Feb. 8, 2014
Virginia Postgame Notes at Georgia Tech
#20 Virginia 64, Georgia Tech 45
Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014
- Virginia improved to 10-1 in the ACC, its best start to a conference season since starting 12-1 in 1981-82
- The Cavaliers posted their ninth ACC double-digit win of the season, tying the school-record nine double-digit conference wins in 1982-83
- Virginia has recorded five ACC road wins for the first time since 1994-95 and seven straight league wins for the first time since 2006-07
- Virginia improved to 2-4, 2-1 ACC when trailing at the half
- Virginia had the same starting lineup (Tobey, Harris, Brogdon, Perrantes, Mitchell) for the 11th consecutive game, the longest streak with the same starting lineup in the Tony Bennett era
- Virginia shot a season-high 89.5 percent (17-of-19) from the free throw line
- Malcolm Brogdon (14 pts, 11 rebs) had his second career double-double
- Malcolm Brogdon scored in double figures for the 11th consecutive game and the 17th time this season (22nd time in his career)
- Anthony Gill (11 pts) scored in double figures for the eighth time this season
- Joe Harris (11 pts) reached double figures for the 15th time (84th career)
- Darion Atkins matched a season high with eight points off the bench
Player Career Highs
- Malcolm Brogdon tied a career high with 11 rebounds
Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: 'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from Loss
M. Basketball | 12/6/2017
No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at ...
No. 18 WVU Tops No. 15 Virginia 68-61
M. Basketball | 12/5/2017
Devon Hall led No. 15 Virginia (8-1) with 19 points and Kyle Guy added 18 as the Cavaliers fell...
No. 18 Virginia Plays at No. 19 West Virginia Tuesday
M. Basketball | 12/4/2017
No. 18 Virginia (8-0) travels to No. 19 West Virginia (7-1) on Tuesday (Dec. 5). Tipoff at WVU...
Jeff White: Selfless Effort Propels 'Hoos in Latest Win
M. Basketball | 12/2/2017
No. 18 Virginia was credited with 21 assists on its 30 field goals Saturday in its victory over...
Guy's 21 lead No. 18 Virginia past Lehigh 75-54
M. Basketball | 12/2/2017
Kyle Guy scored 21 points and No. 18 Virginia never trailed in a 75-54 victory against Lehigh on ...
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Airs Tonight
M. Basketball | 12/11/2017
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett airs on Virginia Sports Radio Network tonight from 7:06-8 p.m.
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Begins Tonight
M. Basketball | 12/06/2017
The weekly "Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett" radio program that airs across the Virginia Sports ...
No. 18 Virginia Meets Lehigh Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/01/2017
Virginia (7-0) continues non-conference men’s basketball action against Lehigh (4-3) on...
- Online Stores