Jan. 26, 2013
• Virginia shot 56.3% from the floor, marking the first time the Cavaliers have shot 50% or better in consecutive games since at Seattle (12/21/11) and vs. Maryland-Eastern Shore (12/27/11) last season
• Virginia shot 77.3% from the floor in the second half, marking a season high for a half and highest since shooting 78.3% (18-of-23) in second half vs. Georgia Tech on Feb. 7, 1984
• The Cavaliers extended their home win streak to 11 games and are 12-1 at JPJA this season
• Virginia improves to 11-1 when scoring at least 60 points this season
• The 14-point margin matched the combined margin of Boston College’s first four ACC losses this season
• The Cavaliers have held all six of their ACC opponents under 60 points
• Akil Mitchell (16 pts) scored in double figures for the 14th time this season
• Justin Anderson (16 pts) scored in double figures for the fifth time this season and in consecutive games for the first time in his career
Player Career Highs
• Justin Anderson scored a career-high 16 points
• Paul Jesperson had a career-high seven rebounds
• Paul Jesperson had a career-high three steals
• Joe Harris tied a career high with three blocks
Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.Diakite Growing Into Larger RoleMen's Basketball11/29/16Redshirt freshman Mamadi Diakite is averaging 7.2 points and a team-high 2.6 blocks for No. 6 Virginia, which hosts Ohio State at JPJ on Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 6 UVA Entertains No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/2/2016
No. 6 Virginia (7-0) hosts No. 25 West Virginia (5-1) in in men’s basketball non-conference...
Jeff White: Home-Court Advantage Pivotal Again
M. Basketball | 12/1/2016
No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games...
Perrantes leads No. 6 UVA past Ohio State, 63-61
M. Basketball | 11/30/2016
London Perrantes scored 15 of his 19 points in the second half and No. 7 Virginia overcame a...
Jeff White: Diakite Growing Into Larger Role
M. Basketball | 11/29/2016
Redshirt freshman Mamadi Diakite is averaging 7.2 points and a team-high 2.6 blocks for No. 6...
No. 6 UVA Hosts Ohio State in ACC/B1G Challenge
M. Basketball | 11/29/2016
No. 6 Virginia (6-0) hosts Ohio State (6-0) in the 2017 ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday (Nov. ...
No. 7 Virginia Downs Providence For Emerald Coast Title, 63-52
M. Basketball | 11/26/2016
London Perrantes and Darius Thompson scored 11 points each and No. 7 Virginia beat Providence 63-...
No. 7 Virginia Defeats Iowa, 74-41
M. Basketball | 11/25/2016
Jarred Reuter led a well-balanced scoring attack with 14 points and Virginia's stifling trademark...
No. 7 UVA Battles Iowa in Emerald Coast Classic Friday
M. Basketball | 11/23/2016
No. 7 Virginia (4-0) battles Iowa (3-1) in the semifinals of the Emerald Coast Classic on Friday ...
- Online Stores