2013 NCAA Division I Baseball Regional • Game 5
June 2, 2013 • 1 p.m.
Elon (34-29) vs. UNC Wilmington (38-23)
UNCW POST-GAME NOTES
• UNC Wilmington made its sixth all-time NCAA Tournament appearance
• The Seahawks are now 9-12 in the NCAA Tournament after being eliminated from the 2013 Charlottesville Regional • UNCW concluded its season with seven losses in its last eight games
• The Seahawks were 12-of-19 (.632) in offensive advancement opportunities
• Two Seahawks extended hitting streaks: Dick (6), LaGrange (6)
• UNCW's 1-3 hitters were 4-of-12 (.333) with three RBI and one run scored, while the rest of the lineup was 5-of-22 (.227)
• Corey Dick went 7-of-13 (.538) with three RBI and one home run in the Charlottesville Regional
ELON POST-GAME NOTES
• For the first time in school history, Elon has won two games in an NCAA regional and advanced to a regional championship game
• Elon won both NCAA regional games vs. UNCW this season after losing both regular-season games against the Seahawks
• In both wins vs. UNCW in the regional, Elon rallied from down two or more runs (trailed by three in the first game of the regional)
• Elon is making its sixth NCAA Tournament appearance and now has a 5-11 all-time NCAA postseason record
• Elon’s three-run, eighth-inning rally to take the lead came after the first two batters of the inning were retired
• The Phoenix had five players record multi-hit games (Q. Bower, Gomez, Jones, Alvarez, Bresnahan)
• Casey Jones (3-3) tied a career high with three hits and had his 11th multi-hit game of the season
• Sebastian Gomez (2-3) had his 22nd multi-hit game of the season
• Chris Bresnahan (2-3) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 10th of the season
• Antonio Alvarez (2-4) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 15th of the season
• Quinn Bower (2-4) had his 16th multi-hit game of the season
• Starting pitcher Dylan Clark failed to record a strikeout for the first time this season (13 appearances, 12 starts)
• Ryan Pennell got the win after pitching two inning of one-hit relief
Afamefuna Thriving in New RoleMen's Soccer4/24/17After making the ACC's All-Freshman team as a defender last fall, Virginia's Robin Afamefuna is looking to contribute more at the attacking end this year.'Hoos Head Into Postseason on High NoteWomen's Lacrosse4/22/17In its regular-season finale, Virginia clinched the No. 3 seed in the ACC tournament with a 6-5 win over Virginia Tech at Klöckner Stadium.Coleman Making Most of OpportunityFootball4/21/17Lester Coleman, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, has emerged as a strong candidate to succeed Nicholas Conte as Virginia's punter.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 10 Virginia Plays Host to Radford Tuesday
Baseball | 4/24/2017
No. 11 Virginia Dominates Notre Dame, 9-0, to Win Series
Baseball | 4/22/2017
Noah Murdock and Alec Bettinger combined on a five-hit shutout as UVA picked up its third...
No. 11 Virginia Splits DH With Notre Dame
Baseball | 4/22/2017
Please note: The series finale Saturday has been moved to an 11 a.m. start time because of...
No. 11 Virginia Welcomes Notre Dame for ACC Series
Baseball | 4/20/2017
The original schedule has been altered, and the teams will play a doubleheader Friday, followed...
Schedule Altered for Virginia-Notre Dame Series
Baseball | 4/20/2017
The teams will play at doubleheader at 4 p.m. Friday. The series finale will be played at 4 p.m. ...
Lynch Dazzles as No. 11 Virginia Tops JMU, 7-2
Baseball | 4/19/2017
Lynch scattered six hits in his first career complete game as Virginia won for the 10th time in...
No. 11 Virginia Cruises Past Longwood, 13-2
Baseball | 04/18/2017
The Cavaliers limited Longwood to two hits while three UVA pitchers combined to strike out 14...
No. 11 Virginia Plays Host to Longwood, JMU
Baseball | 04/17/2017
Virginia plays host to Longwood Tuesday and James Madison Wednesday at Davenport Field. First...
- Online Stores