Jan. 26, 2013
• Virginia shot 56.3% from the floor, marking the first time the Cavaliers have shot 50% or better in consecutive games since at Seattle (12/21/11) and vs. Maryland-Eastern Shore (12/27/11) last season
• Virginia shot 77.3% from the floor in the second half, marking a season high for a half and highest since shooting 78.3% (18-of-23) in second half vs. Georgia Tech on Feb. 7, 1984
• The Cavaliers extended their home win streak to 11 games and are 12-1 at JPJA this season
• Virginia improves to 11-1 when scoring at least 60 points this season
• The 14-point margin matched the combined margin of Boston College’s first four ACC losses this season
• The Cavaliers have held all six of their ACC opponents under 60 points
• Akil Mitchell (16 pts) scored in double figures for the 14th time this season
• Justin Anderson (16 pts) scored in double figures for the fifth time this season and in consecutive games for the first time in his career
Player Career Highs
• Justin Anderson scored a career-high 16 points
• Paul Jesperson had a career-high seven rebounds
• Paul Jesperson had a career-high three steals
• Joe Harris tied a career high with three blocks
Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.Lucas Playing Key Role in TurnaroundField Hockey10/20/16Carrera Lucas' play at goalkeeper has helped No.9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 Louisville on Friday night, win seven of its past eight games.Media Day NotebookMen's Basketball10/18/16Virginia, which advanced to the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC Greensboro at the Greensboro Coliseum.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Sunday
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men's team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p.m.,...
Nichols Named to Malone Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/20/2016
Virginia’s Austin Nichols (Collierville, Tenn.) was one of 20 players named to the watch...
Jeff White: Media Day Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/18/2016
Virginia, which reached the Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC...
Perrantes Named to Cousy Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was one of 20 players named to the watch list for...
Jeff White: Reuter Ready To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
A 6-7, 243-pound sophomore from Marion, Mass., Jarred Reuter is competing for a starting spot in ...
On-Sale Dates For Single-Game Tickets Announced
M. Basketball | 10/10/2016
The University of Virginia announced the on-sale dates for single-game tickets for men’s...
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 09/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 09/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
- Online Stores