Kyle Guy scores a career-high 20 points to lead the Cavaliers
Highlights from UVA men's basketball's 74-41 win over Iowa in the Emerald Coast Classic
Photos from Virginia men's basketball vs. UMBC - Friday, March 16, 2018
Photos from Virginia men's basketball vs. UNC - Saturday, March 10, 2018
Photos from Virginia men's basketball vs. Clemson - Friday, March 9, 2018
Virginia men's basketball vs. Louisville at the ACC Tournament
Virginia vs Louisville
• Tallied a pair of 20-point games (Grambling State and Pitt) during his freshman campaign in 2016-17
• Made five 3-pointers vs. Grambling State (11/22/16), NC State (2/25/17) and North Carolina (2/27/17)
• Played all 34 games, including six starts
• Averaged 7.5 points, 1.3 assists and 1.7 rebounds
• Shot 43.9 percent from the field, 49.5 percent from 3-point range and 71.4 percent from the free-throw line
• Made collegiate debut at UNCG (11/11/16)
• Reached double figures in scoring in 11 games
• Tallied 12 points, including a pair of 3-pointers, vs. Yale (11/20/16)
• Scored a career-high 20 points, including 5-6 from 3-point range, against Grambling State (11/22/16)
• Recorded 13 points and a career-best four assists vs. East Carolina (12/6/16)
• Tallied 13 points, including three 3-pointers, vs. Robert Morris (12/17/16)
• Scored a game-high 17 points in a season-high 29 minutes at California (12/21/16)
• Scored 14 points, including four 3-pointers, vs. Florida State (12/31/16)
• Made first collegiate start at Pitt (1/4/17)
• Had eight points and four rebounds at Boston College (1/18/17)
• Scored team-high 14 points at Syracuse (2/4/17)
• Recorded 12 points at Virginia Tech (2/12/17)
• Tallied 19 points and matched a career high with five 3-pointers at NC State (2/25/17)
• Scored a game-high 17 points, including five 3-pointers vs. North Carolina (2/27/17)
• Recorded career highs in rebounds (6) and assists (4) vs. North Carolina (2/27/17)
• Matched career high with 20 points against Pitt (3/8/17) in ACC Tournament
• Earned four varsity letters at Lawrence Central High School from 2013-16
• Named Mr. Basketball for Indiana after averaging 23.5 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.7 assists in 2015-16
• Participated in the McDonald's High School All-American game, scoring seven points and adding two assists in 12 minutes of action
• Finished second in the Powerade Jamfest 3-point contest and made the finals in the dunk contest
• Won the Marines Boys 3-point championship as part of the American Family Insurance Slam & 3-Point Championships
• Averaged 19.8 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists during his junior season in 2014-15
• Named a Junior Indiana All-Star (core team), IBCA Subway Underclassman All-State, All-Conference, All-County and county runner-up player of the year in 2014-15
• Tallied 14.5 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game as a sophomore in 2013-14
• Earned All-County and all-Conference honors in 2013-14
• Registered 13.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game as a freshman in 2012-13
• Named to the All-County and All-Conference teams in 2012-13
• Earned Academic Honors Diploma from Lawrence Central in 2016
• Kyle Joseph Guy
• Born in Indianapolis, Ind.
• Parents are Katy and Tim Fitzgerald (mother and stepfather) and Joe and Amy Guy (father and stepmother)
• Has three brothers, Brady, Colin and Bennett, and two sisters, Tatum and Madison
• Father, Joe Guy, played football and participated in track from 1995-96 at the University of Cincinnati
• Father and Uncle served in the Iraqi Freedom War
• Uncle ran cross country from 1996-2000 at DePauw University
• Great Grandfather served as commissioner for the Indiana High School Athletic Association and was inducted into both the football and basketball Indiana High School halls of fame
• Enjoys spending time with family and friends
• Chose Virginia because of head coach Tony Bennett and the staff, and for the atmosphere and education
• Career goals are to play basketball professionally and coach
• Mentors youth, works basketball camps, teaches private basketball lessons and reads to children in elementary schools
• Chose Virginia over Butler, California, Colorado, Indiana, Indiana State, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri, NC State, Northwestern, Mississippi, Purdue and Xavier
• Undeclared major
'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.No. 1 'Hoos Ready to Roll in CharlotteMen's Basketball3/15/18At approximately 9:20 p.m. Friday, in a South Region game, No. 1 seed UVA (31-2) meets No. 16 seed UMBC (24-10) in the NCAA tournament's first round.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 Cavaliers
M. Basketball | 3/17/2018
In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a...
No. 1 Virginia topped by No. 16 UMBC 74-54
M. Basketball | 3/17/2018
Virginia men's basketball's season ended with a 74-54 loss to UMBC in the NCAA Tournament First ...
Jeff White: No. 1 'Hoos Ready to Roll in Charlotte
M. Basketball | 3/15/2018
At approximately 9:20 p.m. Friday, in a South Region game, No. 1 seed UVA (31-2) meets No. 16...
NCAA Preview: No. 1 Seed UVA vs. No. 16 Seed UMBC
M. Basketball | 3/14/2018
No. 1 overall seed Virginia plays No. 16 seed UMBC in the NCAA Tournament on Friday, March 16 at ...
Hunter to Miss NCAA Tourney with Broken Wrist
M. Basketball | 3/13/2018
ACC Sixth Man of the Year De'Andre Hunter has been ruled out for the NCAA Tournament with a...
Guy, Hall Earn NABC All-District Honors
M. Basketball | 3/13/2018
Virginia’s Kyle Guy and Devon Hall were named to the 2017-18 NABC All-District 2 Team.
Jeff White: ACC Champions Shift Focus to NCAA Tourney
M. Basketball | 03/12/2018
The No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament, Virginia (31-2) opens Friday night against UMBC (2...
Cavaliers Earn No. 1 Overall Seed in NCAA Tournament
M. Basketball | 03/11/2018
ACC regular-season and tournament champion Virginia is the NCAA Tournament's overall No. 1 seed...
- Online Stores