored at least seven runs and put up at least 11 hits in each of their...
Tuesday UVA-William & Mary Game Moved to 2:30 p.m.
Baseball | 2/28/2017
The Tuesday Virginia-W&M game has been moved to a 2:30 p.m. start time because of a forecast for ...
No. 12 Virginia Plays Host to William & Mary Tuesday
Baseball | 2/27/2017
No. 12 Virginia entertains William & Mary at 3 p.m. Tuesday (Feb. 28) at Davenport Field.
No. 13 UVA Blows Past Rutgers, 18-2, to Sweep Series
Baseball | 2/26/2017
VSTV Highlights | Virginia (7-0) swept the three-game series, outscoring the Scarlet Knights 37...
No. 13 Virginia Rolls Past Rutgers, 12-4
Baseball | 2/25/2017
In scoring at least seven runs for the sixth straight game, Virginia piled up a season-high 15 hits.
Haseley, Coman Power UVA to 7-3 Win Over Rutgers
Baseball | 2/24/2017
Haseley and Coman became the first Virginia duo to hit two homers in the same game since 2001.
Saturday UVA-Rutgers Game Moved to 3 p.m. Start Time
Baseball | 02/25/2017
The start time has been moved to 3 p.m. because of a forecast for inclement weather.
Virginia Takes on Rutgers This Weekend at Davenport Field
Baseball | 02/23/2017
The teams open the series at 4 p.m. Friday and also play at 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Online Stores