Feb. 1, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 9 Virginia 71, Virginia Tech 48
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
• Virginia is 90-54 all-time against Virginia Tech
• UVA is 147-38 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 109-22 under Tony Bennett and 74-7 over the past five seasons
• UVA is 38-2 in ACC home games over the last five seasons
• UVA produced its largest margin of victory over Virginia Tech since an 86-61 win on Jan. 23, 1991, in Richmond; it was UVA’s largest margin of victory against the Hokies in Charlottesville since a 48-point win on Feb. 18, 1955 (107-59)
• UVA held Virginia Tech to 21 points in the first half, the 18th time UVA has limited an opponent to fewer than 30 points in the first half this year
• UVA surrendered 21 first half points to Virginia Tech, the fewest scored by the Hokies in a half this season
• UVA allowed 48 points total to VT, the fewest scored by the Hokies this season
• UVA is 14-1 this season when out-rebounding its opponent
• UVA’s 25 field goals came off of 15 assists
• Virginia scored 17 second-chance points on the night, matching a season high
• London Perrantes’ two 3-pointers give him a total of 187 for his career, moving him past Malcolm Brogdon for sole possession of seventh place in UVA history
• Isaiah Wilkins scored a career-high 15 points, while also adding a career-high seven field goals and nine rebounds
• Wilkins has scored in double figures in each of the last three games, and four out of the last five
• Devon Hall scored a career-high 17 points and added nine rebounds in the contest, matching a career high
• Hall (17 points) reached double figures for the eighth time in nine ACC games
• Jack Salt recorded two blocks, matching a career-high
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 03/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
- Online Stores