Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia assured itself at least a share of the Atlantic Coast Conference regular season championship
No. 2 Virginia 69, Virginia Tech 57
No. 2 Virginia 70, Wake Forest 34
Virginia defeated Tennessee State, 79-36
• Re-joined the team as a walk-on prior to the 2013-14 season
• Was a walk-on member of the Cavaliers during the 2011-12 season
• Played in 11 games
• Recorded five points and one assist
• Hit a 3-pointer at Wake Forest (2/25/15)
• Scored two points vs. Tennessee State (11/25/14)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 12 games
• Shot 50 percent from the field and 50 percent from the free-throw line
• Scored his first two points of the season vs. Liberty (11/23/13)
• Recorded career-highs with three points, five rebounds, two assists and nine minutes vs. Hampton (11/26/13)
• Tallied two points vs. Wake Forest (1/8/14)
• Played in seven games
• Appeared in three ACC contests
• Scored first career point vs. Green Bay (11/25/11)
• Earned 11 varsity letters from 2008-11 at St. Christopher's School in Richmond, Va.
• Three-time letterwinner as a guard in basketball for head coach Hamill Jones
• Three-time letterwinner as a quarterback for head coach Michael Turner in football
• Three-time letterwinner as a midfielder for head coach John Burke in lacrosse
• Two-time letterwinner in swimming
• Served as team captain in basketball, football and lacrosse
• Earned All-Prep and MVP honors in basketball
• Added All-Prep, All-State, All-Metro and MVP honors in football
• Earned All-Prep, MVP and Academic All-American honors in lacrosse
• Richmond-Times Dispatch Scholar-Athlete of the Year finalist in high school
• Named AP Scholar with Honor at St. Christopher's
• Graduated from St. Christopher's with high honors (GPA above 4.0)
• William Robert Vozenilek
• Born in Richmond, Va.
• Parents are Tom and Betty Baugh Vozenilek
• Mother, Betty, played collegiate tennis at North Carolina
• Father, Tom, played collegiate tennis at Pacific Lutheran University
• Has three brothers: Harrison, Alec and Charlie
• Has a younger sister, BB
• Brother, Alec, was a punter/kicker for the Virginia football team from 2012-15
• History major
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: 'Hoos Head Into Finals on High Note
M. Basketball | 12/7/2016
No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17,...
No. 14 Virginia bounces back, beats East Carolina 76-53
M. Basketball | 12/6/2016
Kyle Guy scored 13 points to lead five Virginia players in double figures, and the No. 14...
No. 14 UVA Hosts East Carolina on Tuesday
M. Basketball | 12/5/2016
No. 14 Virginia (7-1) hosts East Carolina (7-2) in in men’s basketball non-conference...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in Loss
M. Basketball | 12/3/2016
No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss...
No. 6 Virginia Falls to No. 25 West Virginia, 66-57
M. Basketball | 12/3/2016
Darius Thompson scored 14 points to lead the Virginia Cavaliers (7-1). UVA will face East...
No. 6 UVA Entertains No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/2/2016
No. 6 Virginia (7-0) hosts No. 25 West Virginia (5-1) in in men’s basketball non-conference...
Jeff White: Home-Court Advantage Pivotal Again
M. Basketball | 12/01/2016
No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games...
Perrantes leads No. 6 UVA past Ohio State, 63-61
M. Basketball | 11/30/2016
London Perrantes scored 15 of his 19 points in the second half and No. 7 Virginia overcame a...
- Online Stores