Feb. 7, 2013
• Virginia’s 37-point win (78-41) over Clemson tonight marks the widest victory in an ACC game since Duke beat Maryland 85-44 on January, 24, 2009 (41 points)
• The Cavaliers’ 37-point victory was their largest against an ACC opponent since a 109-66 win over Duke (43 points) in the 1983 ACC Tournament (3/11/83)
• It was Virginia’s largest margin of victory in an ACC regular season game since a 83-42 win over Georgia Tech (41 pts) on Feb. 16, 1981
• Virginia extended its home winning streak to 13 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home win streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Clemson’s 10 first half points were the fewest allowed by the Cavaliers in a half since Maryland scored 10 second half points on Jan. 12, 1981
• Virginia’s 28-point lead at halftime (38-10) was its largest halftime lead against an ACC opponent since leading Georgia Tech 48-17 (31 pts) at the half on Feb. 16, 1981
• Virginia shot 55.6% from the floor (30-54), its eighth game shooting 50% or better this season
• Virginia had a season-high 12 steals
• Joe Harris (21 pts) scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Harris had his fifth 20-point game of the season (sixth of his career)
• Harris’ four highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 vs. NC State last week, 21 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Akil Mitchell (16 pts) scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mitchell’s 16 points tie his ACC career high
• Justin Anderson (14 pts) scored in double figures for the seventh time this season
• Jontel Evans had a season-high and ACC career-high eight assists
• Mike Tobey missed his first game of the season (out indefinitely with mononucleosis)
John Paul Jones Arena
• Clemson’s 10 first-half points are the fewest scored by any team in a half in arena history (previous low was 13 pts, last by Seattle in first half on Nov. 17, 2012)
Dreams Coming True for Opoku at UVAMen's Soccer9/22/17Edward Opoku, a native of Ghana, is the leading scorer for No. 9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 North Carolina on Friday night at Klöckner Stadium.Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Announces Times and TV Designations for Seven Games
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 8/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 6/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 05/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 05/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
- Online Stores