Jan. 29, 2013
• Virginia recorded its first ranked win of the season (tonight was first game against a ranked opponent)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 12 games, matching their longest JPJA win streak (12 straight wins, 1/16/07-11/27/07)
• Virginia remains undefeated against NC State at JPJA (5-0)
• The Wolfpack remain the only winless ACC team at JPJA
• The seven-point halftime deficit was the largest overcome by the Cavaliers in a win since down being down 10 at #15 Minnesota (down 37-27 at half, won 87-79 on 11/29/11)
• Virginia has held its first seven ACC opponents under 60 points for the first time in ACC history
• Akil Mitchell (14 pts, 12 rebs) had his seventh double-double of the season (eighth of his career)
• Joe Harris (22 pts) had his fourth 20-point game of the season (fifth of his career)
• Harris’ 22 points are an ACC career high and tie his season high
• Harris’ three highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Joe Harris scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mike Tobey (13 pts) scored in double figures for the fifth time in his career
• Mitchell’s 12 rebounds are an ACC career high
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 15th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied his season high and ACC career high with seven assists
• It was Evans’ fourth consecutive game with at least six assists
• Darion Atkins returned to action after missing the last three games due to injury (last played Jan. 12 at Clemson)
Player Career Highs
• Mike Tobey tied a career high with seven rebounds
Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.Hard-Earned Break Next for Top-Ranked 'HoosMen's Basketball2/14/18No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla., doesn't play again until next Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Hard-Earned Break Next for Top-Ranked 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 2/14/2018
No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla.,...
No. 1 Virginia beats Miami 59-50
M. Basketball | 2/13/2018
No. 1 Virginia looked the part Tuesday, never trailing and holding Miami to 38 percent shooting...
Top-Ranked Virginia Plays at Miami Tuesday
M. Basketball | 2/12/2018
No. 1 Virginia (23-2, 12-1 ACC) plays at Miami (18-6, 7-5 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 13. Tipoff at...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Absorb Painful Lessons in Defeat
M. Basketball | 2/11/2018
Next up for No. 2 Virginia, whose 15-game winning streak ended Saturday night at John Paul Jones ...
No. 2 Virginia Falls in Overtime to Virginia Tech
M. Basketball | 2/10/2018
No. 2 Virginia fell 61-60 in overtime to Virginia Tech on Saturday night in John Paul Jones Arena.
No. 2 UVA Hosts Virginia Tech in Commonwealth Clash
M. Basketball | 2/9/2018
No. 2 Virginia (23-1, 12-0 ACC) hosts Virginia Tech on Saturday, Feb. 10. Tipoff at John Paul...
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Airs Tonight
M. Basketball | 02/14/2018
The weekly radio program "Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett" airs tonight across the Virginia...
Jeff White: Resilient Cavaliers Triumph in Tallahassee
M. Basketball | 02/08/2018
Four days after defeating Syracuse at the Carrier Dome, No. 2 Virginia won another ACC road game,...
- Online Stores