Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia assured itself at least a share of the Atlantic Coast Conference regular season championship
No. 2 Virginia 69, Virginia Tech 57
No. 2 Virginia 70, Wake Forest 34
Virginia defeated Tennessee State, 79-36
• Re-joined the team as a walk-on prior to the 2013-14 season
• Was a walk-on member of the Cavaliers during the 2011-12 season
• Played in 11 games
• Recorded five points and one assist
• Hit a 3-pointer at Wake Forest (2/25/15)
• Scored two points vs. Tennessee State (11/25/14)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 12 games
• Shot 50 percent from the field and 50 percent from the free-throw line
• Scored his first two points of the season vs. Liberty (11/23/13)
• Recorded career-highs with three points, five rebounds, two assists and nine minutes vs. Hampton (11/26/13)
• Tallied two points vs. Wake Forest (1/8/14)
• Played in seven games
• Appeared in three ACC contests
• Scored first career point vs. Green Bay (11/25/11)
• Earned 11 varsity letters from 2008-11 at St. Christopher's School in Richmond, Va.
• Three-time letterwinner as a guard in basketball for head coach Hamill Jones
• Three-time letterwinner as a quarterback for head coach Michael Turner in football
• Three-time letterwinner as a midfielder for head coach John Burke in lacrosse
• Two-time letterwinner in swimming
• Served as team captain in basketball, football and lacrosse
• Earned All-Prep and MVP honors in basketball
• Added All-Prep, All-State, All-Metro and MVP honors in football
• Earned All-Prep, MVP and Academic All-American honors in lacrosse
• Richmond-Times Dispatch Scholar-Athlete of the Year finalist in high school
• Named AP Scholar with Honor at St. Christopher's
• Graduated from St. Christopher's with high honors (GPA above 4.0)
• William Robert Vozenilek
• Born in Richmond, Va.
• Parents are Tom and Betty Baugh Vozenilek
• Mother, Betty, played collegiate tennis at North Carolina
• Father, Tom, played collegiate tennis at Pacific Lutheran University
• Has three brothers: Harrison, Alec and Charlie
• Has a younger sister, BB
• Brother, Alec, was a punter/kicker for the Virginia football team from 2012-15
• History major
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pepsi Blue-White Scrimmage to Benefit Hurricane Relief
M. Basketball | 10/19/2017
Cash donations will be accepted upon entry to the Blue-White Scrimmage at John Paul Jones Arena. ...
Jeff White: Salt Evolving Into Pivotal Presence
M. Basketball | 10/17/2017
A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA,...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/16/2017
The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is...
On-Sale Dates Announced for Single-Game Tickets
M. Basketball | 10/9/2017
The Virginia athletics department announced Monday (Oct. 9) the on-sale dates for single-game...
UVA Announces Times and TV Designations for Seven Games
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 08/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 06/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
- Online Stores