Kyle Guy scores a career-high 20 points to lead the Cavaliers
Highlights from UVA men's basketball's 74-41 win over Iowa in the Emerald Coast Classic
NCAA Tournament First Round 3/16/2017
Tony Bennett and the Cavaliers prepare for the NCAA tournament in Orlando, Fla.
ACC Tournament - March 9, 2017
UVA vs. Pittsburgh ACC Tournament 3/8/2017
Photos from No. 18 Virginia @ NC State on February 25, 2017.
• Tallied a pair of 20-point games (Grambling State and Pitt) during his freshman campaign in 2016-17
• Made five 3-pointers vs. Grambling State (11/22/16), NC State (2/25/17) and North Carolina (2/27/17)
• Played all 34 games, including six starts
• Averaged 7.5 points, 1.3 assists and 1.7 rebounds
• Shot 43.9 percent from the field, 49.5 percent from 3-point range and 71.4 percent from the free-throw line
• Made collegiate debut at UNCG (11/11/16)
• Reached double figures in scoring in 10 games
• Tallied 12 points, including a pair of 3-pointers, vs. Yale (11/20/16)
• Scored a career-high 20 points, including 5-6 from 3-point range, against Grambling State (11/22/16)
• Recorded 13 points and a career-best four assists vs. East Carolina (12/6/16)
• Tallied 13 points, including three 3-pointers, vs. Robert Morris (12/17/16)
• Scored a game-high 17 points in a season-high 29 minutes at California (12/21/16)
• Scored 14 points, including four 3-pointers, vs. Florida State (12/31/16)
• Made first collegiate start at Pitt (1/4/17)
• Had eight points and four rebounds at Boston College (1/18/17)
• Scored team-high 14 points at Syracuse (2/4/17)
• Recorded 12 points at Virginia Tech (2/12/17)
• Tallied 19 points and matched a career high with five 3-pointers at NC State (2/25/17)
• Scored a game-high 17 points, including five 3-pointers vs. North Carolina (2/27/17)
• Recorded career highs in rebounds (6) and assists (4) vs. North Carolina (2/27/17)
• Matched career high with 20 points against Pitt (3/8/17) in ACC Tournament
• Earned four varsity letters at Lawrence Central High School from 2013-16
• Named Mr. Basketball for Indiana after averaging 23.5 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.7 assists in 2015-16
• Participated in the McDonald's High School All-American game, scoring seven points and adding two assists in 12 minutes of action
• Finished second in the Powerade Jamfest 3-point contest and made the finals in the dunk contest
• Won the Marines Boys 3-point championship as part of the American Family Insurance Slam & 3-Point Championships
• Averaged 19.8 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists during his junior season in 2014-15
• Named a Junior Indiana All-Star (core team), IBCA Subway Underclassman All-State, All-Conference, All-County and county runner-up player of the year in 2014-15
• Tallied 14.5 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game as a sophomore in 2013-14
• Earned All-County and all-Conference honors in 2013-14
• Registered 13.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game as a freshman in 2012-13
• Named to the All-County and All-Conference teams in 2012-13
• Earned Academic Honors Diploma from Lawrence Central in 2016
• Kyle Joseph Guy
• Born in Indianapolis, Ind.
• Parents are Katy and Tim Fitzgerald (mother and stepfather) and Joe and Amy Guy (father and stepmother)
• Has three brothers, Brady, Colin and Bennett, and two sisters, Tatum and Madison
• Father, Joe Guy, played football and participated in track from 1995-96 at the University of Cincinnati
• Father and Uncle served in the Iraqi Freedom War
• Uncle ran cross country from 1996-2000 at DePauw University
• Great Grandfather served as commissioner for the Indiana High School Athletic Association and was inducted into both the football and basketball Indiana High School halls of fame
• Enjoys spending time with family and friends
• Chose Virginia because of head coach Tony Bennett and the staff, and for the atmosphere and education
• Career goals are to play basketball professionally and coach
• Mentors youth, works basketball camps, teaches private basketball lessons and reads to children in elementary schools
• Chose Virginia over Butler, California, Colorado, Indiana, Indiana State, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri, NC State, Northwestern, Mississippi, Purdue and Xavier
• Undeclared major
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 03/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
- Online Stores