Pitt 88, No. 11 Virginia 76 OT
Mike Tobey led the team with 15 points and eight rebounds in win over the Bears.
Malcolm Brogdon led the Cavailers with 13 points.
Justin Anderson scored 20 points to lead Virginia
Virginia defeated Tennessee State, 79-36
UVA NCAA Practice and Press Conference ahead of the first round of the 2016 NCAA Tournament
Men's Basketball Blue and White Scrimmage (by Matt Riley)
Men's Basketball vs. Cleveland State (by Matt Riley)
Virginia at No. 18 Pittsburgh photos by USA TODAY Sports
Men's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• Joined the team as a walk-on prior to the 2013-14 season
• Father, Jeff, played point guard (1979-82) and served as head coach (1990-98) at UVA
• Played in 12 games off the bench
• Saw action in four ACC contests
• Played season-high four minutes in win over Morgan State (11/13/15)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in eight games
• Recorded four points and four rebounds
• Recorded two points and two rebounds vs. Tennessee State (11/25/14)
• Scored two points vs. Georgia Tech (1/22/15)
• Played in 10 games
• Made collegiate debut in season opener vs. James Madison (11/8/13)
• Played two minutes and recorded one block vs. Navy (11/19/13)
• Played three minutes against Liberty (11/23/13)
• Scored two points in four minutes vs. Hampton (11/26/13)
• Scored one point and grabbed two rebounds vs. Virginia Tech (1/25/14)
• Three-year letterwinner from 2011-13 at St. Anne's-Belfield School in Charlottesville, Va.
• Played forward for head coach Brian Kent
• Earned All-Virginia Prep League first-team honors in 2012 and 2013
• Served as team captain for three seasons and was named MVP as a senior
• Also played football, earning All-VPL honors his junior season
• Jeffrey Robert Jones
• Born in Charlottesville, Va.
• Parents are Lisa Jones and Jeff Jones
• Father, Jeff, played point guard (1979-82) and served as head coach (1990-98) at UVA and is currently the head coach at Old Dominion
• Brother of Madison and Meghann
• Chose Virginia because it has always been his dream school
• Media studies major
Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.McCarthy's Return Sparks CavaliersBaseball5/15/18After missing 34 games with a wrist injury, junior Jake McCarthy returned to the lineup and helped UVA secure a critical ACC series win over Georgia Tech.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 4/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 4/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
Bennett Adds Another Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 4/1/2018
Virginia’s Tony Bennett was named the 2018 NABC Division I Coach of the Year, announced...
Bennett Earns Naismith Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 04/01/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the 2018 Werner Ladder Naismith Men's College Coach of the Year...
Bennett Named AP Coach of the Year
M. Basketball | 03/29/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the Associated Press (AP) Men's College Basketball Coach of the...
- Online Stores