Malcolm Brogdon led the team with 23 points in win over the Mountain Hawks.
By Jeff White (email@example.com)
No. 6 Virginia 87, Long Beach State 52
Marial Shayok had a career-high 17 points, London Perrantes added 15 and No. 6 Virginia powered past an opponent for the second straight game to reach the Charleston Classic final
Check out the photo gallery from the No. 12 Virginia men's basketball game against Lehigh.
Photos from Long Beach State @ Virginia on November 20, 2015.
Gill, Brogdon Power No. 6 Virginia to 82-57 win
The Cavaliers fall on the road against George Washington, on November 16, 2015.
Check out the photo gallery from the No. 6 Virginia Men's Basketball game against Morgan State.
• Named to the All-ACC Third Team in 2014-2015 by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association (ACSMA)
• Named to the All-ACC Defensive Team in 2014-2015 by the ACC coaches
• Named MVP of the Barclays Center Classic in 2014
• Averaged career highs in points (11.6) and rebounds (6.5) in 2014-2015
• Averaged 8.6 points and 4.0 rebounds per game in first season at Virginia in 2013-14
• In the summer of 2013, averaged 16 points and 7.6 rebounds per game for Athletes in Action during a five-game tour of Jamaica.
• Transferred to Virginia from South Carolina and has three years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2013-14 season
• Averaged 7.6 points (third on the team) and 4.7 rebounds (tied for second on the team) a game as a freshman at South Carolina during the 2011-12 season
• Was a teammate of former Virginia standout Akil Mitchell at Charlotte Christian School
• Played in all 34 games, including 30 starts
• Averaged career highs in points (11.6) and rebounds (6.5)
• Shot 58.2 percent from the field and 67.7 percent from the free-throw line
• Led Virginia in rebounding (6.5 rpg), field goal percentage (58.2%), steals (29) and double-doubles (3)
• Named to the All-ACC Third Team by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association (ACSMA)
• Named to the All-ACC Defensive Team by the ACC coaches
• USBWA Oscar Robertson Trophy Midseason Watch List
• Named MVP of Barclays Center Classic
• Scored 15 points on 6-8 shooting at James Madison (11/14/14)
• Had 16 points (6-6 FGs) and nine rebounds vs. Tennessee State (11/25/14)
• Recorded first career double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds vs. La Salle (11/28/14)
• Named MVP of the Barclays Center Classic after averaging 14.5 points and 7.5 rebounds in wins over La Salle and Rutgers
• Had 18 points and eight rebounds in a career-high 36 minutes at VCU (12/6/14)
• Had career highs of 25 points (11-16 FGs) and 13 rebounds vs. Davidson (12/30/14)
• Recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds at Boston College (1/17/15)
• Scored 19 points and grabbed six rebounds vs. Wake Forest (2/14/15)
• Had 16 points (6-8 FG, 4-5 FT) vs. Virginia Tech (2/28/15)
• Registered 17 points (8-11 FG) and nine rebounds at Syracuse (3/2/15)
• Tallied 12 points vs. North Carolina in the ACC Tournament semifinals (3/13/15)
• Scored 16 points (4-6 FG, 8-11 FT) vs. Belmont in NCAA Round of 64 (3/20/15)
• Played in 37 games, including six starts
• Averaged 8.6 points and 4.0 rebounds in 19.8 minutes per game
• Shot a team-leading 58.7 percent from the field and 62.7 percent from the free-throw line
• Named to the Corpus Christi Challenge All-Tournament Team after averaging 11.8 points in wins against Liberty (11/23/13), Hampton (11/26/13), SMU (11/29/13) and Missouri State (11/30/13)
• Earned ACC All-Tournament honors after averaging 12.7 points and 5.7 rebounds in wins against Florida State (3/14/14), Pittsburgh (3/15/14) and Duke (3/16/14)
• Led Virginia in scoring in seven games, including a career-high 19 vs. SMU (11/29/13)
• Scored in double figures in 16 games, including six consecutive from March 9-23
• Recorded 18 points and five rebounds vs. Navy (11/19/13)
• Scored 15 points vs. Notre Dame (2/22/14) and Maryland (3/9/14)
• Had 16 points and five rebounds in the ACC Tournament quarterfinals vs. Florida State (3/14/14)
• Tallied a game-high 17 points and five rebounds vs. Coastal Carolina (3/21/14) in the second round of the NCAA Tournament
• Registered 13 points and eight rebounds vs. Memphis (3/23/14) in the third round of the NCAA Tournament
• Redshirted the 2012-13 season as a transfer
AT SOUTH CAROLINA
• Averaged 7.6 points, 4.7 rebounds and 25.3 minutes played per game
• Played in all 31 games and started 26
• Shot 45.3 percent (86-190) from the field, including 39.3 percent (11-28) from three-point range, and 64.6 percent (53-82) from the free-throw line
• Averaged 7.3 points and 4.7 rebounds per game in SEC games
• Lettered four years in basketball for head coach Shonn Brown at Charlotte Christian School
• Averaged 19.3 points, rebounds and two assists per game as a senior at Charlotte Christian
• Averaged 18 points, eight rebounds and two blocks per game as a junior
• Earned North Carolina Independent School Athletic Association All-State and All-Conference honors during his career at Charlotte Christian
• High school teammate of former Virginia forward Akil Mitchell
• Top 100 recruit by ESPN.com and Scout.com
• Anthony Remeral Gill
• Son of Sandi Summers and Anthony and Sherry Gill
• Has a brother, Daxton, and two sisters, Nichole and Kaytlyn
• Earned a Hendrick Memorial Scholarship at Charlotte Christian School in 2010-11
• Anthropology major
Cavalier Football: Virginia Tech PostscriptFootball11/29/15Virginia's sixth season under head coach Mike London ended Saturday with a 23-20 loss to Virginia Tech at Scott Stadium.End Comes Too Soon for 'HoosWomen's Soccer11/28/15In women's soccer, Virginia finished with a 19-1-13 after falling in the NCAA quarterfinals to Rutgers in a penalty-kick shootout Friday at Klöckner Stadium.Stage Set for Season FinaleFootball11/27/15At noon Saturday, in the rivals' annual clash for the Commonwealth Cup, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) meets Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Early Test Exposes Cavaliers' Flaws
M. Basketball | 11/17/2015
After losing 73-68 Monday night to George Washington in Washington, D.C., sixth-ranked Virginia...
No. 6 Virginia Drops Road Contest at George Washington, 73-68
M. Basketball | 11/16/2015
Virginia (1-1) was led by Malcolm Brogdon, who had 28 points and eight rebounds. Brogdon was the ...
No. 6 Virginia Plays at George Washington on Monday
M. Basketball | 11/15/2015
No. 6 Virginia (1-0) continues non-conference action at George Washington on Monday (Nov. 16)....
No. 6 Virginia Cruises Past Morgan State in Season Opener,...
M. Basketball | 11/13/2015
Mike Tobey had 15 points and eight rebounds and No. 6 Virginia shook off early shooting problems ...
Jeff White: Perrantes Ready to Get Rolling Again
M. Basketball | 11/12/2015
London Perrantes' third season as Virginia's starting point guard begins Friday at John Paul...
No. 6 Virginia Hosts Morgan State in Season Opener on Friday
M. Basketball | 11/12/2015
No. 6 Virginia hosts Morgan State in season-opening men's basketball action on Friday (Nov. 13). ...
UVA Men's Basketball Signs Four Student-Athletes
M. Basketball | 11/12/2015
Kyle Guy (Indianapolis, Ind./Lawrence Central), Jay Huff (Durham, N.C./Voyager Academy), De'Andre...
Jeff White: Long Wait Nearly Over for Cavalier Duo
M. Basketball | 11/09/2015
After sitting out the 2014-15 season, 6-11 center Jack Salt and 6-4 guard Darius Thompson are...
- Online Stores