• Joined the Virginia program as a walk-on prior to the 2015-16 season
• Played in 10 games in 2016-17 and eight games in 2015-16
• Junior walk-on who was awarded scholarship after Virginia Tech (1/3/18) game
• Played in ten games off bench
• Saw action in four ACC contests
• Knocked down one three pointer to go along with one assist at Virginia Tech (1/3/18)
• Sophomore walk-on played in 10 games
• Saw action in four ACC contests
• Scored five points and grabbed three rebounds in 12 minutes vs. Grambling State (11/22/16)
• Appeared in eight games
• Recorded three rebounds and an assist
• Played the 2013-14 season for his father and head coach Bryan Bartley at Montrose Christian School
• Served as team captain and averaged 10 points and six rebounds for Montrose Christian
• Earned All-Tournament honors as Montrose Christian captured the National Christian School Athletic Association (NCSAA) Division I title
• Montrose Christian also beat then-No. 1 Findlay Prep (Nev.) in 2013-14
• Montrose Christian teammate of Allonzo Trier (Arizona), Jarrell Brantley (College of Charleston), Raymond Doby (South Carolina) and Patrick McCaw (UNLV)
• Helped Buford High School (Ga.) to a 47-15 record as a two-year letterwinner
• Played on the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League circuit for Team United from Charlotte, N.C.
• Member of the Honor Roll, National Society of High School Scholars and IDEAL Leadership School at Buford High School
• Graduated from Montrose Christian with honors and 3.7 GPA
• Justice Brycson Bartley
• Born in Atlanta, Ga.
• Parents are Bryan and Shuana Bartley
• Father, Bryan, played professionally in Portugal and was a former assistant coach at Auburn
• His father was also part of the first Nike All-American Camp for Athletes for Better Education and is currently the head coach at Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington, D.C.
• Has two brothers, Shawn and Jaylen, and two sisters, Aiyanna and Kayla
• Godfather, Kenny Anderson, played at Georgia Tech and was the second overall pick of the 1991 NBA Draft
• Second Godfather, Kenny Smith, played at North Carolina and was the sixth overall pick of the 1987 NBA Draft
• Chose Virginia because of its academics and coaching staff
• Also recruited by Cornell, Columbia, DePaul and UNLV
• Sociology major
Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.Mueller Sets Sights on World TitleWrestling6/11/18Early this month, Jack Mueller, a rising junior at UVA, clinched a spot on the U.S. team that will compete at the U23 freestyle world championships in Romania.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Hall Working to Raise NBA Stock
M. Basketball | 6/12/2018
By the time the NBA draft arrives June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for...
Virginia to Play at Maryland in 2018 ACC/B1G Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/1/2018
Virginia will play at former ACC rival Maryland in the 20th ACC-B1G Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 28.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 4/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 04/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
Bennett Adds Another Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 04/01/2018
Virginia’s Tony Bennett was named the 2018 NABC Division I Coach of the Year, announced...
- Online Stores