Jan. 26, 2013
• Virginia shot 56.3% from the floor, marking the first time the Cavaliers have shot 50% or better in consecutive games since at Seattle (12/21/11) and vs. Maryland-Eastern Shore (12/27/11) last season
• Virginia shot 77.3% from the floor in the second half, marking a season high for a half and highest since shooting 78.3% (18-of-23) in second half vs. Georgia Tech on Feb. 7, 1984
• The Cavaliers extended their home win streak to 11 games and are 12-1 at JPJA this season
• Virginia improves to 11-1 when scoring at least 60 points this season
• The 14-point margin matched the combined margin of Boston College’s first four ACC losses this season
• The Cavaliers have held all six of their ACC opponents under 60 points
• Akil Mitchell (16 pts) scored in double figures for the 14th time this season
• Justin Anderson (16 pts) scored in double figures for the fifth time this season and in consecutive games for the first time in his career
Player Career Highs
• Justin Anderson scored a career-high 16 points
• Paul Jesperson had a career-high seven rebounds
• Paul Jesperson had a career-high three steals
• Joe Harris tied a career high with three blocks
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pepsi Blue-White Scrimmage to Benefit Hurricane Relief
M. Basketball | 10/19/2017
Cash donations will be accepted upon entry to the Blue-White Scrimmage at John Paul Jones Arena. ...
Jeff White: Salt Evolving Into Pivotal Presence
M. Basketball | 10/17/2017
A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA,...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/16/2017
The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is...
On-Sale Dates Announced for Single-Game Tickets
M. Basketball | 10/9/2017
The Virginia athletics department announced Monday (Oct. 9) the on-sale dates for single-game...
UVA Announces Times and TV Designations for Seven Games
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 08/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 06/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
- Online Stores