May 31, 2013
ELON POST-GAME NOTES
• Elon is making its sixth NCAA Tournament appearance and now has a 4-10 all-time NCAA postseason record
• The Phoenix extended its winning streak to six games, marking its longest of the season
• Elon won its first game of a NCAA Regional for the second time in six appearances (2006)
• The Phoenix scored in 10 or more runs for the third time in 14 NCAA Tournament games (two of those games have come vs. UNCW)
• The victory marked the first time Elon has won an NCAA Tournament game when scoring 10 or more runs runs (1-2)
• The Phoenix scored at least 10 runs for the 12th time this season
• Elon had four players with two hits
• Antonio Alvarez had two doubles and now has 16 for the season (first time in his career with two doubles in a game)
• Alvarez's four RBIs were one-shy of his career high
• Wil Leathers' pinch-hit home run in the 6th inning was Elon's first pinch-hit home run since April 3, 2011
• Leathers' home run was his third of the season and the first hit in the 2013 Charlottesville Regional
• Alex Swim's triple in the 2nd inning was his team-leading sixth of the season
• Andrew MacDonald picked up the win and improved to 5-1 this season after throwing 3.1 innings of shutout relief
Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.Billiard's Return Energizes CavaliersWomen's Volleyball11/14/17Virginia has won three of its past six matches with freshman Sarah Billiard in the lineup. Billiard missed 10 matches while recovering from a knee injury.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores