Feb. 12, 2013
• Virginia (18-6) is 8-3 in the ACC for the first time since 2006-07
• The 18-point victory was Virginia’s largest in the series since an 86-61 win (25 pts) on Jan. 23, 1991
• Virginia has won three straight in the series against the Hokies
• The Cavaliers swept the season series for the third time in eight years that Virginia Tech has been in the ACC (The Hokies have only swept the season series once in that time)
• Virginia improved to 33-2 under Tony Bennett when scoring at least 70 points
• The Cavaliers have scored at least 70 points in three straight games for the first time since a six-game span in 2009-10
• Virginia extended its home-winning streak to 14 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home winning streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Joe Harris (26 pts) scored in double figures for the 21st time this season
• Harris had his seventh 20-point game of the season (eighth of his career)
• Harris is the first Cavalier to have three consecutive 20-point games since Sylven Landesberg in 2009-10 (20 vs. UTPA, 23 at NC State and 22 vs. Georgia Tech)
• Joe Harris' 17 first half points are the most first half points by a Cavalier since Mustapha Farrakhan had 18 first half points vs. Howard on Jan. 4, 2011 (Farrakhan, like Harris tonight, was 5-5 in 1st half from 3-point range)
• Akil Mitchell scored an ACC career-high 17 points
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied a season high with eight points
Career Records Watch
• Joe Harris (1,076 pts) moved into 40th place on Virginia’s all-time scoring list, passing Gene Engel (1,071, 1961-63)
New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Top-Ranked Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech Wednesday
M. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Top-ranked Virginia (24-2, 13-1 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech on Wednesday, Feb. 21. Tipoff at John...
Hunter Named Co-ACC Rookie of the Week
M. Basketball | 2/19/2018
Virginia redshirt freshman guard De'Andre Hunter has been voted the ACC Men's Basketball Co-Rooki...
Jeff White: Hard-Earned Break Next for No. 1 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 2/14/2018
No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla.,...
No. 1 Virginia beats Miami 59-50
M. Basketball | 2/13/2018
No. 1 Virginia looked the part Tuesday, never trailing and holding Miami to 38 percent shooting...
Top-Ranked Virginia Plays at Miami Tuesday
M. Basketball | 2/12/2018
No. 1 Virginia (23-2, 12-1 ACC) plays at Miami (18-6, 7-5 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 13. Tipoff at...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Absorb Painful Lessons in Defeat
M. Basketball | 2/11/2018
Next up for No. 2 Virginia, whose 15-game winning streak ended Saturday night at John Paul Jones ...
No. 2 Virginia Falls in Overtime to Virginia Tech
M. Basketball | 02/10/2018
No. 2 Virginia fell 61-60 in overtime to Virginia Tech on Saturday night in John Paul Jones Arena.
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Airs Tonight
M. Basketball | 02/19/2018
The weekly radio program "Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett" airs tonight across the Virginia...
- Online Stores