Jan. 24, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 12 Virginia 71, No. 14 Notre Dame 54
Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2017
• Virginia (16-3, 6-2 ACC) has won five straight games, including road contests at Clemson, Boston College and Notre Dame
• Virginia has a 10-game winning streak against Notre Dame
• UVA is 6-1 in true road games and has an ACC-leading 23-9 league road record in the 15-team ACC era (since 2013-14)
• UVA improved to 2-2 vs. ranked foes this season
• Tony Bennett recorded his 250th career win (181 at UVA and 69 at Washington State)
• UVA led Notre Dame 27-26 at halftime, highlighted by Perrantes’ 10 points
• UVA owned a 38-22 rebounding advantage and the +16 rebounding margin was its highest in ACC play
• London Perrantes (22 points) moved into 44th on UVA’s all-time scoring list with 1,027 career points, passing Scott McCandlish (1,026), Mamadi Diane (1,022 points) and Mac Caldwell (1,013 points).
• Marial Shayok (10 points) has 10+ points in seven of the last eight games
• Devon Hall (11 points) reached double figures for the seventh time in eight contests
• Hall matched a career high with nine rebounds
• Isaiah Wilkins tallied 13 points and nine rebounds and had a career-best nine made free throws
• Ty Jerome had a career-high eight points in 14 minutes off the bench
'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 75-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Grind Out Win in Opener
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
For the second straight year, UVA opened the season with a win over UNC Greensboro. This one was ...
- Online Stores