Jan. 6, 2013
• The Cavaliers are 4-0 in ACC openers under Tony Bennett and have won their conference opener five straight years
• Virginia snapped a three-game losing streak to North Carolina
• The Tar Heels suffered their first loss at JPJA (1-4); UNC had been the only ACC team undefeated at the arena
• North Carolina was held to a season-low 52 points (previous low - 59 at Indiana)
• The Cavaliers improved to 9-1 when scoring at least 60 points this season
• Virginia had just one double-figure scorer (Harris) for the first time this season (last time- Mike Scott vs. Florida in 2012 NCAA Tournament)
• Virginia trailed at the half (25-24) for the first time in 11 games (Delaware)
• Joe Harris (19 pts) scored in double figures for the 12th time this season
• Harris led the team in scoring for the ninth time this season
• Akil Mitchell (11 rebs) had double-digit rebounds for the sixth time this season
• Jontel Evans made his first appearance since Tennessee (Dec. 5), having missed the last four games due to injury
• Evans scored a season-high eight points
'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.Cross Training for Heavier WorkloadFootball9/15/17Redshirt freshman De'Vante Cross, who expected to play quarterback and receiver for Virginia this fall, is now practicing at cornerback, too.Mack's Impact Continues to GrowFootball9/13/17Sophomore linebacker Jordan Mack had a career-high 16 tackles last weekend for Virginia (1-1), which meets UConn (1-0) on Saturday at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Announces Game Times and TV Designations for Seven Contests
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 8/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 6/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 05/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 05/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
- Online Stores