Check out the USA Today photo gallery from the men's basketball game against Lehigh.
Virginia vs. Wisconsin: Photos by USA Today Sports Images
Photos from Virginia men's basketball vs. Rhode Island - Friday, Nov. 24, 2017
Virginia vs. VCU (11/17/17)
Images of the Cavaliers playing host to the Governors in non-conference action
• Started all 34 games in 2016-17
• Tallied a career-high 10 rebounds vs. Florida (3/18/17) in the 2017 NCAA Tournament
• Scored a career-high 10 points vs. Robert Morris (12/17/16)
• Started all 34 games
• Averaged 3.7 points and 4.1 rebounds
• Shot 55.9 percent from the field and 48.9 percent from the free-throw line
• Tallied seven points and three assists at UNCG (11/11/16)
• Registered eight points and six rebounds vs. Providence (11/26/16)
• Registered six rebounds vs. Ohio State (11/30/16)
• Scored six points against West Virginia (12/3/16)
• Scored eight points vs. East Carolina (12/6/16)
• Scored a career-high 10 points on 5-6 shooting vs. Robert Morris (12/17/16)
• Grabbed seven rebounds at Louisville (12/28/16)
• Tallied seven rebounds vs. Florida State (12/31/16)
• Held Georgia Tech’s Ben Lammers to seven points on 3-12 field goal shooting in a career-high 35 minutes (1/21/17)
• Matched a career high with two blocks vs. Virginia Tech (2/1/17)
• Recorded nine rebounds vs. Pitt (3/4/17)
• Tallied eight points and a career-high 10 rebounds vs. Florida (3/18/17)
• Played in 21 games, including nine starts
• Averaged 1.7 points and 1.2 rebounds
• Shot 51.5 percent from the field and 33.3 percent from the free-throw line
• Tallied five points and three rebounds in his collegiate debut vs. Morgan State (11/13/15)
• Scored six points and grabbed four rebounds vs. Bradley (11/19/15)
• Scored four points and blocked two shots in his first start vs. George Mason (11/22/15)
• Scored four points at Florida State (1/17/16)
• Scored three points in NCAA First Round win against Hampton (3/17/16)
• Redshirted the 2014-15 season
• Two-year letterwinner from 2012-13 for head coach Mark Jackson at Westlake Boys High School in Auckland, New Zealand
• Helped Westlake capture back-to-back New Zealand National High School championships in 2012 and 2013, earning All-Tournament honors both seasons
• Served as Westlake team captain in 2013
• Averaged 18.9 points and 14.8 rebounds per game at Westlake in 2013
• Received Westlake's Arblaster Cup Sports Personality of the Year, Kirk Penney Most Valuable Player and All Round Colours awards in 2013
• Earned Westlake's Loe Family Trophy in 2012, honoring its most improved basketball player
• Played for the New Zealand Breakers of the Australian National Basketball League and Waikato Pistons of the New Zealand National Basketball League in 2014
• Competed for the New Zealand U20 National Team from 2013-14, scoring 32 points in a quarterfinal game against Southern Australia in the Australian State Championships
• Member of the New Zealand Tall Blacks National Team, which captured a gold medal at the 2013 Stankovic Cup (China) and competed in the 2013 FIBA Oceania Championship in New Zealand and Australia
• Played for the Super City Rangers of the New Zealand National Basketball League in 2013
• Earned All-Tournament honors as North Harbour captured a gold medal at the 2012 New Zealand U17 National Tournament
• Won a silver medal and served as team captain of the 2012 New Zealand U17 National Team at the FIBA Oceania Pacific Youth Championships
• Won a gold medal with the New Zealand U16 National 3x3 Team at the FIBA Oceania Youth Championships
• Participated in the 2012 Breakers Basketball Development Academy
• Played two seasons for the Westlake Boys High Premier Volleyball Team from 2013-14
• Member of the 2012 New Zealand U17 National Volleyball Team
• Jack Matthew Cooper Salt
• Born in London, England
• Parents are Simon Salt and Maria Anstis
• Brother of younger sister, Sophie
• Chose Virginia for its academic opportunities and coaching staff
• Served as a buddy for younger students, tutor and prefect at Westlake
• Anthropology major
Hall Continues to Elevate His GameMen's Basketball12/16/17On an afternoon when fellow guards Nigel Johnson and Kyle Guy also shined for No. 16 Virginia, Devon Hall scored a career-high 20 points and added five rebounds and five assists.Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Hall Continues to Elevate His Game
M. Basketball | 12/16/2017
On an afternoon when fellow guards Nigel Johnson and Kyle Guy also shined for No. 16 Virginia,...
Johnson, Hall lead No. 16 Virginia past Davidson 80-60
M. Basketball | 12/16/2017
Nigel Johnson scored 22 points and Devon Hall had a career-high 20 Saturday for No. 16 Virginia...
Jeff White: Diakite's Impact Growing for Cavaliers
M. Basketball | 12/15/2017
Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16...
No. 16 Virginia Hosts Davidson on Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/15/2017
No. 16 Virginia (8-1) returns to action with a non-conference game against Davidson (4-3) on...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from Loss
M. Basketball | 12/6/2017
No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at ...
No. 18 WVU Tops No. 15 Virginia 68-61
M. Basketball | 12/5/2017
Devon Hall led No. 15 Virginia (8-1) with 19 points and Kyle Guy added 18 as the Cavaliers fell...
No. 18 Virginia Plays at No. 19 West Virginia Tuesday
M. Basketball | 12/04/2017
No. 18 Virginia (8-0) travels to No. 19 West Virginia (7-1) on Tuesday (Dec. 5). Tipoff at WVU...
Jeff White: Selfless Effort Propels 'Hoos in Latest Win
M. Basketball | 12/02/2017
No. 18 Virginia was credited with 21 assists on its 30 field goals Saturday in its victory over...
- Online Stores