Feb. 1, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 9 Virginia 71, Virginia Tech 48
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
• Virginia is 90-54 all-time against Virginia Tech
• UVA is 147-38 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 109-22 under Tony Bennett and 74-7 over the past five seasons
• UVA is 38-2 in ACC home games over the last five seasons
• UVA produced its largest margin of victory over Virginia Tech since an 86-61 win on Jan. 23, 1991, in Richmond; it was UVA’s largest margin of victory against the Hokies in Charlottesville since a 48-point win on Feb. 18, 1955 (107-59)
• UVA held Virginia Tech to 21 points in the first half, the 18th time UVA has limited an opponent to fewer than 30 points in the first half this year
• UVA surrendered 21 first half points to Virginia Tech, the fewest scored by the Hokies in a half this season
• UVA allowed 48 points total to VT, the fewest scored by the Hokies this season
• UVA is 14-1 this season when out-rebounding its opponent
• UVA’s 25 field goals came off of 15 assists
• Virginia scored 17 second-chance points on the night, matching a season high
• London Perrantes’ two 3-pointers give him a total of 187 for his career, moving him past Malcolm Brogdon for sole possession of seventh place in UVA history
• Isaiah Wilkins scored a career-high 15 points, while also adding a career-high seven field goals and nine rebounds
• Wilkins has scored in double figures in each of the last three games, and four out of the last five
• Devon Hall scored a career-high 17 points and added nine rebounds in the contest, matching a career high
• Hall (17 points) reached double figures for the eighth time in nine ACC games
• Jack Salt recorded two blocks, matching a career-high
'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia-Vanderbilt Clash on Thanksgiving Day
M. Basketball | 11/21/2017
Virginia (4-0) meets Vanderbilt in the semifinals of the NIT Season Tip-Off on Thanksgiving Day (...
Jeff White: Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay Unbeaten
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, Virginia defeated Monmouth...
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 73-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
- Online Stores