May 31, 2013
ELON POST-GAME NOTES
• Elon is making its sixth NCAA Tournament appearance and now has a 4-10 all-time NCAA postseason record
• The Phoenix extended its winning streak to six games, marking its longest of the season
• Elon won its first game of a NCAA Regional for the second time in six appearances (2006)
• The Phoenix scored in 10 or more runs for the third time in 14 NCAA Tournament games (two of those games have come vs. UNCW)
• The victory marked the first time Elon has won an NCAA Tournament game when scoring 10 or more runs runs (1-2)
• The Phoenix scored at least 10 runs for the 12th time this season
• Elon had four players with two hits
• Antonio Alvarez had two doubles and now has 16 for the season (first time in his career with two doubles in a game)
• Alvarez's four RBIs were one-shy of his career high
• Wil Leathers' pinch-hit home run in the 6th inning was Elon's first pinch-hit home run since April 3, 2011
• Leathers' home run was his third of the season and the first hit in the 2013 Charlottesville Regional
• Alex Swim's triple in the 2nd inning was his team-leading sixth of the season
• Andrew MacDonald picked up the win and improved to 5-1 this season after throwing 3.1 innings of shutout relief
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Falls to No. 9 Florida State in Extra Innings
Baseball | 5/22/2018
No. 9 Florida State prevailed, 3-2 in the bottom of the 11th inning with a walk-off single at the...
Virginia Begins ACC Tournament Play Tuesday
Baseball | 5/21/2018
No. 10 seed Virginia will begin its play in the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship on Tuesday
Four Cavaliers Earn All-ACC Accolades
Baseball | 5/21/2018
Second baseman Andy Weber earned First Team All-ACC honors for the first time in his career.
Dates, Times Announced For ACC Baseball Championship
Baseball | 5/20/2018
Virginia will begin play in the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship on Tuesday (May 22).
Wake Forest Outlasts Virginia in Regular Season Finale
Baseball | 5/19/2018
Wake Forest scored runs in all but one turn at the plate in a 18-12 victory over Virginia.
Virginia Evens Series at Wake Forest
Baseball | 5/18/2018
Virginia scored a season-high 15 runs, including nine in the ninth to even the series at Wake...
Former Cavalier Seeks to Return to the Field, as a Coach
Baseball | 05/18/2018
A former Cavalier and pro baseball player, Branden Cogswell is set to complete his undergraduate ...
Virginia Falls to Wake Forest in Series Opener
Baseball | 05/17/2018
Wake Forest took the opener of a three-game ACC series, 7-3 against Virginia behind three home runs.
- Online Stores