Malcolm Brogdon scores 21 points
No. 13 Virginia Takes Down Clemson 69-62
Malcolm Brogdon scores 20 points to lead Virginia past ACC foe Clemson
No. 9 Virginia pulls away from Pitt 64-50
The Cavaliers improved to 7-3 in ACC play.
No. 11 Virginia shuts down No. 16 Louisville, 63-47
No 13. Virginia 69, Clemson 62 January 19, 2016
Photos from No. 8 Miami @ No. 13 Virginia on January 12, 2016.
• Named ACC Sixth Man of the Year by the ACC coaches in 2014-2015
• Averaged 6.9 points and 5.1 rebounds per game in 2014-15, both career highs
• Averaged 6.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per game in 2013-14
• Helped Team USA to the gold medal at the 2013 FIBA U19 World Championships in Prague, Czech Republic
• In 2012-13, scored in double figures in seven games and tallied a career-high 19 points, including 9-of-10 shooting from the field, vs. Wofford (12/30/12)
• Averaged 21 points and nine rebounds a game as a high school senior at Blair Academy (N.J.)
• Earned New Jersey Prep All-State honors at Blair Academy and was a first-team All-Mid Atlantic Prep League selection
• Played in all 34 games, including 11 starts
• Averaged 6.9 points and 5.1 rebounds per game, both career highs
• Shot 51.4 percent from the field and 74.6 percent from the free-throw line
• Named ACC Sixth Man of the Year by the ACC coaches
• Scored in double figures in 10 games
• Second on the team with 22 blocks
• Recorded 10 points and seven rebounds and two blocks vs. Norfolk State (11/16/14)
• Recorded a career-high 16 rebounds and scored 13 points vs. Tennessee State (11/25/14)
• Had 14 points and six rebounds at Maryland (12/3/14)
• Tallied 15 points and 10 rebounds vs. Harvard (12/21/14)
• Scored 14 points at Miami (1/3/15)
• Had 11 points and nine rebounds at NC State (2/11/15)
• Registered 11 points (5-6 FGs) and six rebounds vs. Florida State in ACC Tournament quarterfinals (3/12/15)
• Played in 37 games, including 28 starts
• Averaged 6.4 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.1 blocked shots in 18.1 minutes per game
• Shot 48.1 percent from the field, 33.3 percent from 3-point range and 67.9 percent from the free-throw line
• Scored in double figures in 11 games, including a season-high and team-high 18 points at Davidson (11/16/13)
• Had a career-high nine rebounds vs. VCU (11/12/13)
• Recorded 14 points and six rebounds vs. Missouri State (11/30/13)
• Tallied an ACC-high 16 points at NC State (1/11/14)
• Scored 14 points at Notre Dame (1/28/14)
• Had 14 points and five rebounds at Clemson (2/15/14)
• Tallied 11 points and eight rebounds vs. Syracuse (3/1/14)
• Registered 11 points, six rebounds and two blocked shots against Memphis (3/23/14) in the third round of the NCAA Tournament
• Played in 30 games and started two games
• Missed five games from Feb. 7-19 with mononucleosis
• Averaged 6.8 points and 2.9 rebounds per game
• Shot 53 percent from the field, 60 percent from 3-point range and 79.4 percent from the free-throw line
• Scored in double figures in seven games
• Tallied a career-high 19 points, including 9-of-10 shooting from the field, vs. Wofford (12/30/12)
• Led Virginia with 17 points against Seattle (11/17/12)
• Had a team-leading 14 points and seven rebounds at Wake Forest (1/9/13)
• Recorded a career-best seven rebounds in four games
• Had a career-high three blocked shots vs. Mississippi Valley State (12/8/12) and Iowa (3/27/13)
• Was part of the first Virginia freshman trio, along with Justin Anderson and Taylor Barnette, to start a game at UVa, starting the season opener at George Mason (11/9/12)
• Attended Blair Academy (N.J.) as a senior and played for head coach Joe Montegna
• Averaged 21 points and nine rebounds per game at Blair Academy
• Earned New Jersey Prep All-State honors and was a first-team All-Mid Atlantic Prep League selection
• MVP of the New York City-New Jersey Challenge
• Blair Academy MVP
• Blair Academy compiled a record of 18-7 during the regular season and won the MAPL Tournament in 2011-12
• Lost to St. Benedict's in the state final
• Attended The Hotchkiss School (Conn.) as a junior and played for head coach Fred Benjamin
• Averaged 15.7 points, 11.1 rebounds and four blocked shots per game at The Hotchkiss School and earned first-team All-Tri-State honors
• Attended Don Bosco Prep (N.J.) as a sophomore and played for head coach Kevin Diverio
• Top 100 Recruit by ESPN and Rivals.com
• Played in the Capital Classic
• Michael Edward Tobey
• Parents are Kathleen and Ken Tobey
• Has an older brother, Kenneth, and a younger sister, Elizabeth
• His father played basketball at St. Thomas Aquinas College
• Volunteered in the Monroe Free Library Summer Reading Program, at St. Anastasia Religious Education Center and at local basketball camps
• Ran a basketball clinic at a local youth summer camp
• History major
Short-Handed Cavaliers' Struggles ContinueWomen's Basketball2/8/16Since losing All-ACC guard Faith Randolph, the Virginia women's basketball team has lost six of eight games. UVA hosts Syracuse on Thursday night.Selflessness Fuels Cavaliers' Latest TriumphMen's Basketball2/6/16Ninth-ranked Virginia totaled 17 assists in its 64-50 win over ACC rival Pittsburgh at the sold-out Petersen Events Center on Saturday afternoon.'Hoos Heading Into Hostile TerritoryMen's Basketball2/5/16At noon Saturday, in a game to be shown on the ACC Network, No. 9 Virginia (18-4, 7-3) plays Pitt (17-4, 6-3) at the Petersen Events Center.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Early Test Exposes Cavaliers' Flaws
M. Basketball | 11/17/2015
After losing 73-68 Monday night to George Washington in Washington, D.C., sixth-ranked Virginia...
No. 6 Virginia Drops Road Contest at George Washington, 73-68
M. Basketball | 11/16/2015
Virginia (1-1) was led by Malcolm Brogdon, who had 28 points and eight rebounds. Brogdon was the ...
No. 6 Virginia Plays at George Washington on Monday
M. Basketball | 11/15/2015
No. 6 Virginia (1-0) continues non-conference action at George Washington on Monday (Nov. 16)....
No. 6 Virginia Cruises Past Morgan State in Season Opener,...
M. Basketball | 11/13/2015
Mike Tobey had 15 points and eight rebounds and No. 6 Virginia shook off early shooting problems ...
Jeff White: Perrantes Ready to Get Rolling Again
M. Basketball | 11/12/2015
London Perrantes' third season as Virginia's starting point guard begins Friday at John Paul...
No. 6 Virginia Hosts Morgan State in Season Opener on Friday
M. Basketball | 11/12/2015
No. 6 Virginia hosts Morgan State in season-opening men's basketball action on Friday (Nov. 13). ...
UVA Men's Basketball Signs Four Student-Athletes
M. Basketball | 11/12/2015
Kyle Guy (Indianapolis, Ind./Lawrence Central), Jay Huff (Durham, N.C./Voyager Academy), De'Andre...
Jeff White: Long Wait Nearly Over for Cavalier Duo
M. Basketball | 11/09/2015
After sitting out the 2014-15 season, 6-11 center Jack Salt and 6-4 guard Darius Thompson are...
- Online Stores