Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia assured itself at least a share of the Atlantic Coast Conference regular season championship
No. 2 Virginia 69, Virginia Tech 57
No. 2 Virginia 70, Wake Forest 34
Virginia defeated Tennessee State, 79-36
• Re-joined the team as a walk-on prior to the 2013-14 season
• Was a walk-on member of the Cavaliers during the 2011-12 season
• Played in 11 games
• Recorded five points and one assist
• Hit a 3-pointer at Wake Forest (2/25/15)
• Scored two points vs. Tennessee State (11/25/14)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 12 games
• Shot 50 percent from the field and 50 percent from the free-throw line
• Scored his first two points of the season vs. Liberty (11/23/13)
• Recorded career-highs with three points, five rebounds, two assists and nine minutes vs. Hampton (11/26/13)
• Tallied two points vs. Wake Forest (1/8/14)
• Played in seven games
• Appeared in three ACC contests
• Scored first career point vs. Green Bay (11/25/11)
• Earned 11 varsity letters from 2008-11 at St. Christopher's School in Richmond, Va.
• Three-time letterwinner as a guard in basketball for head coach Hamill Jones
• Three-time letterwinner as a quarterback for head coach Michael Turner in football
• Three-time letterwinner as a midfielder for head coach John Burke in lacrosse
• Two-time letterwinner in swimming
• Served as team captain in basketball, football and lacrosse
• Earned All-Prep and MVP honors in basketball
• Added All-Prep, All-State, All-Metro and MVP honors in football
• Earned All-Prep, MVP and Academic All-American honors in lacrosse
• Richmond-Times Dispatch Scholar-Athlete of the Year finalist in high school
• Named AP Scholar with Honor at St. Christopher's
• Graduated from St. Christopher's with high honors (GPA above 4.0)
• William Robert Vozenilek
• Born in Richmond, Va.
• Parents are Tom and Betty Baugh Vozenilek
• Mother, Betty, played collegiate tennis at North Carolina
• Father, Tom, played collegiate tennis at Pacific Lutheran University
• Has three brothers: Harrison, Alec and Charlie
• Has a younger sister, BB
• Brother, Alec, was a punter/kicker for the Virginia football team from 2012-15
• History major
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 4/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 4/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
Bennett Adds Another Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 4/1/2018
Virginia’s Tony Bennett was named the 2018 NABC Division I Coach of the Year, announced...
Bennett Earns Naismith Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 04/01/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the 2018 Werner Ladder Naismith Men's College Coach of the Year...
Bennett Named AP Coach of the Year
M. Basketball | 03/29/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the Associated Press (AP) Men's College Basketball Coach of the...
- Online Stores