Feb. 6, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 12 Virginia 71, No. 4 Louisville 55
Monday, February 6, 2017
- Virginia is 10-4 all-time against Louisville, including a 5-1 mark in ACC action
- UVA recorded its first win over a top-five team since March 1, 2014, against then-No. 4 Syracuse
- UVA is 25-26 against ranked opponents under Tony Bennett
- UVA is 26-120 all-time against top-five opponents
- UVA is 148-38 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 110-22 under Tony Bennett and 75-7 over the past five seasons
- UVA is 39-2 in ACC home games over the last five seasons
- UVA is 15-1 this season when out-rebounding its opponent
- Louisville was out-rebounded for just the fifth time this year and for the second time by UVA
- Virginia matched a season high with eight blocked shots (Wake Forest)
- UVA trailed at the half for the fourth time this year (Ohio State, Pitt and Wake Forest)
- Louisville grabbed a season-low 20 rebounds, marking the first time it recorded fewer than 25 rebounds since a 24-rebound performance vs. South Florida on Jan. 12, 2012
- UVA is now 92-5 when scoring at least 70 points under Tony Bennett
- Louisville’s two lowest scoring outputs this season have come against UVA (53 in first game)
- UVA has held Louisville to 59 points or fewer points in each of the Cardinals’ six contests since joining the ACC
- London Perrantes made his 123rd career start and moved into a tie with Sean Singletary (2005-08) for seventh in program history
- Perrantes scored 18 points and moved into 43rd place on the all-time UVA scoring chart with 1,074 points, eclipsing Gene Engel (1961-63)
- Isaiah Wilkins recorded his first career double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds
- Wilkins also matched a career high with five blocks (previously five vs. Wake Forest, 1/8/17)
- Wilkins has scored in double figures in five out of the last seven games
Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Salt Evolving Into Pivotal Presence
M. Basketball | 10/17/2017
A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA,...
Blue-White Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set for Sunday
M. Basketball | 9/26/2017
The University of Virginia will host a pair of preseason events on Sunday, Oct. 22 at John Paul...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/16/2017
The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is...
On-Sale Dates Announced for Single-Game Tickets
M. Basketball | 10/9/2017
The Virginia athletics department announced Monday (Oct. 9) the on-sale dates for single-game...
UVA Announces Times and TV Designations for Seven Games
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 08/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 06/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
- Online Stores