2013 NCAA Division I Baseball Regional • Game 5
June 2, 2013 • 1 p.m.
Elon (34-29) vs. UNC Wilmington (38-23)
UNCW POST-GAME NOTES
• UNC Wilmington made its sixth all-time NCAA Tournament appearance
• The Seahawks are now 9-12 in the NCAA Tournament after being eliminated from the 2013 Charlottesville Regional • UNCW concluded its season with seven losses in its last eight games
• The Seahawks were 12-of-19 (.632) in offensive advancement opportunities
• Two Seahawks extended hitting streaks: Dick (6), LaGrange (6)
• UNCW's 1-3 hitters were 4-of-12 (.333) with three RBI and one run scored, while the rest of the lineup was 5-of-22 (.227)
• Corey Dick went 7-of-13 (.538) with three RBI and one home run in the Charlottesville Regional
ELON POST-GAME NOTES
• For the first time in school history, Elon has won two games in an NCAA regional and advanced to a regional championship game
• Elon won both NCAA regional games vs. UNCW this season after losing both regular-season games against the Seahawks
• In both wins vs. UNCW in the regional, Elon rallied from down two or more runs (trailed by three in the first game of the regional)
• Elon is making its sixth NCAA Tournament appearance and now has a 5-11 all-time NCAA postseason record
• Elon’s three-run, eighth-inning rally to take the lead came after the first two batters of the inning were retired
• The Phoenix had five players record multi-hit games (Q. Bower, Gomez, Jones, Alvarez, Bresnahan)
• Casey Jones (3-3) tied a career high with three hits and had his 11th multi-hit game of the season
• Sebastian Gomez (2-3) had his 22nd multi-hit game of the season
• Chris Bresnahan (2-3) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 10th of the season
• Antonio Alvarez (2-4) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 15th of the season
• Quinn Bower (2-4) had his 16th multi-hit game of the season
• Starting pitcher Dylan Clark failed to record a strikeout for the first time this season (13 appearances, 12 starts)
• Ryan Pennell got the win after pitching two inning of one-hit relief
'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Ozzie Smith Headlines 2017 Step Up to the Plate
Baseball | 11/4/2016
The 15th annual event will be held Saturday, Jan. 28, at John Paul Jones Arena.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/1/2016
McCarthy's 3-run home run breaks 2-2 tie and leads Orange to series-clinching win.
Blue Wins Games 5 and 6, Forces Deciding Game 7
Baseball | 10/29/2016
Blue wins Game 5, 8-7, and Game 6, 8-1, to win second series and set up a deciding Game 7 on Sunday.
Orange Claims Game 4, 8-3
Baseball | 10/24/2016
Ernie Clement hit two home runs as the Orange team earned an 8-3 win in the first game of the...
Orange Downs Blue 8-1, Takes First Series
Baseball | 10/19/2016
The Orange team clinched the first three-game series of the 2016 Orange & Blue World Series with ...
Orange Holds Off Blue in Game 1, 8-6
Baseball | 10/12/2016
Cameron Comer went 3-for-4 with three RBI for the Orange squad, while Pavin Smith and Adam...
Orange & Blue World Series Begins Tuesday
Baseball | 10/10/2016
Seven-game series runs through Oct. 30 at Davenport Field; Game 3 moved from Oct. 16 to Oct. 21.
Virginia Baseball Announces 2017 Schedule
Baseball | 10/06/2016
2017 Schedule | The Cavaliers open their season Feb. 17-19 in Charleston, S.C., prior to...
- Online Stores