Feb. 8, 2014
Virginia Postgame Notes at Georgia Tech
#20 Virginia 64, Georgia Tech 45
Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014
- Virginia improved to 10-1 in the ACC, its best start to a conference season since starting 12-1 in 1981-82
- The Cavaliers posted their ninth ACC double-digit win of the season, tying the school-record nine double-digit conference wins in 1982-83
- Virginia has recorded five ACC road wins for the first time since 1994-95 and seven straight league wins for the first time since 2006-07
- Virginia improved to 2-4, 2-1 ACC when trailing at the half
- Virginia had the same starting lineup (Tobey, Harris, Brogdon, Perrantes, Mitchell) for the 11th consecutive game, the longest streak with the same starting lineup in the Tony Bennett era
- Virginia shot a season-high 89.5 percent (17-of-19) from the free throw line
- Malcolm Brogdon (14 pts, 11 rebs) had his second career double-double
- Malcolm Brogdon scored in double figures for the 11th consecutive game and the 17th time this season (22nd time in his career)
- Anthony Gill (11 pts) scored in double figures for the eighth time this season
- Joe Harris (11 pts) reached double figures for the 15th time (84th career)
- Darion Atkins matched a season high with eight points off the bench
Player Career Highs
- Malcolm Brogdon tied a career high with 11 rebounds
Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.Mueller Sets Sights on World TitleWrestling6/11/18Early this month, Jack Mueller, a rising junior at UVA, clinched a spot on the U.S. team that will compete at the U23 freestyle world championships in Romania.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Hall Working to Raise NBA Stock
M. Basketball | 6/12/2018
By the time the NBA draft arrives June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for...
Virginia to Play at Maryland in 2018 ACC/B1G Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/1/2018
Virginia will play at former ACC rival Maryland in the 20th ACC-B1G Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 28.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 4/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 04/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
Bennett Adds Another Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 04/01/2018
Virginia’s Tony Bennett was named the 2018 NABC Division I Coach of the Year, announced...
- Online Stores