Feb. 12, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
Virginia Tech 80, No. 12 Virginia 78 (2OT)
Sunday, Feb. 12, 2017
• UVA and Tech played its second double overtime contest in series history (Feb. 25, 1976, UVA 75-73 win in Charlottesville)
• UVA played its first double overtime game since Jan. 3, 2015 (89-80 win at Miami)
• Virginia (18-6, 8-4 ACC) is tied for third in the ACC with Duke and Louisville
• The Cavaliers and Hokies split the season series for the second straight year
• UVA has lost two straight games at Cassell Coliseum after recording a five-game winning streak from 2010-15
• UVA is 6-4 in true road games in 2016-17
• UVA is 23-11 in ACC road contests since 2013-14
• The Cavaliers ended the first half on a 13-0 run and led 37-23 at intermission
• The 14-point halftime lead was the largest surrendered by UVA in a loss this season (12 at Syracuse on Feb. 4)
• UVA is 1-3 when out-rebounded (41-38) in ACC action
• UVA missed a season-high 10 free throws (14-24)
• London Perrantes scored a game-high 22 points, marking his fourth 20-point effort of 2016-17
• Perrantes has two of his six career 20-point games against Tech, including a 22-point effort last season at Cassell Coliseum
• Perrantes had a career-high 22 field goal attempts
• Kyle Guy tallied 12 points off the bench, including 10 in the first half
• Mamadi Diakite blocked three shots, marking an ACC high
• Marial Shayok had 11 points for his 12th double-figure scoring game of 2016-17
'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 75-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Grind Out Win in Opener
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
For the second straight year, UVA opened the season with a win over UNC Greensboro. This one was ...
- Online Stores