2013 NCAA Division I Baseball Regional • Game 5
June 2, 2013 • 1 p.m.
Elon (34-29) vs. UNC Wilmington (38-23)
UNCW POST-GAME NOTES
• UNC Wilmington made its sixth all-time NCAA Tournament appearance
• The Seahawks are now 9-12 in the NCAA Tournament after being eliminated from the 2013 Charlottesville Regional • UNCW concluded its season with seven losses in its last eight games
• The Seahawks were 12-of-19 (.632) in offensive advancement opportunities
• Two Seahawks extended hitting streaks: Dick (6), LaGrange (6)
• UNCW's 1-3 hitters were 4-of-12 (.333) with three RBI and one run scored, while the rest of the lineup was 5-of-22 (.227)
• Corey Dick went 7-of-13 (.538) with three RBI and one home run in the Charlottesville Regional
ELON POST-GAME NOTES
• For the first time in school history, Elon has won two games in an NCAA regional and advanced to a regional championship game
• Elon won both NCAA regional games vs. UNCW this season after losing both regular-season games against the Seahawks
• In both wins vs. UNCW in the regional, Elon rallied from down two or more runs (trailed by three in the first game of the regional)
• Elon is making its sixth NCAA Tournament appearance and now has a 5-11 all-time NCAA postseason record
• Elon’s three-run, eighth-inning rally to take the lead came after the first two batters of the inning were retired
• The Phoenix had five players record multi-hit games (Q. Bower, Gomez, Jones, Alvarez, Bresnahan)
• Casey Jones (3-3) tied a career high with three hits and had his 11th multi-hit game of the season
• Sebastian Gomez (2-3) had his 22nd multi-hit game of the season
• Chris Bresnahan (2-3) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 10th of the season
• Antonio Alvarez (2-4) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 15th of the season
• Quinn Bower (2-4) had his 16th multi-hit game of the season
• Starting pitcher Dylan Clark failed to record a strikeout for the first time this season (13 appearances, 12 starts)
• Ryan Pennell got the win after pitching two inning of one-hit relief
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Meyer Inks Free Agent Deal with Giants
Baseball | 6/20/2018
Virginia reliever Mack Meyer signed a minor league contract with the San Francisco Giants.
Weber Receives ABCA First Team All-Region Nod
Baseball | 6/13/2018
Junior second baseman Andy Weber earned ABCA/Rawlings First Team All-Region honors
Cavaliers Compete Collegiate Baseball Summer Leagues
Baseball | 6/12/2018
Find out where 15 current Virginia baseball players will be compete in collegiate summer leagues ...
Simmons Selected on Final Day of MLB Draft
Baseball | 6/6/2018
Junior outfielder Cameron Simmons was picked by the Texas Rangers in the 15th round of the 2018...
Abbott Earns Freshman All-America Honors
Baseball | 6/6/2018
Andrew Abbott was listed on the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper Freshman All-America Team.
Three Cavaliers Selected on Day Two of MLB Draft
Baseball | 6/5/2018
Andy Weber, Derek Casey and Bennett Sousa were selected on the second day of the 2018 MLB Draft
Pair of Cavaliers Selected on First Day of MLB Draft
Baseball | 06/04/2018
Juniors Daniel Lynch (34th overall) and Jake McCarthy (39th overall) were each selected on day...
Weber Garners All-America Honors
Baseball | 05/31/2018
Virginia second baseman Andy Weber listed on Collegiate Baseball All-America Team.
- Online Stores