Feb. 7, 2013
• Virginia’s 37-point win (78-41) over Clemson tonight marks the widest victory in an ACC game since Duke beat Maryland 85-44 on January, 24, 2009 (41 points)
• The Cavaliers’ 37-point victory was their largest against an ACC opponent since a 109-66 win over Duke (43 points) in the 1983 ACC Tournament (3/11/83)
• It was Virginia’s largest margin of victory in an ACC regular season game since a 83-42 win over Georgia Tech (41 pts) on Feb. 16, 1981
• Virginia extended its home winning streak to 13 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home win streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Clemson’s 10 first half points were the fewest allowed by the Cavaliers in a half since Maryland scored 10 second half points on Jan. 12, 1981
• Virginia’s 28-point lead at halftime (38-10) was its largest halftime lead against an ACC opponent since leading Georgia Tech 48-17 (31 pts) at the half on Feb. 16, 1981
• Virginia shot 55.6% from the floor (30-54), its eighth game shooting 50% or better this season
• Virginia had a season-high 12 steals
• Joe Harris (21 pts) scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Harris had his fifth 20-point game of the season (sixth of his career)
• Harris’ four highest career scoring games (24 at Minnesota as a freshman, 22 at Wisconsin this season, 22 vs. NC State last week, 21 tonight) have all been on ESPN2
• Akil Mitchell (16 pts) scored in double figures for the 17th time this season
• Mitchell’s 16 points tie his ACC career high
• Justin Anderson (14 pts) scored in double figures for the seventh time this season
• Jontel Evans had a season-high and ACC career-high eight assists
• Mike Tobey missed his first game of the season (out indefinitely with mononucleosis)
John Paul Jones Arena
• Clemson’s 10 first-half points are the fewest scored by any team in a half in arena history (previous low was 13 pts, last by Seattle in first half on Nov. 17, 2012)
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: 'Hoos Head Into Finals on High Note
M. Basketball | 12/7/2016
No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17,...
No. 14 Virginia bounces back, beats East Carolina 76-53
M. Basketball | 12/6/2016
Kyle Guy scored 13 points to lead five Virginia players in double figures, and the No. 14...
No. 14 UVA Hosts East Carolina on Tuesday
M. Basketball | 12/5/2016
No. 14 Virginia (7-1) hosts East Carolina (7-2) in in men’s basketball non-conference...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in Loss
M. Basketball | 12/3/2016
No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss...
No. 6 Virginia Falls to No. 25 West Virginia, 66-57
M. Basketball | 12/3/2016
Darius Thompson scored 14 points to lead the Virginia Cavaliers (7-1). UVA will face East...
No. 6 UVA Entertains No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/2/2016
No. 6 Virginia (7-0) hosts No. 25 West Virginia (5-1) in in men’s basketball non-conference...
Jeff White: Home-Court Advantage Pivotal Again
M. Basketball | 12/01/2016
No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games...
Perrantes leads No. 6 UVA past Ohio State, 63-61
M. Basketball | 11/30/2016
London Perrantes scored 15 of his 19 points in the second half and No. 7 Virginia overcame a...
- Online Stores