2013 NCAA Division I Baseball Regional • Game 5
June 2, 2013 • 1 p.m.
Elon (34-29) vs. UNC Wilmington (38-23)
UNCW POST-GAME NOTES
• UNC Wilmington made its sixth all-time NCAA Tournament appearance
• The Seahawks are now 9-12 in the NCAA Tournament after being eliminated from the 2013 Charlottesville Regional • UNCW concluded its season with seven losses in its last eight games
• The Seahawks were 12-of-19 (.632) in offensive advancement opportunities
• Two Seahawks extended hitting streaks: Dick (6), LaGrange (6)
• UNCW's 1-3 hitters were 4-of-12 (.333) with three RBI and one run scored, while the rest of the lineup was 5-of-22 (.227)
• Corey Dick went 7-of-13 (.538) with three RBI and one home run in the Charlottesville Regional
ELON POST-GAME NOTES
• For the first time in school history, Elon has won two games in an NCAA regional and advanced to a regional championship game
• Elon won both NCAA regional games vs. UNCW this season after losing both regular-season games against the Seahawks
• In both wins vs. UNCW in the regional, Elon rallied from down two or more runs (trailed by three in the first game of the regional)
• Elon is making its sixth NCAA Tournament appearance and now has a 5-11 all-time NCAA postseason record
• Elon’s three-run, eighth-inning rally to take the lead came after the first two batters of the inning were retired
• The Phoenix had five players record multi-hit games (Q. Bower, Gomez, Jones, Alvarez, Bresnahan)
• Casey Jones (3-3) tied a career high with three hits and had his 11th multi-hit game of the season
• Sebastian Gomez (2-3) had his 22nd multi-hit game of the season
• Chris Bresnahan (2-3) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 10th of the season
• Antonio Alvarez (2-4) had his second multi-hit game of the regional and his 15th of the season
• Quinn Bower (2-4) had his 16th multi-hit game of the season
• Starting pitcher Dylan Clark failed to record a strikeout for the first time this season (13 appearances, 12 starts)
• Ryan Pennell got the win after pitching two inning of one-hit relief
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Uses Big First Inning to Cruise Past Clemson, 10-2
Baseball | 5/26/2017
Virginia scored eight runs in the first inning and rolled to the win behind seven strong innings ...
Virginia Falls to Duke in ACC Pool Play, 4-3
Baseball | 5/25/2017
Virginia concludes pool play at noon Friday against Clemson at UofL's Jim Patterson Stadium.
Virginia's ACC Tournament Schedule Altered
Baseball | 5/24/2017
Virginia will play Duke at 3 p.m. Thursday at Louisville Slugger Field and Clemson at noon Friday...
No. 10 Virginia Opens ACC Tournament Play Thursday
Baseball | 5/24/2017
The fourth-seeded Cavaliers play No. 9 seed Duke Thursday and No. 5 seed Clemson Friday in...
McCarthy Named to Collegiate National Team
Baseball | 5/24/2017
Virginia sophomore outfielder Jake McCarthy has received and accepted an invitation to compete on...
Six Cavaliers Named to 2017 All-ACC Team
Baseball | 5/22/2017
First-team honorees Adam Haseley and Pavin Smith highlighted six Cavaliers on the 2017 All-ACC Team.
McCarthy Named ACC Player of Week
Baseball | 05/22/2017
McCarthy had a big week, going 12-for-21 (.571) with a home run and six RBI while recording four ...
ACC Baseball Championship Schedule Announced
Baseball | 05/21/2017
Virginia plays Duke at 11 a.m. Thursday and Clemson at 11 a.m. Friday in Louisville, Ky.
- Online Stores