Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia assured itself at least a share of the Atlantic Coast Conference regular season championship
No. 2 Virginia 69, Virginia Tech 57
No. 2 Virginia 70, Wake Forest 34
Virginia defeated Tennessee State, 79-36
• Re-joined the team as a walk-on prior to the 2013-14 season
• Was a walk-on member of the Cavaliers during the 2011-12 season
• Played in 11 games
• Recorded five points and one assist
• Hit a 3-pointer at Wake Forest (2/25/15)
• Scored two points vs. Tennessee State (11/25/14)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 12 games
• Shot 50 percent from the field and 50 percent from the free-throw line
• Scored his first two points of the season vs. Liberty (11/23/13)
• Recorded career-highs with three points, five rebounds, two assists and nine minutes vs. Hampton (11/26/13)
• Tallied two points vs. Wake Forest (1/8/14)
• Played in seven games
• Appeared in three ACC contests
• Scored first career point vs. Green Bay (11/25/11)
• Earned 11 varsity letters from 2008-11 at St. Christopher's School in Richmond, Va.
• Three-time letterwinner as a guard in basketball for head coach Hamill Jones
• Three-time letterwinner as a quarterback for head coach Michael Turner in football
• Three-time letterwinner as a midfielder for head coach John Burke in lacrosse
• Two-time letterwinner in swimming
• Served as team captain in basketball, football and lacrosse
• Earned All-Prep and MVP honors in basketball
• Added All-Prep, All-State, All-Metro and MVP honors in football
• Earned All-Prep, MVP and Academic All-American honors in lacrosse
• Richmond-Times Dispatch Scholar-Athlete of the Year finalist in high school
• Named AP Scholar with Honor at St. Christopher's
• Graduated from St. Christopher's with high honors (GPA above 4.0)
• William Robert Vozenilek
• Born in Richmond, Va.
• Parents are Tom and Betty Baugh Vozenilek
• Mother, Betty, played collegiate tennis at North Carolina
• Father, Tom, played collegiate tennis at Pacific Lutheran University
• Has three brothers: Harrison, Alec and Charlie
• Has a younger sister, BB
• Brother, Alec, was a punter/kicker for the Virginia football team from 2012-15
• History major
Ellis Thrilled to Back in CoachingWrestling10/24/16The newest member of the Virginia wrestling team's coaching staff is assistant Mark Ellis, who won an NCAA title as a heavyweight at Missouri.North Carolina PostscriptFootball10/23/16Virginia, which trailed 14-7 at halftime, lost 35-14 to No. 22 North Carolina in an ACC game Saturday at Scott Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Sunday
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men's team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p.m.,...
Nichols Named to Malone Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/20/2016
Virginia’s Austin Nichols (Collierville, Tenn.) was one of 20 players named to the watch...
Jeff White: Media Day Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/18/2016
Virginia, which reached the Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC...
Perrantes Named to Cousy Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was one of 20 players named to the watch list for...
Jeff White: Reuter Ready To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
A 6-7, 243-pound sophomore from Marion, Mass., Jarred Reuter is competing for a starting spot in ...
On-Sale Dates For Single-Game Tickets Announced
M. Basketball | 10/10/2016
The University of Virginia announced the on-sale dates for single-game tickets for men’s...
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 09/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 09/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
- Online Stores