Jan. 29, 2013
• Virginia recorded its first ranked win of the season (tonight was first game against a ranked opponent)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 12 games, matching their longest JPJA win streak (12 straight wins, 1/16/07-11/27/07)
• Virginia remains undefeated against NC State at JPJA (5-0)
• The Wolfpack remain the only winless ACC team at JPJA
• The seven-point halftime deficit was the largest overcome by the Cavaliers in a win since down being down 10 at #15 Minnesota (down 37-27 at half, won 87-79 on 11/29/11)
• Virginia has held its first seven ACC opponents under 60 points for the first time in ACC history
• Akil Mitchell (14 pts, 12 rebs) had his seventh double-double of the season (eighth of his career)
• Joe Harris (22 pts) had his fourth 20-point game of the season (fifth of his career)
• Harris’ 22 points are an ACC career high and tie his season high
• Harris’ three highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Joe Harris scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mike Tobey (13 pts) scored in double figures for the fifth time in his career
• Mitchell’s 12 rebounds are an ACC career high
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 15th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied his season high and ACC career high with seven assists
• It was Evans’ fourth consecutive game with at least six assists
• Darion Atkins returned to action after missing the last three games due to injury (last played Jan. 12 at Clemson)
Player Career Highs
• Mike Tobey tied a career high with seven rebounds
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Salt Named to New Zealand FIBA World Cup Qualifier Team
M. Basketball | 6/23/2018
Virginia's Jack Salt has been named to the New Zealand National Team for a pair of FIBA World Cup...
Hall Selected by OKC in Second Round of 2018 NBA Draft
M. Basketball | 6/21/2018
Former Virginia guard Devon Hall was selected by the Oklahoma City Thunder in the second round of...
Jeff White: Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost Time
M. Basketball | 6/19/2018
A 7-1 forward who's coming shoulder surgery., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's...
Jeff White: Hall Working to Raise NBA Stock
M. Basketball | 6/12/2018
By the time the NBA draft arrives June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for...
Virginia to Play at Maryland in 2018 ACC/B1G Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/1/2018
Virginia will play at former ACC rival Maryland in the 20th ACC-B1G Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 28.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 05/02/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 04/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
- Online Stores