Feb. 7, 2013
• Virginia’s 37-point win (78-41) over Clemson tonight marks the widest victory in an ACC game since Duke beat Maryland 85-44 on January, 24, 2009 (41 points)
• The Cavaliers’ 37-point victory was their largest against an ACC opponent since a 109-66 win over Duke (43 points) in the 1983 ACC Tournament (3/11/83)
• It was Virginia’s largest margin of victory in an ACC regular season game since a 83-42 win over Georgia Tech (41 pts) on Feb. 16, 1981
• Virginia extended its home winning streak to 13 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home win streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Clemson’s 10 first half points were the fewest allowed by the Cavaliers in a half since Maryland scored 10 second half points on Jan. 12, 1981
• Virginia’s 28-point lead at halftime (38-10) was its largest halftime lead against an ACC opponent since leading Georgia Tech 48-17 (31 pts) at the half on Feb. 16, 1981
• Virginia shot 55.6% from the floor (30-54), its eighth game shooting 50% or better this season
• Virginia had a season-high 12 steals
• Joe Harris (21 pts) scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Harris had his fifth 20-point game of the season (sixth of his career)
• Harris’ four highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 vs. NC State last week, 21 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Akil Mitchell (16 pts) scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mitchell’s 16 points tie his ACC career high
• Justin Anderson (14 pts) scored in double figures for the seventh time this season
• Jontel Evans had a season-high and ACC career-high eight assists
• Mike Tobey missed his first game of the season (out indefinitely with mononucleosis)
John Paul Jones Arena
• Clemson’s 10 first-half points are the fewest scored by any team in a half in arena history (previous low was 13 pts, last by Seattle in first half on Nov. 17, 2012)
'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Stay Positive in Face of AdversityFootball9/23/16Coming off back-to-back road games, Virginia (0-3) hosts Central Michigan (3-0) at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Scott Stadium.Darden Workshop Offers Coaches Fresh PerspectiveGeneral Release9/22/16More than a dozen coaches and staffers from UVA Athletics recently participated in a professional development workshop at the Darden School of Business.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pepsi Blue-White Scrimmage and Meet the Teams Day Set For...
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men’s team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 9/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/12/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference released the 2016-17 men’s basketball schedules for its...
Jeff White: Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' Bond
M. Basketball | 8/20/2016
Head coach Tony Bennett's team came together on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Heading Home On High Note
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars...
UVA Finishes Spain Tour Unbeaten at 5-0
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team recorded a pair of wins over the Sant Julià All-Stars...
Jeff White: Hall Eager To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 08/16/2016
Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility...
Cavaliers Post 70-44 Win Over Arcos Albacete
M. Basketball | 08/13/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team rolled to a 70-44 win over Arcos Albacete on Saturday (Aug. 13...
- Online Stores