Pitt 88, No. 11 Virginia 76 OT
Mike Tobey led the team with 15 points and eight rebounds in win over the Bears.
Malcolm Brogdon led the Cavailers with 13 points.
Justin Anderson scored 20 points to lead Virginia
Virginia defeated Tennessee State, 79-36
UVA NCAA Practice and Press Conference ahead of the first round of the 2016 NCAA Tournament
Men's Basketball Blue and White Scrimmage (by Matt Riley)
Men's Basketball vs. Cleveland State (by Matt Riley)
Virginia at No. 18 Pittsburgh photos by USA TODAY Sports
Men's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• Joined the team as a walk-on prior to the 2013-14 season
• Father, Jeff, played point guard (1979-82) and served as head coach (1990-98) at UVA
• Played in 12 games off the bench
• Saw action in four ACC contests
• Played season-high four minutes in win over Morgan State (11/13/15)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in eight games
• Recorded four points and four rebounds
• Recorded two points and two rebounds vs. Tennessee State (11/25/14)
• Scored two points vs. Georgia Tech (1/22/15)
• Played in 10 games
• Made collegiate debut in season opener vs. James Madison (11/8/13)
• Played two minutes and recorded one block vs. Navy (11/19/13)
• Played three minutes against Liberty (11/23/13)
• Scored two points in four minutes vs. Hampton (11/26/13)
• Scored one point and grabbed two rebounds vs. Virginia Tech (1/25/14)
• Three-year letterwinner from 2011-13 at St. Anne's-Belfield School in Charlottesville, Va.
• Played forward for head coach Brian Kent
• Earned All-Virginia Prep League first-team honors in 2012 and 2013
• Served as team captain for three seasons and was named MVP as a senior
• Also played football, earning All-VPL honors his junior season
• Jeffrey Robert Jones
• Born in Charlottesville, Va.
• Parents are Lisa Jones and Jeff Jones
• Father, Jeff, played point guard (1979-82) and served as head coach (1990-98) at UVA and is currently the head coach at Old Dominion
• Brother of Madison and Meghann
• Chose Virginia because it has always been his dream school
• Media studies major
Road Tests Await 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/17No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, is on the road Tuesday against No. 15 Notre Dame and next Sunday against No. 1 Villanova.Perseverance Paying Off for SchanyWrestling1/21/17Redshirt sophomore Will Schany is the starting 184-pounder for No. 25 Virginia, which meets No. 6 Virginia Tech at 4 p.m. Sunday in Blacksburg.Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 14 Notre Dame Next For No. 12 UVA
M. Basketball | 1/23/2017
No. 12 Virginia (15-3, 5-2 ACC) plays at No. 14 Notre Dame (17-3, 6-1 ACC) on Tuesday, Jan. 24 at...
Jeff White: Stern Tests Await 'Hoos on Road
M. Basketball | 1/22/2017
No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, plays Tuesday night at No. 15 Notre Dame ...
No. 16 Virginia tops Georgia Tech 62-49
M. Basketball | 1/21/2017
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) Marial Shayok scored a career-best 19 points and No. 16 Virginia used a...
No. 16 Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech on Saturday
M. Basketball | 1/20/2017
No. 16 Virginia (14-3, 4-2 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech (11-7, 3-3 ACC) in ACC men’s basketball ...
Jeff White: Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest Win
M. Basketball | 1/19/2017
In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists ...
No. 16 UVA Cruises to 71-54 Win Over Boston College
M. Basketball | 1/18/2017
Devon Hall scored 13 points and Isaiah Wilkins had 11 points and nine rebounds before heading...
No. 16 Cavaliers Play at BC on Wednesday
M. Basketball | 01/17/2017
No. 16 Virginia (13-3, 3-2 ACC) travels to Boston College (9-9, 2-3 ACC) for an ACC men’s...
Jeff Jones Declared Academically Ineligible
M. Basketball | 01/17/2017
Virginia senior forward Jeff Jones has been declared academically ineligible for the spring...
- Online Stores