Post-Game Quotes - Yale
Austin Nichols led the way with a game high 11 points.
The Cavaliers defeat St. Francis, on November 15, 2016.
Men's Basketball Blue and White Scrimmage (by Matt Riley)
• Named to the All-American Athletic Conference first team in 2014-15
• Ranked third nationally with 3.4 blocked shots per game in 2014-15
• Selected as the AAC Rookie of the Year in 2013-14
• Named the 2012-13 Gatorade Tennessee Player of the Year
• Redshirted the 2015-16 season after transferring from Memphis
• Played in 27 games, including 26 starts
• Led team in scoring (13.3 ppg), blocked shots (3.4 bpg) and minutes (29.5 mpg)
• Ranked second on the team in rebounding (6.1 rpg) and field goal percentage (49.7)
• Shot 60.7 percent from the free-throw line and 22.2 percent from 3-point range
• Named to the All-American Athletic Conference first team
• Selected to the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) All-District 25 first team
• Named AAC Player of the Week for Feb. 23-March 1, 2015
• Selected to the AAC Weekly Honor Roll four times
• Scored a career-high 28 points (13-19 FG) vs. Tulane (1/3/15)
• Tallied 11 points and a career-high 13 rebounds for second career double-double vs. Oklahoma State (12/13/14)
• Recorded 15 points and 11 rebounds for third career double-double vs. Houston (12/31/14)
• Blocked a career-high eight shots vs. Oral Roberts (12/20/14)
• Added seven blocked shots against Jacksonville State (2/4/15) and UConn (2/19/15)
• Registered 21 double-figure scoring games and 19 contests with five or more rebounds
• Recorded 22 multi-block games
• Ranked among AAC statistical leaders in blocked shots (2nd), field goal percentage (7th), scoring (8th) and rebounding (9th) for all games
• Finished his two-year Memphis career ranked fifth with 93 career blocked shots
• Started all 34 games
• Averaged 9.3 points, 4.3 rebounds, 1.2 blocked shots and 22.8 minutes per game
• Shot 58.9 percent from the floor (Memphis freshman single-season record) and 53.6 percent from the free-throw line
• Named American Athletic Conference Rookie of the Year
• Selected as the AAC Rookie of the Week four times (Nov. 25-Dec. 1, 2013; Feb. 17-23, 2014; Feb. 24-March 2, 2014; March 3-9, 2014)
• Named to the 2013 Old Spice Classic All-Tournament Team
• Ranked among AAC statistical leaders in field goal percentage (3rd) and blocked shots (11th) for all games
• Recorded 17 points and 12 rebounds vs. Temple (2/22/14) for his first career double-double
• Scored a season-high 20 points vs. Nicholls State (11/23/13)
• Blocked a season-high seven shots vs. Temple (2/22/14)
• Tallied 19 points and eight rebounds vs. LSU (11/29/13)
• Registered 14 double-figure scoring games and 13 contests with five or more rebounds
• Scored 15 points and added two rebounds in the Tigers' NCAA Tournament third-round loss to Virginia
• His 58.9 field goal percentage set a Memphis freshman single-season record
• Four-year letterwinner from 2010-13 for head coach John Harrington at Briarcrest Christian School in Eads, Tenn.
• Named the 2012-13 Gatorade Tennessee Player of the Year after averaging 22.7 points, 12.2 rebounds and 2.6 blocked shots as a senior
• Shot 69.9 percent from the field and led the Saints to a 26-7 record, Division 2AA West Region title and Division 2AA state runner-up finish
• Tallied 42 points and 17 rebounds in state title loss to Ensworth
• Received All-America recognition from Parade magazine, SLAM magazine (third team) and MaxPreps.com (honorable mention)
• Selected as The Commercial Appeal's "Best of the Preps" 2012-13 Player of the Year
• Named to The Commercial Appeal's "Best of the Preps" All-Metro squad
• Selected to the Tennessee Sports Writers Association (TSWA) Division 2AA All-State team
• Rated No. 28 by Scout.com, No. 37 by ESPN.com and No. 17 by Rivals.com following his senior season
• Averaged 18.6 pionts, 9.6 rebounds and 3.6 blocked shots, leading the Division 2AA West Region in all three categories as a junior in 2011-12
• Helped lead Briarcrest Christian School to a 24-6 record, Division 2AA West Region championship and Division 2AA state runner-up finish
• Shot 68.5 percent from the field, which was tops in the Shelby Metro area in 2011-12
• Named Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA) Division 2AA's Mr. Basketball in 2011-12
• Selected to the 2011-12 TSWA Division 2AA All-State team
• Named to The Commercial Appeal's "Best of the Preps" All-Metro squad in 2011-12
• Finalist for The Commercial Appeal's "Best of the Preps" Player of the Year honor in 2011-12
• Averaged 15.0 points, 3.4 blocked shots and shot a Shelby Metro area leading 69.7 percent from the floor as a sophomore in 2010-11
• Named to the TSWA Division 2AA All-State squad in 2010-11
• Selected to The Commercial Appeal's "Best of the Preps" All-Metro team in 2010-11
• Robert Austin Nichols
• Son of Mark and Kim Nichols
• Born in Memphis, Tenn.
• Drama major
Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from LossMen's Basketball12/6/17No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at No. 18 West Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Airs Tonight
M. Basketball | 12/11/2017
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett airs on Virginia Sports Radio Network tonight from 7:06-8 p.m.
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Begins Tonight
M. Basketball | 12/6/2017
The weekly "Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett" radio program that airs across the Virginia Sports ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from Loss
M. Basketball | 12/6/2017
No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at ...
No. 18 WVU Tops No. 15 Virginia 68-61
M. Basketball | 12/5/2017
Devon Hall led No. 15 Virginia (8-1) with 19 points and Kyle Guy added 18 as the Cavaliers fell...
No. 18 Virginia Plays at No. 19 West Virginia Tuesday
M. Basketball | 12/4/2017
No. 18 Virginia (8-0) travels to No. 19 West Virginia (7-1) on Tuesday (Dec. 5). Tipoff at WVU...
Jeff White: Selfless Effort Propels 'Hoos in Latest Win
M. Basketball | 12/2/2017
No. 18 Virginia was credited with 21 assists on its 30 field goals Saturday in its victory over...
Guy's 21 lead No. 18 Virginia past Lehigh 75-54
M. Basketball | 12/02/2017
Kyle Guy scored 21 points and No. 18 Virginia never trailed in a 75-54 victory against Lehigh on ...
No. 18 Virginia Meets Lehigh Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/01/2017
Virginia (7-0) continues non-conference men’s basketball action against Lehigh (4-3) on...
- Online Stores