Jan. 24, 2013
• The Cavaliers (13-5, 3-2 ACC) have won three straight games at Virginia Tech for the first time since winning five straight from 1939-47.
• The 16-point win vs. Virginia Tech was the largest margin of victory for UVa against the Hokies since a 64-48 win at Blacksburg on Nov. 24, 2000.
• Virginia led at the half (34-25) for the 11th time overall and for the second time in five ACC games.
• Virginia’s eight 3-pointers in the first half marked a season high for a half this season.
• Virginia made a season-high 11 3-pointers in the game.
• The last time UVa made 10 3-pointers in a game was March 1, 2011 vs. NC State.
• Virginia Tech’s Erick Green’s 35 points marked the most points by an individual opponent in the Tony Bennett era and most since Duke’s J.J. Redick scored 40 on Jan. 28, 2006.
• Evan Nolte had career highs in points (18), 3-pointers (5) and steals (4).
• Joe Harris (17 points) tied a season high with four 3-pointers
• Freshman Mike Tobey (10 points) reached double figures for the fourth time.
• Justin Anderson had a career-high six assists, reached doubles figures in points (11) for the fourth time and tied a season high with three steals.
• Akil Mitchell (8 rebounds) led Virginia in rebounding for the 13th time.
Blundin Joining Elite Group at UVAFootball10/28/16At halftime Saturday at Scott Stadium, Matt Blundin will become the 24th former UVA football player to have his jersey retired.Success Won't Change Cavaliers' MentalityMen's Basketball10/27/16Virginia, which reached the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight in 2015-16, was picked to finish third in the ACC this season.Morse Making Seamless Transition at UVAWomen's Soccer10/26/16Midfielder Zoe Morse has played the most of any freshman for No. 8 Virginia, which closes the regular season Thursday night at Louisville.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Nichols Suspended for Season Opener and Scrimmages
M. Basketball | 10/28/2016
Austin Nichols (Collierville, Tenn.) has been suspended for the Cavaliers' two preseason...
Jeff White: Success Won't Change Cavaliers' Mentality
M. Basketball | 10/27/2016
Virginia, which reached the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight in 2015-16, was picked to finish third ...
Virginia Selected Third at ACC Operation Basketball
M. Basketball | 10/26/2016
UVA was selected third in the preseason poll while senior guard London Perrantes was named to the...
Nichols Named to Malone Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/20/2016
Virginia’s Austin Nichols (Collierville, Tenn.) was one of 20 players named to the watch...
Jeff White: Media Day Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/18/2016
Virginia, which reached the Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC...
Perrantes Named to Cousy Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was one of 20 players named to the watch list for...
Jeff White: Reuter Ready To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
A 6-7, 243-pound sophomore from Marion, Mass., Jarred Reuter is competing for a starting spot in ...
On-Sale Dates For Single-Game Tickets Announced
M. Basketball | 10/10/2016
The University of Virginia announced the on-sale dates for single-game tickets for men’s...
- Online Stores