Jan. 12, 2013
- Virginia (11-5, 1-2 ACC) has lost consecutive games for the first time this season.
- Virginia is 0-4 in its last four games at Clemson.
- The Cavaliers were held to a season low 44 points.
- The Cavaliers trailed at the half (24-20) for the third consecutive game.
- Virginia's 20 first half points marked a season low in ACC games.
- The Cavaliers were scoreless (0-2) from the free throw line in the first half for the second time this season (12/22/12 vs. Old Dominion 0-2).
- Clemson's 76.9 percent shooting (10-13) from the field in the second half marked a season \high vs. Virginia this season.
- Virginia allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent or better from the field for the second time this season (11/9/12 vs. George Mason 54.5 percent).
- Joe Harris (14 points) led Virginia in scoring for the 10th time.
- Akil Mitchell (nine rebounds) led Virginia in rebounding for the 12th time.
'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Stay Positive in Face of AdversityFootball9/23/16Coming off back-to-back road games, Virginia (0-3) hosts Central Michigan (3-0) at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Scott Stadium.Darden Workshop Offers Coaches Fresh PerspectiveGeneral Release9/22/16More than a dozen coaches and staffers from UVA Athletics recently participated in a professional development workshop at the Darden School of Business.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pepsi Blue-White Scrimmage and Meet the Teams Day Set For...
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men’s team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 9/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/12/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference released the 2016-17 men’s basketball schedules for its...
Jeff White: Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' Bond
M. Basketball | 8/20/2016
Head coach Tony Bennett's team came together on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Heading Home On High Note
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars...
UVA Finishes Spain Tour Unbeaten at 5-0
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team recorded a pair of wins over the Sant Julià All-Stars...
Jeff White: Hall Eager To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 08/16/2016
Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility...
Cavaliers Post 70-44 Win Over Arcos Albacete
M. Basketball | 08/13/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team rolled to a 70-44 win over Arcos Albacete on Saturday (Aug. 13...
- Online Stores