Mike Tobey led the team with 15 points and eight rebounds in win over the Bears.
Malcolm Brogdon led the Cavailers with 13 points.
Justin Anderson scored 20 points to lead Virginia
Virginia defeated Tennessee State, 79-36
UVA NCAA Practice and Press Conference ahead of the first round of the 2016 NCAA Tournament
Men's Basketball Blue and White Scrimmage (by Matt Riley)
Men's Basketball vs. Cleveland State (by Matt Riley)
Virginia at No. 18 Pittsburgh photos by USA TODAY Sports
Men's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• Joined the team as a walk-on prior to the 2013-14 season
• Father, Jeff, played point guard (1979-82) and served as head coach (1990-98) at UVa
• Played in 12 games off the bench
• Saw action in four ACC contests
• Played season-high four minutes in win over Morgan State (11/13/15)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in eight games
• Recorded four points and four rebounds
• Recorded two points and two rebounds vs. Tennessee State (11/25/14)
• Scored two points vs. Georgia Tech (1/22/15)
• Played in 10 games
• Made collegiate debut in season-opener vs. James Madison (11/8/13)
• Played two minutes and recorded one block vs. Navy (11/19/13)
• Played three minutes against Liberty (11/23/13)
• Scored two points in four minutes vs. Hampton (11/26/13)
• Scored one point and grabbed two rebounds vs. Virginia Tech (1/25/14)
• Three-year letterwinner from 2011-13 at St. Anne's-Belfield School in Charlottesville, Va.
• Played forward for head coach Brian Kent
• Earned All-Virginia Prep League first-team honors in 2012 and 2013
• Served as team captain for three seasons and was named MVP as a senior
• Also played football, earning All-VPL honors his junior season
• Jeffrey Robert Jones
• Born in Charlottesville, Va.
• Parents are Lisa Jones and Jeff Jones
• Father, Jeff, played point guard (1979-82) and served as head coach (1990-98) at UVa and is currently the head coach at Old Dominion
• Brother of Madison and Meghann
• Undeclared major
• Chose Virginia because it has always been his dream school
• Media studies major
'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Stay Positive in Face of AdversityFootball9/23/16Coming off back-to-back road games, Virginia (0-3) hosts Central Michigan (3-0) at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Scott Stadium.Darden Workshop Offers Coaches Fresh PerspectiveGeneral Release9/22/16More than a dozen coaches and staffers from UVA Athletics recently participated in a professional development workshop at the Darden School of Business.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pepsi Blue-White Scrimmage and Meet the Teams Day Set For...
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men’s team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 9/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/12/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference released the 2016-17 men’s basketball schedules for its...
Jeff White: Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' Bond
M. Basketball | 8/20/2016
Head coach Tony Bennett's team came together on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Heading Home On High Note
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars...
UVA Finishes Spain Tour Unbeaten at 5-0
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team recorded a pair of wins over the Sant Julià All-Stars...
Jeff White: Hall Eager To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 08/16/2016
Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility...
Cavaliers Post 70-44 Win Over Arcos Albacete
M. Basketball | 08/13/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team rolled to a 70-44 win over Arcos Albacete on Saturday (Aug. 13...
- Online Stores