Feb. 12, 2013
• Virginia (18-6) is 8-3 in the ACC for the first time since 2006-07
• The 18-point victory was Virginia’s largest in the series since an 86-61 win (25 pts) on Jan. 23, 1991
• Virginia has won three straight in the series against the Hokies
• The Cavaliers swept the season series for the third time in eight years that Virginia Tech has been in the ACC (The Hokies have only swept the season series once in that time)
• Virginia improved to 33-2 under Tony Bennett when scoring at least 70 points
• The Cavaliers have scored at least 70 points in three straight games for the first time since a six-game span in 2009-10
• Virginia extended its home-winning streak to 14 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home winning streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Joe Harris (26 pts) scored in double figures for the 21st time this season
• Harris had his seventh 20-point game of the season (eighth of his career)
• Harris is the first Cavalier to have three consecutive 20-point games since Sylven Landesberg in 2009-10 (20 vs. UTPA, 23 at NC State and 22 vs. Georgia Tech)
• Joe Harris' 17 first half points are the most first half points by a Cavalier since Mustapha Farrakhan had 18 first half points vs. Howard on Jan. 4, 2011 (Farrakhan, like Harris tonight, was 5-5 in 1st half from 3-point range)
• Akil Mitchell scored an ACC career-high 17 points
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied a season high with eight points
Career Records Watch
• Joe Harris (1,076 pts) moved into 40th place on Virginia’s all-time scoring list, passing Gene Engel (1,071, 1961-63)
Sky's the Limit for UVA Pole VaulterTrack & Field, Cross Country7/20/17Jeff Jernigan, who over the course of his UVA career became one of the ACC's top pole vaulters, was commissioned in the U.S. Navy in May.Graduate Transfers Bolster Offensive LineFootball7/18/17Graduate transfers John Montelus and Brandon Pertile will compete for starting jobs on the offensive line when UVA opens training camp late this month.'Hoos Hope to Build Momentum EarlyFootball7/15/17Four of Virginia's first five football games this season will be at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 6/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 04/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 03/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
- Online Stores