Jan. 29, 2013
• Virginia recorded its first ranked win of the season (tonight was first game against a ranked opponent)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 12 games, matching their longest JPJA win streak (12 straight wins, 1/16/07-11/27/07)
• Virginia remains undefeated against NC State at JPJA (5-0)
• The Wolfpack remain the only winless ACC team at JPJA
• The seven-point halftime deficit was the largest overcome by the Cavaliers in a win since down being down 10 at #15 Minnesota (down 37-27 at half, won 87-79 on 11/29/11)
• Virginia has held its first seven ACC opponents under 60 points for the first time in ACC history
• Akil Mitchell (14 pts, 12 rebs) had his seventh double-double of the season (eighth of his career)
• Joe Harris (22 pts) had his fourth 20-point game of the season (fifth of his career)
• Harris’ 22 points are an ACC career high and tie his season high
• Harris’ three highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Joe Harris scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mike Tobey (13 pts) scored in double figures for the fifth time in his career
• Mitchell’s 12 rebounds are an ACC career high
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 15th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied his season high and ACC career high with seven assists
• It was Evans’ fourth consecutive game with at least six assists
• Darion Atkins returned to action after missing the last three games due to injury (last played Jan. 12 at Clemson)
Player Career Highs
• Mike Tobey tied a career high with seven rebounds
Perrantes Searching for AnswersMen's Basketball2/21/17Senior point guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his past four games, all Virginia losses.'Hoos Savor Latest ITA TitleMen's Tennis2/20/17In men's tennis, Virginia won its sixth ITA National Team Indoors Championship, defending Ohio State 4-1 at the Boar's Head Sports Club.Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Perrantes Searching for Answers
M. Basketball | 2/21/2017
Senior guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his...
No. 18 Virginia Falls to Miami 54-48 in OT
M. Basketball | 2/20/2017
Devon Hall scored 15 points to lead the Cavaliers, but No. 18 Virginia fell to Miami in overtime ...
No. 14 Virginia Hosts Miami Monday Night
M. Basketball | 2/19/2017
No. 14 Virginia hosts Miami on Monday, Feb. 20. Tipoff at John Paul Jones Arena is set for 7 p.m....
Jeff White: Slumping Cavaliers Look to Regroup
M. Basketball | 2/19/2017
No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC...
No. 14 Cavaliers fall to No. 10 Tar Heels 65-41
M. Basketball | 2/18/2017
Justin Jackson scored 20 points to help No. 10 North Carolina beat No. 14 Virginia 65-41 on...
No. 10 North Carolina Next For No. 14 Virginia
M. Basketball | 2/17/2017
No. 14 Virginia (18-7, 8-5 ACC) plays at No. 10 North Carolina (22-5, 10-3 ACC) on Saturday, Feb....
Jeff White: Grueling Stretch Continues for 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 02/16/2017
No. 14 Virginia, which lost Wednesday night to No. 12 Duke at JPJ, meets No. 10 North Carolina in...
No. 14 Virginia Falls to No. 12 Duke, 65-55
M. Basketball | 02/15/2017
London Perrantes scored 14 points to lead Virginia (18-7, 8-5) and Ty Jerome had 13.
- Online Stores