Jan. 24, 2013
• The Cavaliers (13-5, 3-2 ACC) have won three straight games at Virginia Tech for the first time since winning five straight from 1939-47.
• The 16-point win vs. Virginia Tech was the largest margin of victory for UVa against the Hokies since a 64-48 win at Blacksburg on Nov. 24, 2000.
• Virginia led at the half (34-25) for the 11th time overall and for the second time in five ACC games.
• Virginia’s eight 3-pointers in the first half marked a season high for a half this season.
• Virginia made a season-high 11 3-pointers in the game.
• The last time UVa made 10 3-pointers in a game was March 1, 2011 vs. NC State.
• Virginia Tech’s Erick Green’s 35 points marked the most points by an individual opponent in the Tony Bennett era and most since Duke’s J.J. Redick scored 40 on Jan. 28, 2006.
• Evan Nolte had career highs in points (18), 3-pointers (5) and steals (4).
• Joe Harris (17 points) tied a season high with four 3-pointers
• Freshman Mike Tobey (10 points) reached double figures for the fourth time.
• Justin Anderson had a career-high six assists, reached doubles figures in points (11) for the fourth time and tied a season high with three steals.
• Akil Mitchell (8 rebounds) led Virginia in rebounding for the 13th time.
Casey's Return Buoys CavaliersBaseball2/22/17Derek Casey, who missed the 2016 season while recovering from Tommy John surgery, pitched five strong innings in No. 14 Virginia's home opener.Perrantes Searching for AnswersMen's Basketball2/21/17Senior point guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his past four games, all Virginia losses.'Hoos Savor Latest ITA TitleMen's Tennis2/20/17In men's tennis, Virginia won its sixth ITA National Team Indoors Championship, defending Ohio State 4-1 at the Boar's Head Sports Club.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Perrantes Searching for Answers
M. Basketball | 2/21/2017
Senior guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his...
No. 18 Virginia Falls to Miami 54-48 in OT
M. Basketball | 2/20/2017
Devon Hall scored 15 points to lead the Cavaliers, but No. 18 Virginia fell to Miami in overtime ...
No. 14 Virginia Hosts Miami Monday Night
M. Basketball | 2/19/2017
No. 14 Virginia hosts Miami on Monday, Feb. 20. Tipoff at John Paul Jones Arena is set for 7 p.m....
Jeff White: Slumping Cavaliers Look to Regroup
M. Basketball | 2/19/2017
No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC...
No. 14 Cavaliers fall to No. 10 Tar Heels 65-41
M. Basketball | 2/18/2017
Justin Jackson scored 20 points to help No. 10 North Carolina beat No. 14 Virginia 65-41 on...
No. 10 North Carolina Next For No. 14 Virginia
M. Basketball | 2/17/2017
No. 14 Virginia (18-7, 8-5 ACC) plays at No. 10 North Carolina (22-5, 10-3 ACC) on Saturday, Feb....
Jeff White: Grueling Stretch Continues for 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 02/16/2017
No. 14 Virginia, which lost Wednesday night to No. 12 Duke at JPJ, meets No. 10 North Carolina in...
No. 14 Virginia Falls to No. 12 Duke, 65-55
M. Basketball | 02/15/2017
London Perrantes scored 14 points to lead Virginia (18-7, 8-5) and Ty Jerome had 13.
- Online Stores