Kyle Guy scores a career-high 20 points to lead the Cavaliers
Highlights from UVA men's basketball's 74-41 win over Iowa in the Emerald Coast Classic
Photos from Virginia men's basketball vs. West Virginia - Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2017
Check out the USA Today photo gallery from the men's basketball game against Lehigh.
Virginia vs. Wisconsin: Photos by USA Today Sports Images
Photos from Virginia men's basketball vs. Rhode Island - Friday, Nov. 24, 2017
Virginia vs. VCU (11/17/17)
• Tallied a pair of 20-point games (Grambling State and Pitt) during his freshman campaign in 2016-17
• Made five 3-pointers vs. Grambling State (11/22/16), NC State (2/25/17) and North Carolina (2/27/17)
• Played all 34 games, including six starts
• Averaged 7.5 points, 1.3 assists and 1.7 rebounds
• Shot 43.9 percent from the field, 49.5 percent from 3-point range and 71.4 percent from the free-throw line
• Made collegiate debut at UNCG (11/11/16)
• Reached double figures in scoring in 11 games
• Tallied 12 points, including a pair of 3-pointers, vs. Yale (11/20/16)
• Scored a career-high 20 points, including 5-6 from 3-point range, against Grambling State (11/22/16)
• Recorded 13 points and a career-best four assists vs. East Carolina (12/6/16)
• Tallied 13 points, including three 3-pointers, vs. Robert Morris (12/17/16)
• Scored a game-high 17 points in a season-high 29 minutes at California (12/21/16)
• Scored 14 points, including four 3-pointers, vs. Florida State (12/31/16)
• Made first collegiate start at Pitt (1/4/17)
• Had eight points and four rebounds at Boston College (1/18/17)
• Scored team-high 14 points at Syracuse (2/4/17)
• Recorded 12 points at Virginia Tech (2/12/17)
• Tallied 19 points and matched a career high with five 3-pointers at NC State (2/25/17)
• Scored a game-high 17 points, including five 3-pointers vs. North Carolina (2/27/17)
• Recorded career highs in rebounds (6) and assists (4) vs. North Carolina (2/27/17)
• Matched career high with 20 points against Pitt (3/8/17) in ACC Tournament
• Earned four varsity letters at Lawrence Central High School from 2013-16
• Named Mr. Basketball for Indiana after averaging 23.5 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.7 assists in 2015-16
• Participated in the McDonald's High School All-American game, scoring seven points and adding two assists in 12 minutes of action
• Finished second in the Powerade Jamfest 3-point contest and made the finals in the dunk contest
• Won the Marines Boys 3-point championship as part of the American Family Insurance Slam & 3-Point Championships
• Averaged 19.8 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists during his junior season in 2014-15
• Named a Junior Indiana All-Star (core team), IBCA Subway Underclassman All-State, All-Conference, All-County and county runner-up player of the year in 2014-15
• Tallied 14.5 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game as a sophomore in 2013-14
• Earned All-County and all-Conference honors in 2013-14
• Registered 13.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game as a freshman in 2012-13
• Named to the All-County and All-Conference teams in 2012-13
• Earned Academic Honors Diploma from Lawrence Central in 2016
• Kyle Joseph Guy
• Born in Indianapolis, Ind.
• Parents are Katy and Tim Fitzgerald (mother and stepfather) and Joe and Amy Guy (father and stepmother)
• Has three brothers, Brady, Colin and Bennett, and two sisters, Tatum and Madison
• Father, Joe Guy, played football and participated in track from 1995-96 at the University of Cincinnati
• Father and Uncle served in the Iraqi Freedom War
• Uncle ran cross country from 1996-2000 at DePauw University
• Great Grandfather served as commissioner for the Indiana High School Athletic Association and was inducted into both the football and basketball Indiana High School halls of fame
• Enjoys spending time with family and friends
• Chose Virginia because of head coach Tony Bennett and the staff, and for the atmosphere and education
• Career goals are to play basketball professionally and coach
• Mentors youth, works basketball camps, teaches private basketball lessons and reads to children in elementary schools
• Chose Virginia over Butler, California, Colorado, Indiana, Indiana State, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri, NC State, Northwestern, Mississippi, Purdue and Xavier
• Undeclared major
Hall Continues to Elevate His GameMen's Basketball12/16/17On an afternoon when fellow guards Nigel Johnson and Kyle Guy also shined for No. 16 Virginia, Devon Hall scored a career-high 20 points and added five rebounds and five assists.Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Hall Continues to Elevate His Game
M. Basketball | 12/16/2017
On an afternoon when fellow guards Nigel Johnson and Kyle Guy also shined for No. 16 Virginia,...
Johnson, Hall lead No. 16 Virginia past Davidson 80-60
M. Basketball | 12/16/2017
Nigel Johnson scored 22 points and Devon Hall had a career-high 20 Saturday for No. 16 Virginia...
Jeff White: Diakite's Impact Growing for Cavaliers
M. Basketball | 12/15/2017
Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16...
No. 16 Virginia Hosts Davidson on Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/15/2017
No. 16 Virginia (8-1) returns to action with a non-conference game against Davidson (4-3) on...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from Loss
M. Basketball | 12/6/2017
No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at ...
No. 18 WVU Tops No. 15 Virginia 68-61
M. Basketball | 12/5/2017
Devon Hall led No. 15 Virginia (8-1) with 19 points and Kyle Guy added 18 as the Cavaliers fell...
No. 18 Virginia Plays at No. 19 West Virginia Tuesday
M. Basketball | 12/04/2017
No. 18 Virginia (8-0) travels to No. 19 West Virginia (7-1) on Tuesday (Dec. 5). Tipoff at WVU...
Jeff White: Selfless Effort Propels 'Hoos in Latest Win
M. Basketball | 12/02/2017
No. 18 Virginia was credited with 21 assists on its 30 field goals Saturday in its victory over...
- Online Stores