Jan. 29, 2013
• Virginia recorded its first ranked win of the season (tonight was first game against a ranked opponent)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 12 games, matching their longest JPJA win streak (12 straight wins, 1/16/07-11/27/07)
• Virginia remains undefeated against NC State at JPJA (5-0)
• The Wolfpack remain the only winless ACC team at JPJA
• The seven-point halftime deficit was the largest overcome by the Cavaliers in a win since down being down 10 at #15 Minnesota (down 37-27 at half, won 87-79 on 11/29/11)
• Virginia has held its first seven ACC opponents under 60 points for the first time in ACC history
• Akil Mitchell (14 pts, 12 rebs) had his seventh double-double of the season (eighth of his career)
• Joe Harris (22 pts) had his fourth 20-point game of the season (fifth of his career)
• Harris’ 22 points are an ACC career high and tie his season high
• Harris’ three highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Joe Harris scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mike Tobey (13 pts) scored in double figures for the fifth time in his career
• Mitchell’s 12 rebounds are an ACC career high
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 15th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied his season high and ACC career high with seven assists
• It was Evans’ fourth consecutive game with at least six assists
• Darion Atkins returned to action after missing the last three games due to injury (last played Jan. 12 at Clemson)
Player Career Highs
• Mike Tobey tied a career high with seven rebounds
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: 'Hoos Head Into Finals on High Note
M. Basketball | 12/7/2016
No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17,...
No. 14 Virginia bounces back, beats East Carolina 76-53
M. Basketball | 12/6/2016
Kyle Guy scored 13 points to lead five Virginia players in double figures, and the No. 14...
No. 14 UVA Hosts East Carolina on Tuesday
M. Basketball | 12/5/2016
No. 14 Virginia (7-1) hosts East Carolina (7-2) in in men’s basketball non-conference...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in Loss
M. Basketball | 12/3/2016
No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss...
No. 6 Virginia Falls to No. 25 West Virginia, 66-57
M. Basketball | 12/3/2016
Darius Thompson scored 14 points to lead the Virginia Cavaliers (7-1). UVA will face East...
No. 6 UVA Entertains No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/2/2016
No. 6 Virginia (7-0) hosts No. 25 West Virginia (5-1) in in men’s basketball non-conference...
Jeff White: Home-Court Advantage Pivotal Again
M. Basketball | 12/01/2016
No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games...
Perrantes leads No. 6 UVA past Ohio State, 63-61
M. Basketball | 11/30/2016
London Perrantes scored 15 of his 19 points in the second half and No. 7 Virginia overcame a...
- Online Stores