Feb. 12, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
Virginia Tech 80, No. 12 Virginia 78 (2OT)
Sunday, Feb. 12, 2017
• UVA and Tech played its second double overtime contest in series history (Feb. 25, 1976, UVA 75-73 win in Charlottesville)
• UVA played its first double overtime game since Jan. 3, 2015 (89-80 win at Miami)
• Virginia (18-6, 8-4 ACC) is tied for third in the ACC with Duke and Louisville
• The Cavaliers and Hokies split the season series for the second straight year
• UVA has lost two straight games at Cassell Coliseum after recording a five-game winning streak from 2010-15
• UVA is 6-4 in true road games in 2016-17
• UVA is 23-11 in ACC road contests since 2013-14
• The Cavaliers ended the first half on a 13-0 run and led 37-23 at intermission
• The 14-point halftime lead was the largest surrendered by UVA in a loss this season (12 at Syracuse on Feb. 4)
• UVA is 1-3 when out-rebounded (41-38) in ACC action
• UVA missed a season-high 10 free throws (14-24)
• London Perrantes scored a game-high 22 points, marking his fourth 20-point effort of 2016-17
• Perrantes has two of his six career 20-point games against Tech, including a 22-point effort last season at Cassell Coliseum
• Perrantes had a career-high 22 field goal attempts
• Kyle Guy tallied 12 points off the bench, including 10 in the first half
• Mamadi Diakite blocked three shots, marking an ACC high
• Marial Shayok had 11 points for his 12th double-figure scoring game of 2016-17
Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Perrantes To Compete in Reese’s College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 3/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 3/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
Perrantes Named to NABC All-District 2 Second Team
M. Basketball | 3/22/2017
Virginia senior point guard London Perrantes was named to the NABC All-District 2 second team,...
Jeff White: Successful Season Ends on Excruciating Note
M. Basketball | 3/19/2017
Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round...
Virginia Falls to Florida 65-39 in Second Round of the NCAAs
M. Basketball | 3/18/2017
Devin Robinson had 14 points and 11 rebounds, the fifth double-double of his career, and No. 4 ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping For Another Lift From Thompson
M. Basketball | 03/18/2017
In his first start since Dec. 31, Darius Thompson played a team-high 34 minutes Thursday in...
No. 5 Seed UVA Battles No. 4 Seed Florida on Saturday
M. Basketball | 03/17/2017
No. 5 seed Virginia plays No. 4 seed Florida in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Sat., ...
- Online Stores