Feb. 6, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 12 Virginia 71, No. 4 Louisville 55
Monday, February 6, 2017
- Virginia is 10-4 all-time against Louisville, including a 5-1 mark in ACC action
- UVA recorded its first win over a top-five team since March 1, 2014, against then-No. 4 Syracuse
- UVA is 25-26 against ranked opponents under Tony Bennett
- UVA is 26-120 all-time against top-five opponents
- UVA is 148-38 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 110-22 under Tony Bennett and 75-7 over the past five seasons
- UVA is 39-2 in ACC home games over the last five seasons
- UVA is 15-1 this season when out-rebounding its opponent
- Louisville was out-rebounded for just the fifth time this year and for the second time by UVA
- Virginia matched a season high with eight blocked shots (Wake Forest)
- UVA trailed at the half for the fourth time this year (Ohio State, Pitt and Wake Forest)
- Louisville grabbed a season-low 20 rebounds, marking the first time it recorded fewer than 25 rebounds since a 24-rebound performance vs. South Florida on Jan. 12, 2012
- UVA is now 92-5 when scoring at least 70 points under Tony Bennett
- Louisville’s two lowest scoring outputs this season have come against UVA (53 in first game)
- UVA has held Louisville to 59 points or fewer points in each of the Cardinals’ six contests since joining the ACC
- London Perrantes made his 123rd career start and moved into a tie with Sean Singletary (2005-08) for seventh in program history
- Perrantes scored 18 points and moved into 43rd place on the all-time UVA scoring chart with 1,074 points, eclipsing Gene Engel (1961-63)
- Isaiah Wilkins recorded his first career double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds
- Wilkins also matched a career high with five blocks (previously five vs. Wake Forest, 1/8/17)
- Wilkins has scored in double figures in five out of the last seven games
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
- Online Stores