Jan. 8, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 11 Virginia 79, Wake Forest 62
Sunday, Jan. 8, 2017
• Virginia is 65-70 all-time against Wake Forest (won six of last seven)
• UVA is 145-38 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 107-22 under Tony Bennett and 72-7 over the past five seasons
• UVA is 36-2 in ACC home games over the last five seasons
• UVA is 87-5 when scoring at least 70 points under Tony Bennett
• UVA is 10-0 this season when out-rebounding its opponent
• UVA held Wake Forest to 29 points in the first half, the 13th time UVA has limited an opponent to fewer than 30 points in the first half this year
• UVA trailed 29-28 at the half and is 2-1 this year when trailing at intermission
• UVA blocked a season-high eight shots
• London Perrantes made his 115th career start, ninth all-time at UVA
• Perrantes scored a season-high 24 points, the second most in his career and two shy of his career high
• Perrantes' scoring output was the most by a Cavalier this year (Kyle Guy, 20 vs. Grambling State)
• Marial Shayok matched a career high with 17 points and reached double figures for the third straight game
• Devon Hall (13 points) reached double figures for the fourth straight game and the fifth time in the last six games
• Hall also had eight rebounds and is averaging seven boards per game in ACC play
• Isaiah Wilkins blocked a career-high five shots
'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 75-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Grind Out Win in Opener
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
For the second straight year, UVA opened the season with a win over UNC Greensboro. This one was ...
- Online Stores