Feb. 8, 2014
Virginia Postgame Notes at Georgia Tech
#20 Virginia 64, Georgia Tech 45
Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014
- Virginia improved to 10-1 in the ACC, its best start to a conference season since starting 12-1 in 1981-82
- The Cavaliers posted their ninth ACC double-digit win of the season, tying the school-record nine double-digit conference wins in 1982-83
- Virginia has recorded five ACC road wins for the first time since 1994-95 and seven straight league wins for the first time since 2006-07
- Virginia improved to 2-4, 2-1 ACC when trailing at the half
- Virginia had the same starting lineup (Tobey, Harris, Brogdon, Perrantes, Mitchell) for the 11th consecutive game, the longest streak with the same starting lineup in the Tony Bennett era
- Virginia shot a season-high 89.5 percent (17-of-19) from the free throw line
- Malcolm Brogdon (14 pts, 11 rebs) had his second career double-double
- Malcolm Brogdon scored in double figures for the 11th consecutive game and the 17th time this season (22nd time in his career)
- Anthony Gill (11 pts) scored in double figures for the eighth time this season
- Joe Harris (11 pts) reached double figures for the 15th time (84th career)
- Darion Atkins matched a season high with eight points off the bench
Player Career Highs
- Malcolm Brogdon tied a career high with 11 rebounds
Road Tests Await 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/17No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, is on the road Tuesday against No. 15 Notre Dame and next Sunday against No. 1 Villanova.Perseverance Paying Off for SchanyWrestling1/21/17Redshirt sophomore Will Schany is the starting 184-pounder for No. 25 Virginia, which meets No. 6 Virginia Tech at 4 p.m. Sunday in Blacksburg.Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 14 Notre Dame Next For No. 12 UVA
M. Basketball | 1/23/2017
No. 12 Virginia (15-3, 5-2 ACC) plays at No. 14 Notre Dame (17-3, 6-1 ACC) on Tuesday, Jan. 24 at...
Jeff White: Stern Tests Await 'Hoos on Road
M. Basketball | 1/22/2017
No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, plays Tuesday night at No. 15 Notre Dame ...
No. 16 Virginia tops Georgia Tech 62-49
M. Basketball | 1/21/2017
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) Marial Shayok scored a career-best 19 points and No. 16 Virginia used a...
No. 16 Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech on Saturday
M. Basketball | 1/20/2017
No. 16 Virginia (14-3, 4-2 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech (11-7, 3-3 ACC) in ACC men’s basketball ...
Jeff White: Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest Win
M. Basketball | 1/19/2017
In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists ...
No. 16 UVA Cruises to 71-54 Win Over Boston College
M. Basketball | 1/18/2017
Devon Hall scored 13 points and Isaiah Wilkins had 11 points and nine rebounds before heading...
No. 16 Cavaliers Play at BC on Wednesday
M. Basketball | 01/17/2017
No. 16 Virginia (13-3, 3-2 ACC) travels to Boston College (9-9, 2-3 ACC) for an ACC men’s...
Jeff Jones Declared Academically Ineligible
M. Basketball | 01/17/2017
Virginia senior forward Jeff Jones has been declared academically ineligible for the spring...
- Online Stores