Jan. 29, 2013
• Virginia recorded its first ranked win of the season (tonight was first game against a ranked opponent)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 12 games, matching their longest JPJA win streak (12 straight wins, 1/16/07-11/27/07)
• Virginia remains undefeated against NC State at JPJA (5-0)
• The Wolfpack remain the only winless ACC team at JPJA
• The seven-point halftime deficit was the largest overcome by the Cavaliers in a win since down being down 10 at #15 Minnesota (down 37-27 at half, won 87-79 on 11/29/11)
• Virginia has held its first seven ACC opponents under 60 points for the first time in ACC history
• Akil Mitchell (14 pts, 12 rebs) had his seventh double-double of the season (eighth of his career)
• Joe Harris (22 pts) had his fourth 20-point game of the season (fifth of his career)
• Harris’ 22 points are an ACC career high and tie his season high
• Harris’ three highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Joe Harris scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mike Tobey (13 pts) scored in double figures for the fifth time in his career
• Mitchell’s 12 rebounds are an ACC career high
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 15th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied his season high and ACC career high with seven assists
• It was Evans’ fourth consecutive game with at least six assists
• Darion Atkins returned to action after missing the last three games due to injury (last played Jan. 12 at Clemson)
Player Career Highs
• Mike Tobey tied a career high with seven rebounds
Cavalier Football Notebook: Duke WeekFootball9/29/16Sophomore Olamide Zaccheaus is the leading receiver for Virginia, which opens ACC play Saturday afternoon against Duke in Durham, N.C.Conte's Impact Continues to GrowFootball9/28/16In his second year as a Virginia starter, graduate student Nicholas Conte (44.2-yard average) ranks among the nation's top punters.Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball FamilyMen's Basketball9/27/16At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of former head coach Terry Holland.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 9/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Blue-White Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Oct. 23
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men’s team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 9/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/12/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference released the 2016-17 men’s basketball schedules for its...
Jeff White: Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' Bond
M. Basketball | 8/20/2016
Head coach Tony Bennett's team came together on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Heading Home On High Note
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars...
UVA Finishes Spain Tour Unbeaten at 5-0
M. Basketball | 08/17/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team recorded a pair of wins over the Sant Julià All-Stars...
Jeff White: Hall Eager To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 08/16/2016
Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility...
- Online Stores