Jan. 6, 2013
• The Cavaliers are 4-0 in ACC openers under Tony Bennett and have won their conference opener five straight years
• Virginia snapped a three-game losing streak to North Carolina
• The Tar Heels suffered their first loss at JPJA (1-4); UNC had been the only ACC team undefeated at the arena
• North Carolina was held to a season-low 52 points (previous low - 59 at Indiana)
• The Cavaliers improved to 9-1 when scoring at least 60 points this season
• Virginia had just one double-figure scorer (Harris) for the first time this season (last time- Mike Scott vs. Florida in 2012 NCAA Tournament)
• Virginia trailed at the half (25-24) for the first time in 11 games (Delaware)
• Joe Harris (19 pts) scored in double figures for the 12th time this season
• Harris led the team in scoring for the ninth time this season
• Akil Mitchell (11 rebs) had double-digit rebounds for the sixth time this season
• Jontel Evans made his first appearance since Tennessee (Dec. 5), having missed the last four games due to injury
• Evans scored a season-high eight points
Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.Kwiatkowski Sets Standard On and Off CourtMen's Tennis2/16/17Thai-Son Kwiatkowski, one of top-ranked Virginia's best players, also has distinguished himself in the McIntire School of Commerce.Grueling Stretch Continues for 'HoosMen's Basketball2/16/17No. 14 Virginia, which lost Wednesday night to No. 12 Duke at JPJ, meets No. 10 North Carolina in Chapel Hill on Saturday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 14 Virginia Hosts Miami Monday Night
M. Basketball | 2/19/2017
No. 14 Virginia hosts Miami on Monday, Feb. 20. Tipoff at John Paul Jones Arena is set for 7 p.m....
Jeff White: Slumping Cavaliers Look to Regroup
M. Basketball | 2/19/2017
No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC...
No. 14 Cavaliers fall to No. 10 Tar Heels 65-41
M. Basketball | 2/18/2017
Justin Jackson scored 20 points to help No. 10 North Carolina beat No. 14 Virginia 65-41 on...
No. 10 North Carolina Next For No. 14 Virginia
M. Basketball | 2/17/2017
No. 14 Virginia (18-7, 8-5 ACC) plays at No. 10 North Carolina (22-5, 10-3 ACC) on Saturday, Feb....
Jeff White: Grueling Stretch Continues for 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 2/16/2017
No. 14 Virginia, which lost Wednesday night to No. 12 Duke at JPJ, meets No. 10 North Carolina in...
No. 14 Virginia Falls to No. 12 Duke, 65-55
M. Basketball | 2/15/2017
London Perrantes scored 14 points to lead Virginia (18-7, 8-5) and Ty Jerome had 13.
No. 14 UVA Hosts No. 12 Duke on Wednesday
M. Basketball | 02/14/2017
No. 14 Virginia (18-6, 8-4 ACC) hosts No. 12 Duke (20-5, 8-4 ACC) on Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 9:10 p...
Jeff White: Gauntlet Continues for Cavaliers
M. Basketball | 02/13/2017
Over the next week, No. 12 Virginia will face No. 18 Duke, No. 8 North Carolina and Miami, ACC...
- Online Stores