• Earned four varsity letters at Voyager Academy High School from 2013-16
• Averaged 16.3 points, 10.1 rebounds and 5.5 assists in 2015-16
• Led Voyager to North Carolina High School Athletic Association 1-A men's basketball state championship
• Earned MVP honors in state championship game after collecting 14 points, 14 rebounds and 10 blocked shots
• Named First-Team All-State by the North Carolina Basketball Coaches Association
• Collected conference player of the year and district co-player of the year honors after leading Voyager Academy to a 32-4 record
• Earned all-conference honors after averaging 16.3 points, 8.1 rebounds and 5.0 blocks as a junior in 2014-15
• Earned all-conference accolades after averaging 7.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.3 blocks as a sophomore in 2013-14
• Named to the honorable all-conference list as a freshman in 2012-13
• Played his junior and senior seasons at Voyager Academy under his father Mike Huff
• James Matthew Huff
• Born in Durham, N.C.
• Son of Mike and Kathy Huff
• Has one sister, Katrina
• Member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes, serving as an FCA leader for three years
• Chose Virginia for the coaching staff and strength and conditioning coach Mike Curtis
• Career goals are play in the NBA and become a youth pastor
• Volunteered as a middle school church camp counselor and cleaned up a museum bear habitat
• Mother played basketball at West Virginia from 1978-82
• Father played basketball at Pacific Lutheran from 1980-83
• Chose Virginia over Clemson, Duke, East Carolina, James Madison Wake Forest and Wofford
• Undeclared major
Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.Resilient 'Hoos Keep Finding Ways to WinFootball10/14/17With a 20-14 victory Saturday over North Carolina at Kenan Stadium, Virginia stretched its winning streak to four games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Salt Evolving Into Pivotal Presence
M. Basketball | 10/17/2017
A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA,...
Blue-White Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set for Sunday
M. Basketball | 9/26/2017
The University of Virginia will host a pair of preseason events on Sunday, Oct. 22 at John Paul...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/16/2017
The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is...
On-Sale Dates Announced for Single-Game Tickets
M. Basketball | 10/9/2017
The Virginia athletics department announced Monday (Oct. 9) the on-sale dates for single-game...
UVA Announces Times and TV Designations for Seven Games
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 08/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 06/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
- Online Stores