Feb. 13, 2018
• Virginia improved to 24-2 and 13-1 ACC
• UVA is 21-3 all-time in the 12 weeks as the top-ranked team
• UVA clinched a double bye and top-four seed for the ACC Tournament
• UVA is 8-1 on the road, including 7-0 in ACC action
• UVA's seven-game ACC road winning streak is its longest since winning eight straight in 2014-15
• Virginia limited its 25th opponent to less than 50 percent shooting (Miami -- 38.3%)
• UVA has an ACC-leading 33-19 road mark in league play over the past six seasons
• UVA has held 20 opponents to 60 points or less
• UVA is 10-12 all-time vs. Miami
• UVA is 2-7 all-time against the Hurricanes in Coral Gables
• Ten of the last 11 meetings between the teams have been decided by nine points or less
• UVA led 27-16 at the half and improved to 22-0 when leading at the half
• The 16 first-half points allowed by UVA marked a season low • UVA held Miami scoreless for 7:21 of the first half
• De'Andre Hunter (22 points) reached double figures in nine ACC games
• The 22 points by Hunter marked an ACC high in league play
• Kyle Guy (13 points) has reached double figures in 23 games
• Guy extended his made 3-pointer streak to 26 games, most for a UVA player since Sean Singletary's 26-game streak (2006-08)
Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Hard-Earned Break Next for No. 1 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 2/14/2018
No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla.,...
No. 1 Virginia beats Miami 59-50
M. Basketball | 2/13/2018
No. 1 Virginia looked the part Tuesday, never trailing and holding Miami to 38 percent shooting...
Top-Ranked Virginia Plays at Miami Tuesday
M. Basketball | 2/12/2018
No. 1 Virginia (23-2, 12-1 ACC) plays at Miami (18-6, 7-5 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 13. Tipoff at...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Absorb Painful Lessons in Defeat
M. Basketball | 2/11/2018
Next up for No. 2 Virginia, whose 15-game winning streak ended Saturday night at John Paul Jones ...
No. 2 Virginia Falls in Overtime to Virginia Tech
M. Basketball | 2/10/2018
No. 2 Virginia fell 61-60 in overtime to Virginia Tech on Saturday night in John Paul Jones Arena.
No. 2 UVA Hosts Virginia Tech in Commonwealth Clash
M. Basketball | 2/9/2018
No. 2 Virginia (23-1, 12-0 ACC) hosts Virginia Tech on Saturday, Feb. 10. Tipoff at John Paul...
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Airs Tonight
M. Basketball | 02/14/2018
The weekly radio program "Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett" airs tonight across the Virginia...
Jeff White: Resilient Cavaliers Triumph in Tallahassee
M. Basketball | 02/08/2018
Four days after defeating Syracuse at the Carrier Dome, No. 2 Virginia won another ACC road game,...
- Online Stores