2013 NCAA Division I Baseball Regional • Game 5
June 2, 2013 • 1 p.m.
Elon (34-29) vs. UNC Wilmington (38-23)
UNCW POST-GAME NOTES
• UNC Wilmington made its sixth all-time NCAA Tournament appearance
• The Seahawks are now 9-12 in the NCAA Tournament after being eliminated from the 2013 Charlottesville Regional • UNCW concluded its season with seven losses in its last eight games
• The Seahawks were 12-of-19 (.632) in offensive advancement opportunities
• Two Seahawks extended hitting streaks: Dick (6), LaGrange (6)
• UNCW's 1-3 hitters were 4-of-12 (.333) with three RBI and one run scored, while the rest of the lineup was 5-of-22 (.227)
• Corey Dick went 7-of-13 (.538) with three RBI and one home run in the Charlottesville Regional
ELON POST-GAME NOTES
• For the first time in school history, Elon has won two games in an NCAA regional and advanced to a regional championship game
• Elon won both NCAA regional games vs. UNCW this season after losing both regular-season games against the Seahawks
• In both wins vs. UNCW in the regional, Elon rallied from down two or more runs (trailed by three in the first game of the regional)
• Elon is making its sixth NCAA Tournament appearance and now has a 5-11 all-time NCAA postseason record
• Elon’s three-run, eighth-inning rally to take the lead came after the first two batters of the inning were retired
• The Phoenix had five players record multi-hit games (Q. Bower, Gomez, Jones, Alvarez, Bresnahan)
• Casey Jones (3-3) tied a career high with three hits and had his 11th multi-hit game of the season
• Sebastian Gomez (2-3) had his 22nd multi-hit game of the season
• Chris Bresnahan (2-3) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 10th of the season
• Antonio Alvarez (2-4) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 15th of the season
• Quinn Bower (2-4) had his 16th multi-hit game of the season
• Starting pitcher Dylan Clark failed to record a strikeout for the first time this season (13 appearances, 12 starts)
• Ryan Pennell got the win after pitching two inning of one-hit relief
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tuesday's Game vs. ODU Cancelled
Baseball | 4/23/2018
Tuesday's non-conference game against Old Dominion at Harbor Park has been cancelled.
Ninth Inning Rally Clinches Series for Virginia
Baseball | 4/22/2018
Virginia rallied for two runs in the top of the ninth inning to stun Louisville, 2-1.
Virginia Evens Series Behind Strong Pitching
Baseball | 4/21/2018
Daniel Lynch and reliever Bennett Sousa shut down Louisville over the final six innings in a 5-4...
Louisville Takes Opener With Late Rally
Baseball | 4/20/2018
Danny Oriente doubled in two runs in the eighth inning to help, Louisville prevail, 5-4 over...
Virginia Travels to Louisville for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 4/19/2018
Virginia will continue its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this weekend with a three-game road...
Virginia Powers Past Liberty, 14-3
Baseball | 4/18/2018
A four-run second inning and a five-run seventh aided Virginia to an 14-3 victory over Liberty.
Virginia Walks-off against GW in 12th
Baseball | 04/17/2018
Brendan Rivoli doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 12th inning in a 3-2 midweek win.
Virginia Baseball Signs John “Parker” Staples
Baseball | 04/16/2018
Virginia head baseball coach Brian O’Connor announced the signing of nine-year-old John ...
- Online Stores