Feb. 12, 2013
• Virginia (18-6) is 8-3 in the ACC for the first time since 2006-07
• The 18-point victory was Virginia’s largest in the series since an 86-61 win (25 pts) on Jan. 23, 1991
• Virginia has won three straight in the series against the Hokies
• The Cavaliers swept the season series for the third time in eight years that Virginia Tech has been in the ACC (The Hokies have only swept the season series once in that time)
• Virginia improved to 33-2 under Tony Bennett when scoring at least 70 points
• The Cavaliers have scored at least 70 points in three straight games for the first time since a six-game span in 2009-10
• Virginia extended its home-winning streak to 14 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home winning streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Joe Harris (26 pts) scored in double figures for the 21st time this season
• Harris had his seventh 20-point game of the season (eighth of his career)
• Harris is the first Cavalier to have three consecutive 20-point games since Sylven Landesberg in 2009-10 (20 vs. UTPA, 23 at NC State and 22 vs. Georgia Tech)
• Joe Harris' 17 first half points are the most first half points by a Cavalier since Mustapha Farrakhan had 18 first half points vs. Howard on Jan. 4, 2011 (Farrakhan, like Harris tonight, was 5-5 in 1st half from 3-point range)
• Akil Mitchell scored an ACC career-high 17 points
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied a season high with eight points
Career Records Watch
• Joe Harris (1,076 pts) moved into 40th place on Virginia’s all-time scoring list, passing Gene Engel (1,071, 1961-63)
Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.'Hoos Focused on Getting Up to SpeedFootball6/17/16Speed training is a major component of the Virginia football team's offseason strength and conditioning program.Hardin Eager To Take On New ChallengeSoftball6/13/16Virginia's new softball coach, Joanna Hardin, posted a 79-34 record, with one NCAA tournament appearance, in two seasons at McNeese State.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Brogdon Selected by Milwaukee in Second Round of 2016 NBA Draft
M. Basketball | 6/23/2016
Former Virginia two-time All-American Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was selected by the...
Brogdon Named to USA Men’s Select Team
M. Basketball | 6/7/2016
Former Virginia two-time All-American Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) is one of 25 players chosen ...
Virginia to Host Ohio State in 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge
M. Basketball | 5/24/2016
Virginia will host Ohio State in the 18th ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 30. This year'...
Jeff White: Checking In With Justin Anderson
M. Basketball | 5/18/2016
Former UVA star Justin Anderson, who recently completed his rookie season with the NBA's Mavs,...
Malcolm Brogdon and Leah Smith UVA's Top Athletes
M. Basketball | 5/4/2016
Malcolm Brogdon (men's basketball) and Leah Smith (women's swimming) were honored as Virginia's...
Bennett, Brogdon and Gill Honored by VaSID
M. Basketball | 4/22/2016
Virginia's Tony Bennett, Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) and Anthony Gill (High Point, N.C.) were ...
Brogdon Adds Senior CLASS First-Team Honor
M. Basketball | 04/01/2016
Virginia's Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was named to the 2015-16 Senior CLASS All-America first...
Brogdon Named NABC Defensive Player of the Year
M. Basketball | 03/31/2016
Virginia guard Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.), a consensus first-team All-American, has been...
- Online Stores