Jan. 29, 2013
• Virginia recorded its first ranked win of the season (tonight was first game against a ranked opponent)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 12 games, matching their longest JPJA win streak (12 straight wins, 1/16/07-11/27/07)
• Virginia remains undefeated against NC State at JPJA (5-0)
• The Wolfpack remain the only winless ACC team at JPJA
• The seven-point halftime deficit was the largest overcome by the Cavaliers in a win since down being down 10 at #15 Minnesota (down 37-27 at half, won 87-79 on 11/29/11)
• Virginia has held its first seven ACC opponents under 60 points for the first time in ACC history
• Akil Mitchell (14 pts, 12 rebs) had his seventh double-double of the season (eighth of his career)
• Joe Harris (22 pts) had his fourth 20-point game of the season (fifth of his career)
• Harris’ 22 points are an ACC career high and tie his season high
• Harris’ three highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Joe Harris scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mike Tobey (13 pts) scored in double figures for the fifth time in his career
• Mitchell’s 12 rebounds are an ACC career high
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 15th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied his season high and ACC career high with seven assists
• It was Evans’ fourth consecutive game with at least six assists
• Darion Atkins returned to action after missing the last three games due to injury (last played Jan. 12 at Clemson)
Player Career Highs
• Mike Tobey tied a career high with seven rebounds
Ellis Thrilled to Back in CoachingWrestling10/24/16The newest member of the Virginia wrestling team's coaching staff is assistant Mark Ellis, who won an NCAA title as a heavyweight at Missouri.North Carolina PostscriptFootball10/23/16Virginia, which trailed 14-7 at halftime, lost 35-14 to No. 22 North Carolina in an ACC game Saturday at Scott Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Sunday
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men's team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p.m.,...
Nichols Named to Malone Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/20/2016
Virginia’s Austin Nichols (Collierville, Tenn.) was one of 20 players named to the watch...
Jeff White: Media Day Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/18/2016
Virginia, which reached the Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC...
Perrantes Named to Cousy Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was one of 20 players named to the watch list for...
Jeff White: Reuter Ready To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
A 6-7, 243-pound sophomore from Marion, Mass., Jarred Reuter is competing for a starting spot in ...
On-Sale Dates For Single-Game Tickets Announced
M. Basketball | 10/10/2016
The University of Virginia announced the on-sale dates for single-game tickets for men’s...
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 09/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 09/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
- Online Stores