Feb. 10, 2013
- Virginia has won four consecutive games against Maryland.
- Virginia has won three consecutive games against Maryland in College Park.
- The Cavaliers have won two straight games and six of their last seven games overall.
- Virginia outrebounded Maryland, 34-29, marking the first time the Terrapins have been outrebounded this season.
- The Cavaliers tied a season-high with 11 3-pointers, shooting 11-19 (.579) from 3-point range.
- Joe Harris (22 points) led UVa in scoring for the 15th time.
- Harris has scored 20 or more points in three of the last four games.
- Harris has made at least one 3-pointer in 13 consecutive games.
- Justin Anderson added a career-high 17 points and tied a career-best with nine rebounds.
- Anderson has scored 10 or more points in five of the last six games.
- Paul Jesperson had a career-high 12 points on a career-high four 3-pointers.
- Jontel Evans matched his ACC high with eight assists.
Road Tests Await 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/17No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, is on the road Tuesday against No. 15 Notre Dame and next Sunday against No. 1 Villanova.Perseverance Paying Off for SchanyWrestling1/21/17Redshirt sophomore Will Schany is the starting 184-pounder for No. 25 Virginia, which meets No. 6 Virginia Tech at 4 p.m. Sunday in Blacksburg.Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 14 Notre Dame Next For No. 12 UVA
M. Basketball | 1/23/2017
No. 12 Virginia (15-3, 5-2 ACC) plays at No. 14 Notre Dame (17-3, 6-1 ACC) on Tuesday, Jan. 24 at...
Jeff White: Stern Tests Await 'Hoos on Road
M. Basketball | 1/22/2017
No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, plays Tuesday night at No. 15 Notre Dame ...
No. 16 Virginia tops Georgia Tech 62-49
M. Basketball | 1/21/2017
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) Marial Shayok scored a career-best 19 points and No. 16 Virginia used a...
No. 16 Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech on Saturday
M. Basketball | 1/20/2017
No. 16 Virginia (14-3, 4-2 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech (11-7, 3-3 ACC) in ACC men’s basketball ...
Jeff White: Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest Win
M. Basketball | 1/19/2017
In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists ...
No. 16 UVA Cruises to 71-54 Win Over Boston College
M. Basketball | 1/18/2017
Devon Hall scored 13 points and Isaiah Wilkins had 11 points and nine rebounds before heading...
No. 16 Cavaliers Play at BC on Wednesday
M. Basketball | 01/17/2017
No. 16 Virginia (13-3, 3-2 ACC) travels to Boston College (9-9, 2-3 ACC) for an ACC men’s...
Jeff Jones Declared Academically Ineligible
M. Basketball | 01/17/2017
Virginia senior forward Jeff Jones has been declared academically ineligible for the spring...
- Online Stores