Feb. 7, 2013
• Virginia’s 37-point win (78-41) over Clemson tonight marks the widest victory in an ACC game since Duke beat Maryland 85-44 on January, 24, 2009 (41 points)
• The Cavaliers’ 37-point victory was their largest against an ACC opponent since a 109-66 win over Duke (43 points) in the 1983 ACC Tournament (3/11/83)
• It was Virginia’s largest margin of victory in an ACC regular season game since a 83-42 win over Georgia Tech (41 pts) on Feb. 16, 1981
• Virginia extended its home winning streak to 13 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home win streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Clemson’s 10 first half points were the fewest allowed by the Cavaliers in a half since Maryland scored 10 second half points on Jan. 12, 1981
• Virginia’s 28-point lead at halftime (38-10) was its largest halftime lead against an ACC opponent since leading Georgia Tech 48-17 (31 pts) at the half on Feb. 16, 1981
• Virginia shot 55.6% from the floor (30-54), its eighth game shooting 50% or better this season
• Virginia had a season-high 12 steals
• Joe Harris (21 pts) scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Harris had his fifth 20-point game of the season (sixth of his career)
• Harris’ four highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 vs. NC State last week, 21 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Akil Mitchell (16 pts) scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mitchell’s 16 points tie his ACC career high
• Justin Anderson (14 pts) scored in double figures for the seventh time this season
• Jontel Evans had a season-high and ACC career-high eight assists
• Mike Tobey missed his first game of the season (out indefinitely with mononucleosis)
John Paul Jones Arena
• Clemson’s 10 first-half points are the fewest scored by any team in a half in arena history (previous low was 13 pts, last by Seattle in first half on Nov. 17, 2012)
Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost Time
M. Basketball | 6/19/2018
A 7-1 forward who's coming shoulder surgery., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's...
Jeff White: Hall Working to Raise NBA Stock
M. Basketball | 6/12/2018
By the time the NBA draft arrives June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for...
Virginia to Play at Maryland in 2018 ACC/B1G Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/1/2018
Virginia will play at former ACC rival Maryland in the 20th ACC-B1G Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 28.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 04/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 04/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
- Online Stores