Feb. 12, 2013
• Virginia (18-6) is 8-3 in the ACC for the first time since 2006-07
• The 18-point victory was Virginia’s largest in the series since an 86-61 win (25 pts) on Jan. 23, 1991
• Virginia has won three straight in the series against the Hokies
• The Cavaliers swept the season series for the third time in eight years that Virginia Tech has been in the ACC (The Hokies have only swept the season series once in that time)
• Virginia improved to 33-2 under Tony Bennett when scoring at least 70 points
• The Cavaliers have scored at least 70 points in three straight games for the first time since a six-game span in 2009-10
• Virginia extended its home-winning streak to 14 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home winning streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Joe Harris (26 pts) scored in double figures for the 21st time this season
• Harris had his seventh 20-point game of the season (eighth of his career)
• Harris is the first Cavalier to have three consecutive 20-point games since Sylven Landesberg in 2009-10 (20 vs. UTPA, 23 at NC State and 22 vs. Georgia Tech)
• Joe Harris' 17 first half points are the most first half points by a Cavalier since Mustapha Farrakhan had 18 first half points vs. Howard on Jan. 4, 2011 (Farrakhan, like Harris tonight, was 5-5 in 1st half from 3-point range)
• Akil Mitchell scored an ACC career-high 17 points
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied a season high with eight points
Career Records Watch
• Joe Harris (1,076 pts) moved into 40th place on Virginia’s all-time scoring list, passing Gene Engel (1,071, 1961-63)
Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.Lucas Playing Key Role in TurnaroundField Hockey10/20/16Carrera Lucas' play at goalkeeper has helped No.9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 Louisville on Friday night, win seven of its past eight games.Media Day NotebookMen's Basketball10/18/16Virginia, which advanced to the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC Greensboro at the Greensboro Coliseum.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Sunday
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men's team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p.m.,...
Nichols Named to Malone Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/20/2016
Virginia’s Austin Nichols (Collierville, Tenn.) was one of 20 players named to the watch...
Jeff White: Media Day Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/18/2016
Virginia, which reached the Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC...
Perrantes Named to Cousy Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was one of 20 players named to the watch list for...
Jeff White: Reuter Ready To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
A 6-7, 243-pound sophomore from Marion, Mass., Jarred Reuter is competing for a starting spot in ...
On-Sale Dates For Single-Game Tickets Announced
M. Basketball | 10/10/2016
The University of Virginia announced the on-sale dates for single-game tickets for men’s...
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 09/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 09/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
- Online Stores