Feb. 8, 2014
Virginia Postgame Notes at Georgia Tech
#20 Virginia 64, Georgia Tech 45
Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014
- Virginia improved to 10-1 in the ACC, its best start to a conference season since starting 12-1 in 1981-82
- The Cavaliers posted their ninth ACC double-digit win of the season, tying the school-record nine double-digit conference wins in 1982-83
- Virginia has recorded five ACC road wins for the first time since 1994-95 and seven straight league wins for the first time since 2006-07
- Virginia improved to 2-4, 2-1 ACC when trailing at the half
- Virginia had the same starting lineup (Tobey, Harris, Brogdon, Perrantes, Mitchell) for the 11th consecutive game, the longest streak with the same starting lineup in the Tony Bennett era
- Virginia shot a season-high 89.5 percent (17-of-19) from the free throw line
- Malcolm Brogdon (14 pts, 11 rebs) had his second career double-double
- Malcolm Brogdon scored in double figures for the 11th consecutive game and the 17th time this season (22nd time in his career)
- Anthony Gill (11 pts) scored in double figures for the eighth time this season
- Joe Harris (11 pts) reached double figures for the 15th time (84th career)
- Darion Atkins matched a season high with eight points off the bench
Player Career Highs
- Malcolm Brogdon tied a career high with 11 rebounds
Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.Diakite Growing Into Larger RoleMen's Basketball11/29/16Redshirt freshman Mamadi Diakite is averaging 7.2 points and a team-high 2.6 blocks for No. 6 Virginia, which hosts Ohio State at JPJ on Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 6 UVA Entertains No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/2/2016
No. 6 Virginia (7-0) hosts No. 25 West Virginia (5-1) in in men’s basketball non-conference...
Jeff White: Home-Court Advantage Pivotal Again
M. Basketball | 12/1/2016
No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games...
Perrantes leads No. 6 UVA past Ohio State, 63-61
M. Basketball | 11/30/2016
London Perrantes scored 15 of his 19 points in the second half and No. 7 Virginia overcame a...
Jeff White: Diakite Growing Into Larger Role
M. Basketball | 11/29/2016
Redshirt freshman Mamadi Diakite is averaging 7.2 points and a team-high 2.6 blocks for No. 6...
No. 6 UVA Hosts Ohio State in ACC/B1G Challenge
M. Basketball | 11/29/2016
No. 6 Virginia (6-0) hosts Ohio State (6-0) in the 2017 ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday (Nov. ...
No. 7 Virginia Downs Providence For Emerald Coast Title, 63-52
M. Basketball | 11/26/2016
London Perrantes and Darius Thompson scored 11 points each and No. 7 Virginia beat Providence 63-...
No. 7 Virginia Defeats Iowa, 74-41
M. Basketball | 11/25/2016
Jarred Reuter led a well-balanced scoring attack with 14 points and Virginia's stifling trademark...
No. 7 UVA Battles Iowa in Emerald Coast Classic Friday
M. Basketball | 11/23/2016
No. 7 Virginia (4-0) battles Iowa (3-1) in the semifinals of the Emerald Coast Classic on Friday ...
- Online Stores