Jan. 9, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
Georgia Tech 68, No. 4 Virginia 64
Saturday, Jan. 9, 2016
- UVA's three-game winning streak against Georgia Tech ended with the loss
- UVA has dropped back-to-back games for the first time since losing to Wisconsin and Green Bay in December of 2013
- Virginia is 38-39 all-time vs. Georgia Tech, including a 12-24 road record
- Virginia trailed 33-18 in the first half, marking its largest first-half deficit of the season
- UVA trailed at the half (35-24) for the fourth time in its last five games
- UVA is 3-3 (0-2 ACC) when trailing at the half in 2015-16
- Malcolm Brogdon (19 points) reached double figures for the 14th straight game
- Anthony Gill (11 points) has reached double figures in all 15 games
- Marial Shayok (6 points) and Mike Tobey (7 points, 7 rebounds) made their first starts since Dec. 5 vs. William & Mary
- Evan Nolte played a season-high 16 minutes
- Brogdon scored Virginia's first seven points of the game before a Jarred Reuter layup at 12:22 of the first half
- Shayok's 3-pointer tied the game at 49-49 at 6:09 of the second half, but Georgia Tech answered with an 11-0 run as UVA went scoreless for 4:27
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 4/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 4/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
Bennett Adds Another Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 4/1/2018
Virginia’s Tony Bennett was named the 2018 NABC Division I Coach of the Year, announced...
Bennett Earns Naismith Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 04/01/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the 2018 Werner Ladder Naismith Men's College Coach of the Year...
Bennett Named AP Coach of the Year
M. Basketball | 03/29/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the Associated Press (AP) Men's College Basketball Coach of the...
- Online Stores