May 31, 2013
ELON POST-GAME NOTES
• Elon is making its sixth NCAA Tournament appearance and now has a 4-10 all-time NCAA postseason record
• The Phoenix extended its winning streak to six games, marking its longest of the season
• Elon won its first game of a NCAA Regional for the second time in six appearances (2006)
• The Phoenix scored in 10 or more runs for the third time in 14 NCAA Tournament games (two of those games have come vs. UNCW)
• The victory marked the first time Elon has won an NCAA Tournament game when scoring 10 or more runs runs (1-2)
• The Phoenix scored at least 10 runs for the 12th time this season
• Elon had four players with two hits
• Antonio Alvarez had two doubles and now has 16 for the season (first time in his career with two doubles in a game)
• Alvarez's four RBIs were one-shy of his career high
• Wil Leathers' pinch-hit home run in the 6th inning was Elon's first pinch-hit home run since April 3, 2011
• Leathers' home run was his third of the season and the first hit in the 2013 Charlottesville Regional
• Alex Swim's triple in the 2nd inning was his team-leading sixth of the season
• Andrew MacDonald picked up the win and improved to 5-1 this season after throwing 3.1 innings of shutout relief
'Hoos Make Statement With Resounding WinFootball9/23/17On the blue turf of Albertsons Stadium, where Boise State rarely loses, Virginia rolled a 42-23 victory Friday night in a game shown on ESPN2.Dreams Coming True for Opoku at UVAMen's Soccer9/22/17Edward Opoku, a native of Ghana, is the leading scorer for No. 9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 North Carolina on Friday night at Klöckner Stadium.Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces 2017 Fall Baseball Schedule
Baseball | 9/14/2017
UVA plays a home exhibition against the Ontario Blue Jays on Oct. 12, and travels to Cary, N.C., ...
Artie Lewicki to Make MLB Debut Monday with Tigers
Baseball | 9/3/2017
Lewicki is the 39th Virginia baseball player to reach Major League Baseball and the 16th Cavalier...
Cavaliers in the Pros: August Update
Baseball | 8/22/2017
Five former Cavaliers are currently playing on first-place teams as MLB heads toward final month ...
Virginia's Summer Baseball Wrapup
Baseball | 8/16/2017
Rising junior Daniel Lynch had a breakout summer while playing for the Orleans Firebirds and was ...
Jeff White: UVA Greats Enjoying Reunion in D.C.
Baseball | 7/28/2017
Ryan Zimmerman and Sean Doolittle, who were teammates at UVA in 2005, now play together on the...
Cavaliers in the Pros: All-Star Break Update
Baseball | 7/12/2017
For the third straight season, 11 former Virginia baseball players have seen time at the Major...
Summer Baseball Update
Baseball | 07/11/2017
Virginia's Bobby Nicholson (NECBL) and Grant Donahue (PGCBL) each were named their respective...
Three Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Baseball | 06/29/2017
Robbie Coman, Tommy Doyle and Chesdin Harrington each were named to the all-academic team for the...
- Online Stores