Feb. 12, 2013
• Virginia (18-6) is 8-3 in the ACC for the first time since 2006-07
• The 18-point victory was Virginia’s largest in the series since an 86-61 win (25 pts) on Jan. 23, 1991
• Virginia has won three straight in the series against the Hokies
• The Cavaliers swept the season series for the third time in eight years that Virginia Tech has been in the ACC (The Hokies have only swept the season series once in that time)
• Virginia improved to 33-2 under Tony Bennett when scoring at least 70 points
• The Cavaliers have scored at least 70 points in three straight games for the first time since a six-game span in 2009-10
• Virginia extended its home-winning streak to 14 games, the longest in JPJA history and the longest home winning streak by the Cavaliers since a 14-game streak from Jan. 2001 to Dec. 2001
• Joe Harris (26 pts) scored in double figures for the 21st time this season
• Harris had his seventh 20-point game of the season (eighth of his career)
• Harris is the first Cavalier to have three consecutive 20-point games since Sylven Landesberg in 2009-10 (20 vs. UTPA, 23 at NC State and 22 vs. Georgia Tech)
• Joe Harris' 17 first half points are the most first half points by a Cavalier since Mustapha Farrakhan had 18 first half points vs. Howard on Jan. 4, 2011 (Farrakhan, like Harris tonight, was 5-5 in 1st half from 3-point range)
• Akil Mitchell scored an ACC career-high 17 points
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 19th time this season
• Jontel Evans tied a season high with eight points
Career Records Watch
• Joe Harris (1,076 pts) moved into 40th place on Virginia’s all-time scoring list, passing Gene Engel (1,071, 1961-63)
Casey's Return Buoys CavaliersBaseball2/22/17Derek Casey, who missed the 2016 season while recovering from Tommy John surgery, pitched five strong innings in No. 14 Virginia's home opener.Perrantes Searching for AnswersMen's Basketball2/21/17Senior point guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his past four games, all Virginia losses.'Hoos Savor Latest ITA TitleMen's Tennis2/20/17In men's tennis, Virginia won its sixth ITA National Team Indoors Championship, defending Ohio State 4-1 at the Boar's Head Sports Club.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Perrantes Searching for Answers
M. Basketball | 2/21/2017
Senior guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his...
No. 18 Virginia Falls to Miami 54-48 in OT
M. Basketball | 2/20/2017
Devon Hall scored 15 points to lead the Cavaliers, but No. 18 Virginia fell to Miami in overtime ...
No. 14 Virginia Hosts Miami Monday Night
M. Basketball | 2/19/2017
No. 14 Virginia hosts Miami on Monday, Feb. 20. Tipoff at John Paul Jones Arena is set for 7 p.m....
Jeff White: Slumping Cavaliers Look to Regroup
M. Basketball | 2/19/2017
No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC...
No. 14 Cavaliers fall to No. 10 Tar Heels 65-41
M. Basketball | 2/18/2017
Justin Jackson scored 20 points to help No. 10 North Carolina beat No. 14 Virginia 65-41 on...
No. 10 North Carolina Next For No. 14 Virginia
M. Basketball | 2/17/2017
No. 14 Virginia (18-7, 8-5 ACC) plays at No. 10 North Carolina (22-5, 10-3 ACC) on Saturday, Feb....
Jeff White: Grueling Stretch Continues for 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 02/16/2017
No. 14 Virginia, which lost Wednesday night to No. 12 Duke at JPJ, meets No. 10 North Carolina in...
No. 14 Virginia Falls to No. 12 Duke, 65-55
M. Basketball | 02/15/2017
London Perrantes scored 14 points to lead Virginia (18-7, 8-5) and Ty Jerome had 13.
- Online Stores