2013 NCAA Division I Baseball Regional • Game 5
June 2, 2013 • 1 p.m.
Elon (34-29) vs. UNC Wilmington (38-23)
UNCW POST-GAME NOTES
• UNC Wilmington made its sixth all-time NCAA Tournament appearance
• The Seahawks are now 9-12 in the NCAA Tournament after being eliminated from the 2013 Charlottesville Regional • UNCW concluded its season with seven losses in its last eight games
• The Seahawks were 12-of-19 (.632) in offensive advancement opportunities
• Two Seahawks extended hitting streaks: Dick (6), LaGrange (6)
• UNCW's 1-3 hitters were 4-of-12 (.333) with three RBI and one run scored, while the rest of the lineup was 5-of-22 (.227)
• Corey Dick went 7-of-13 (.538) with three RBI and one home run in the Charlottesville Regional
ELON POST-GAME NOTES
• For the first time in school history, Elon has won two games in an NCAA regional and advanced to a regional championship game
• Elon won both NCAA regional games vs. UNCW this season after losing both regular-season games against the Seahawks
• In both wins vs. UNCW in the regional, Elon rallied from down two or more runs (trailed by three in the first game of the regional)
• Elon is making its sixth NCAA Tournament appearance and now has a 5-11 all-time NCAA postseason record
• Elon’s three-run, eighth-inning rally to take the lead came after the first two batters of the inning were retired
• The Phoenix had five players record multi-hit games (Q. Bower, Gomez, Jones, Alvarez, Bresnahan)
• Casey Jones (3-3) tied a career high with three hits and had his 11th multi-hit game of the season
• Sebastian Gomez (2-3) had his 22nd multi-hit game of the season
• Chris Bresnahan (2-3) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 10th of the season
• Antonio Alvarez (2-4) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 15th of the season
• Quinn Bower (2-4) had his 16th multi-hit game of the season
• Starting pitcher Dylan Clark failed to record a strikeout for the first time this season (13 appearances, 12 starts)
• Ryan Pennell got the win after pitching two inning of one-hit relief
Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.Billiard's Return Energizes CavaliersWomen's Volleyball11/14/17Virginia has won three of its past six matches with freshman Sarah Billiard in the lineup. Billiard missed 10 matches while recovering from a knee injury.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores