Feb. 10, 2013
- Virginia has won four consecutive games against Maryland.
- Virginia has won three consecutive games against Maryland in College Park.
- The Cavaliers have won two straight games and six of their last seven games overall.
- Virginia outrebounded Maryland, 34-29, marking the first time the Terrapins have been outrebounded this season.
- The Cavaliers tied a season-high with 11 3-pointers, shooting 11-19 (.579) from 3-point range.
- Joe Harris (22 points) led UVa in scoring for the 15th time.
- Harris has scored 20 or more points in three of the last four games.
- Harris has made at least one 3-pointer in 13 consecutive games.
- Justin Anderson added a career-high 17 points and tied a career-best with nine rebounds.
- Anderson has scored 10 or more points in five of the last six games.
- Paul Jesperson had a career-high 12 points on a career-high four 3-pointers.
- Jontel Evans matched his ACC high with eight assists.
Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.Billiard's Return Energizes CavaliersWomen's Volleyball11/14/17Virginia has won three of its past six matches with freshman Sarah Billiard in the lineup. Billiard missed 10 matches while recovering from a knee injury.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Grind Out Win in Opener
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
For the second straight year, UVA opened the season with a win over UNC Greensboro. This one was ...
Guy's 16 leads Virginia past UNCG in opener, 60-48
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
Sophomore Kyle Guy scored 16 points to lead Virginia men's basketball to a 60-48 win over UNCG to...
Virginia Men's Basketball Signs Two Student-Athletes
M. Basketball | 11/09/2017
Tony Bennett has announced the signings of guards Kihei Clark and Kody Stattmann (Bentley Park,...
- Online Stores