Feb. 8, 2014
Virginia Postgame Notes at Georgia Tech
#20 Virginia 64, Georgia Tech 45
Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014
- Virginia improved to 10-1 in the ACC, its best start to a conference season since starting 12-1 in 1981-82
- The Cavaliers posted their ninth ACC double-digit win of the season, tying the school-record nine double-digit conference wins in 1982-83
- Virginia has recorded five ACC road wins for the first time since 1994-95 and seven straight league wins for the first time since 2006-07
- Virginia improved to 2-4, 2-1 ACC when trailing at the half
- Virginia had the same starting lineup (Tobey, Harris, Brogdon, Perrantes, Mitchell) for the 11th consecutive game, the longest streak with the same starting lineup in the Tony Bennett era
- Virginia shot a season-high 89.5 percent (17-of-19) from the free throw line
- Malcolm Brogdon (14 pts, 11 rebs) had his second career double-double
- Malcolm Brogdon scored in double figures for the 11th consecutive game and the 17th time this season (22nd time in his career)
- Anthony Gill (11 pts) scored in double figures for the eighth time this season
- Joe Harris (11 pts) reached double figures for the 15th time (84th career)
- Darion Atkins matched a season high with eight points off the bench
Player Career Highs
- Malcolm Brogdon tied a career high with 11 rebounds
Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Top-Ranked Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech Wednesday
M. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Top-ranked Virginia (24-2, 13-1 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech on Wednesday, Feb. 21. Tipoff at John...
Hunter Named Co-ACC Rookie of the Week
M. Basketball | 2/19/2018
Virginia redshirt freshman guard De'Andre Hunter has been voted the ACC Men's Basketball Co-Rooki...
Jeff White: Hard-Earned Break Next for No. 1 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 2/14/2018
No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla.,...
No. 1 Virginia beats Miami 59-50
M. Basketball | 2/13/2018
No. 1 Virginia looked the part Tuesday, never trailing and holding Miami to 38 percent shooting...
Top-Ranked Virginia Plays at Miami Tuesday
M. Basketball | 2/12/2018
No. 1 Virginia (23-2, 12-1 ACC) plays at Miami (18-6, 7-5 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 13. Tipoff at...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Absorb Painful Lessons in Defeat
M. Basketball | 2/11/2018
Next up for No. 2 Virginia, whose 15-game winning streak ended Saturday night at John Paul Jones ...
No. 2 Virginia Falls in Overtime to Virginia Tech
M. Basketball | 02/10/2018
No. 2 Virginia fell 61-60 in overtime to Virginia Tech on Saturday night in John Paul Jones Arena.
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Airs Tonight
M. Basketball | 02/19/2018
The weekly radio program "Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett" airs tonight across the Virginia...
- Online Stores