Jan. 9, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
Georgia Tech 68, No. 4 Virginia 64
Saturday, Jan. 9, 2016
- UVA's three-game winning streak against Georgia Tech ended with the loss
- UVA has dropped back-to-back games for the first time since losing to Wisconsin and Green Bay in December of 2013
- Virginia is 38-39 all-time vs. Georgia Tech, including a 12-24 road record
- Virginia trailed 33-18 in the first half, marking its largest first-half deficit of the season
- UVA trailed at the half (35-24) for the fourth time in its last five games
- UVA is 3-3 (0-2 ACC) when trailing at the half in 2015-16
- Malcolm Brogdon (19 points) reached double figures for the 14th straight game
- Anthony Gill (11 points) has reached double figures in all 15 games
- Marial Shayok (6 points) and Mike Tobey (7 points, 7 rebounds) made their first starts since Dec. 5 vs. William & Mary
- Evan Nolte played a season-high 16 minutes
- Brogdon scored Virginia's first seven points of the game before a Jarred Reuter layup at 12:22 of the first half
- Shayok's 3-pointer tied the game at 49-49 at 6:09 of the second half, but Georgia Tech answered with an 11-0 run as UVA went scoreless for 4:27
Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Salt Evolving Into Pivotal Presence
M. Basketball | 10/17/2017
A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA,...
Blue-White Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set for Sunday
M. Basketball | 9/26/2017
The University of Virginia will host a pair of preseason events on Sunday, Oct. 22 at John Paul...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/16/2017
The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is...
On-Sale Dates Announced for Single-Game Tickets
M. Basketball | 10/9/2017
The Virginia athletics department announced Monday (Oct. 9) the on-sale dates for single-game...
UVA Announces Times and TV Designations for Seven Games
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 08/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 06/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
- Online Stores